• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh is far and away

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's back now, but he lost his job.

And when the one player is the starting QB, that's pretty significant.
So you guys lost one starter temporarily who was worse than his replacement? That is worse than I thought. How can Georgia get by with all of that bad luck?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA's starting QB went down in the first quarter of week 1, and we've been running out a true freshman who's first ever start was @Notre Dame. What's your excuse again?
It's still a good excuse. Yes, other teams have successfully deployed true freshman QB's before. But most of the time, that doesn't work out very well.

FSU lost their starter in week one, and will be lucky to go to a bowl game this year.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's our guy too, and we're good with that.......... :dhd:

.... until he's not :lol:

Did I ever tell you and the rest of the ohio state posters, you guys are a bunch of class acts. You support your team and hammer on Michigan (just the way your suppose to do). My only complaint is you keep answering the two dimwits on the AL Central doug/iffy?

@Wamu
@Sgt Brutus
@Erie Warrior
@SlinkyRedfoot
@osubuckeye89

You guys are too classy to answer those two (or one) idiot(s).

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did I ever tell you and the rest of the ohio state posters, you guys are a bunch of class acts. You support your team and hammer on Michigan (just the way your suppose to do). My only complaint is you keep answering the two dimwits on the AL Central doug/iffy?

@Wamu
@Sgt Brutus
@Erie Warrior
@SlinkyRedfoot
@osubuckeye89

OSU fans are acting like they've won this year already, which is a dangerous position to take. Yes, Michigan has lost a crap ton of these games in the past 15 years but all it takes it one and it's going to happen at some point. I'll tell you one thing, no one's going to care about any of the losses we take this year if we beat Ohio State.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU fans are acting like they've won this year already, which is a dangerous position to take. Yes, Michigan has lost a crap ton of these games in the past 15 years but all it takes it one and it's going to happen at some point. I'll tell you one thing, no one's going to care about any of the losses we take this year if we beat Ohio State.

Those loses don't magically go away ... we have to beat them and we have to do it with consistency

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those loses don't magically go away ... we have to beat them and we have to do it with consistency
Oh, for sure. By my comment I meant it changes the mentality of OSU fans. They need to feel a loss again.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys lost one starter temporarily who was worse than his replacement? That is worse than I thought. How can Georgia get by with all of that bad luck?

We've had other injuries too. But you must have skipped over half of the conversation. Dude was using Michigan's already shitty QB getting hurt as an excuse for their losing. Pay attention, hoss.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had other injuries too. But you must have skipped over half of the conversation. Dude was using Michigan's already shitty QB getting hurt as an excuse for their losing. Pay attention, hoss.

Every team has injuries .... our starting quarterback wasn't that great to begin with ... no excuses (other than Michigan State is real good and Penn State is real "fucking" good). I shout out to the WHITE OUT that was very annoying ... those are our excuses, but I'd like to look at them as reasons.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Do people remember where Michigan was before he got here? The simple fact that you think losing 2 games is a letdown for Michigan means he's done exactly what we wanted him to do.
The fact that you don't think it is through 8 games is problematic. It was also extremely close to being 3 against Indiana. You also have two likely losses left on your schedule, meaning 8-4 is likely. You're seriously saying that's exactly what you wanted him to do?
For someone who was supposed to be the savior, it hasn't come close to happening. Next year you guys have to travel to Notre Dame, Michigan State, and Ohio State, and also have Wisconsin and Penn State at home. If he doesn't have a QB that's playing at a high level by then, 7-5 could be realistic for his 4th year. That is really bad.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you don't think it is through 8 games is problematic. It was also extremely close to being 3 against Indiana. You also have two likely losses left on your schedule, meaning 8-4 is likely. You're seriously saying that's exactly what you wanted him to do?
For someone who was supposed to be the savior, it hasn't come close to happening. Next year you guys have to travel to Notre Dame, Michigan State, and Ohio State, and also have Wisconsin and Penn State at home. If he doesn't have a QB that's playing at a high level by then, 7-5 could be realistic for his 4th year. That is really bad.
THat's not what I wanted him to do, but most people were expecting that this season. I think I predicted a 9 win season? I can't remember. But 8-4 is only one unexpected loss away from that.

I'm not worried about next year at all. Again, this is a young team and an entire year changes a lot. Who knows what Penn State looks like. Who knows what MSU or OSU look like. Or ND. Michigan basically returns everyone, and the defense should be crazy good still.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Wamu
@Sgt Brutus
@Erie Warrior
@SlinkyRedfoot
@osubuckeye89

Messing w/ doug is just fun. He's a real goofball.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never of that opinion. I always thought Speight just needed time to get the connection right with his receivers. I defended him relentlessly around here. And now we're seeing why. Because an average QB like Speight is the difference between winning and losing games like Michigan State where it comes down to a few points. OKorn's offense is scoring only an average of 17 points a game. Speight's offense was averaging 32. The drop off is significant enough to matter, even if Speight was only average.
Speight also went against the worst teams you have faced this season while O'Korn has gone against the toughest defenses.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THat's not what I wanted him to do, but most people were expecting that this season. I think I predicted a 9 win season? I can't remember. But 8-4 is only one unexpected loss away from that.

I'm not worried about next year at all. Again, this is a young team and an entire year changes a lot. Who knows what Penn State looks like. Who knows what MSU or OSU look like. Or ND. Michigan basically returns everyone, and the defense should be crazy good still.
You don't pay a guy 7 mil to go 8-4 in his 3rd year.

Know what OSU will look like? We're going to have either Haskins or Burrow starting, both of whom are high end talents, with JK Dobbins and likely Mike Weber back. We've recruited gangbusters on defense and will return an elite DL even with the losses.

PSU loses Barkley but has Miles Sanders waiting to start, who is a stud. They've also recruited extremely well and have experience coming back at several other positions.

MSU returns Lewerke, LJ Scott, and Madre London along with all of their top receivers, and they'll have a stout defense as well.

Notre Dame returns Wimbush and has plenty of talent at RB to be lethal on the ground still.

michigan will have a solid defense and nothing solid on offense outside of the two WRs.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speight also went against the worst teams you have faced this season while O'Korn has gone against the toughest defenses.

Sure. But Speight has also proven he can win and score in big games as well. O'Korn has yet to do that. He's been terrible in every game so far he's ever started outside of maybe Purdue.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. But Speight has also proven he can win and score in big games as well. O'Korn has yet to do that. He's been terrible in every game so far he's ever started outside of maybe Purdue.
He has shown that he can win and score one big game, Penn State last year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most overrated/overpaid coach of all time.

I'm lazy don't make me post the proof.

1) Overrated is the lamest burn sports. Coaches, teams, players don't rank themselves. The media and fans do. So when someone says someone else is overrated, what they are really saying is the media and fans are a bunch of idiots. Which is usually true.

2) FINALLY local sports media here in the D is talking about this AM what I've been saying for weeks - the fire in Harbaugh's belly to win is gone. He no longer has that unquenchable thirst to win. We aren't paying him 9 million a year to beat Illinois and Indiana.

3) I won't be heartbroken if he goes back to the NFL this year. The problem could be he's realized that is where he really wants to be.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't pay a guy 7 mil to go 8-4 in his 3rd year.

Know what OSU will look like? We're going to have either Haskins or Burrow starting, both of whom are high end talents, with JK Dobbins and likely Mike Weber back. We've recruited gangbusters on defense and will return an elite DL even with the losses.

PSU loses Barkley but has Miles Sanders waiting to start, who is a stud. They've also recruited extremely well and have experience coming back at several other positions.

MSU returns Lewerke, LJ Scott, and Madre London along with all of their top receivers, and they'll have a stout defense as well.

Notre Dame returns Wimbush and has plenty of talent at RB to be lethal on the ground still.

michigan will have a solid defense and nothing solid on offense outside of the two WRs.

We paid Harbaugh $7 million to turn around Michigan, and thus far he has. Michigan is having a down year because of the sub-par 2014/2015 recruiting classes. We're now relying heavily on true freshman and sophomore players all over the place. I don't think it's silly to suggest that all those true freshman, redshirt freshman or sophomores out there playing will make a big jump in a year is outrageous. Harbaugh has pulled in two very talented classes, we have to wait for them to develop.

So while not having a great season this year isn't exciting, I'm pretty confident Michigan will have some pretty damn good football teams in the next coming years as the roster stabilizes. Basically half of Michigan's starters on offense and defense are Sophomores or Freshman.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never count Michigan out, even during the Rich Rod era, anything can happen in The Game!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Overrated is the lamest burn sports. Coaches, teams, players don't rank themselves. The media and fans do. So when someone says someone else is overrated, what they are really saying is the media and fans are a bunch of idiots. Which is usually true.

2) FINALLY local sports media here in the D is talking about this AM what I've been saying for weeks - the fire in Harbaugh's belly to win is gone. He no longer has that unquenchable thirst to win. We aren't paying him 9 million a year to beat Illinois and Indiana.

3) I won't be heartbroken if he goes back to the NFL this year. The problem could be he's realized that is where he really wants to be.
Valenti's take will be fun for me. Of course hearing about how much our offense is pile of dog shit will be painful.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much longer will some meeeechegan fans keep using excuses? He doubled the teams win total in his 1st year w/ Hoke's players. There are examples of HC's taking over programs & having good/great success w/i 2 or 3 years.

-Jim Tressel won a Natty his 2nd year @ Ohio State
-Urban Meyer guided Utah to an undefeated season his 2nd year, 2nd year @ Florida he won a Natty, his 2nd year in Columbus he went undefeated, his 3rd year he won a Natty
-Nick Saban won the Sugar Bowl his 2nd year @ LSU & by his 4th year he won a Natty, his 3rd year @ Bama he won a Natty
-Jimbo Fisher in his 3rd year won the Orange Bowl, by his 4th year he won a Natty

Hey some meeeechegan fans out there: is it possible that Jimmy Jam isn't the immediate miracle worker you expected him to be?