• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh is far and away

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has shown that he can win and score one big game, Penn State last year.
We scored 32 on FSU, 27 on OSU, 45 on Colorado, 49 on Penn State......all 10+ win teams.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never count Michigan out, even during the Rich Rod era, anything can happen in The Game!

Damn right. I don't care what the records are when Ohio State & meeeechegan meet that game always makes me nervous.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Overrated is the lamest burn sports. Coaches, teams, players don't rank themselves. The media and fans do. So when someone says someone else is overrated, what they are really saying is the media and fans are a bunch of idiots. Which is usually true.

2) FINALLY local sports media here in the D is talking about this AM what I've been saying for weeks - the fire in Harbaugh's belly to win is gone. He no longer has that unquenchable thirst to win. We aren't paying him 9 million a year to beat Illinois and Indiana.

3) I won't be heartbroken if he goes back to the NFL this year. The problem could be he's realized that is where he really wants to be.
Again, all stupid hot takes.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We scored 32 on FSU, 27 on OSU, 45 on Colorado, 49 on Penn State......all 10+ win teams.
And you lost to OSU and FSU. I wouldn't consider Colorado a big win in a horrible year for the PAC.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valenti's take will be fun for me. Of course hearing about how much our offense is pile of dog shit will be painful.

He's so annoying. He's calmed down since T Foster retired tho. I can at least tolerate his Lions talk now.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you lost to OSU and FSU. I wouldn't consider Colorado a big win in a horrible year for the PAC.
Yes, we lost those games but we still scored fine in them. Point being, Speight wasn't an elite QB but he's capable of putting together a damn fine performance against good teams to win games. Losing him was not good for our offense. Losing black was not good for our offense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we lost those games but we still scored fine in them. Point being, Speight wasn't an elite QB but he's capable of putting together a damn fine performance against good teams to win games. Losing him was not good for our offense. Losing black was not good for our offense.

Speight used to be capable. Not anymore. Harbaugh spent the off season obsessing with our President instead of coaching up his QBs. Now w the back injury - Speight is history.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speight used to be capable. Not anymore. Harbaugh spent the off season obsessing with our President instead of coaching up his QBs. Now w the back injury - Speight is history.
Oh, for sure. I can't see a guy coming back from that kind of injury -- but who knows. I'm still waiting to see what Peters looks like and hopefully we'll find out this week.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's so annoying. He's calmed down since T Foster retired tho. I can at least tolerate his Lions talk now.
Well he had Foster to kind of be the counter balance to his über pro Spartan rants. Now that he is pretty much solo, he needs to try and be a little more balance and a little less "hawt takes". Honestly they need to bring in someone full time so that we can get back annoying Mike. Braylon full time would be two stupid homers going at it and would be great and frustrating radio.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At no point last year was MI a legit Top 10 team, regardless of what the fake news tried selling us. Let's not forget that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, for sure. I can't see a guy coming back from that kind of injury -- but who knows. I'm still waiting to see what Peters looks like and hopefully we'll find out this week.

Agree. I'm ready for something new.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't pay a guy 7 mil to go 8-4 in his 3rd year.

Know what OSU will look like? We're going to have either Haskins or Burrow starting, both of whom are high end talents, with JK Dobbins and likely Mike Weber back. We've recruited gangbusters on defense and will return an elite DL even with the losses.

PSU loses Barkley but has Miles Sanders waiting to start, who is a stud. They've also recruited extremely well and have experience coming back at several other positions.

MSU returns Lewerke, LJ Scott, and Madre London along with all of their top receivers, and they'll have a stout defense as well.

Notre Dame returns Wimbush and has plenty of talent at RB to be lethal on the ground still.

michigan will have a solid defense and nothing solid on offense outside of the two WRs.

We lose 3/5 of our O-line. That will be an area of concern, but we've recruited well across the O-line so hopefully we can plug and play. D should still be solid.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he had Foster to kind of be the counter balance to his über pro Spartan rants. Now that he is pretty much solo, he needs to try and be a little more balance and a little less "hawt takes". Honestly they need to bring in someone full time so that we can get back annoying Mike. Braylon full time would be two stupid homers going at it and would be great and frustrating radio.

I feel like most of the new folks on air are nasaly voiced nerds. I still like Karsch and Anderson the best. Most of the others (minus Mike and Stoney) all sound similar to me.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like most of the new folks on air are nasaly voiced nerds. I still like Karsch and Anderson the best. Most of the others (minus Mike and Stoney) all sound similar to me.
Ryan and Rico were my favorites before 105.1 went defunct. I was hoping they would get picked up for the morning drive.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU fans are acting like they've won this year already, which is a dangerous position to take. Yes, Michigan has lost a crap ton of these games in the past 15 years but all it takes it one and it's going to happen at some point. I'll tell you one thing, no one's going to care about any of the losses we take this year if we beat Ohio State.
Most tOSU fans never count out UM for The game. Even the ones that do are not in control of the teams mentality so not so dangerous.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU fans are acting like they've won this year already

Provide proof of Ohio State fans acting like the Buckeyes have already won. Otherwise what you're saying is simply bullshit.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valenti's take will be fun for me. Of course hearing about how much our offense is pile of dog shit will be painful.

He a knob ... he whines more than my car's engine at 9,000 rpms. He talks after the fact like he knew before ... he is like iffy on this board ... I like sports radio, but I can't listen to him anymore.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We paid Harbaugh $7 million to turn around Michigan, and thus far he has. Michigan is having a down year because of the sub-par 2014/2015 recruiting classes. We're now relying heavily on true freshman and sophomore players all over the place. I don't think it's silly to suggest that all those true freshman, redshirt freshman or sophomores out there playing will make a big jump in a year is outrageous. Harbaugh has pulled in two very talented classes, we have to wait for them to develop.

So while not having a great season this year isn't exciting, I'm pretty confident Michigan will have some pretty damn good football teams in the next coming years as the roster stabilizes. Basically half of Michigan's starters on offense and defense are Sophomores or Freshman.
Has he? Is going from 5-7 to 8-4 in 3 seasons really "turning it around"? If so, you guys need to up your expectations. In Urban's 3rd years playing with largely 2nd year guys, he won a title. Meanwhile you're telling me 8-4 is "exactly what you wanted". Come on now.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he? Is going from 5-7 to 8-4 in 3 seasons really "turning it around"? If so, you guys need to up your expectations. In Urban's 3rd years playing with largely 2nd year guys, he won a title. Meanwhile you're telling me 8-4 is "exactly what you wanted". Come on now.
Oh come on. The situation at OSU is completely different. Urban inherited a fantastic roster and just simply continued what Tressel built. Hoke had two good classes, followed by a mediocre one. And Harbaugh had 3 weeks to finish the 2015 class. So there's a talent hole we still need to work through. Obviously I want Michigan to win a national title every year but I'm also realistic and see the very obvious reasons why that hasn't happened. We're close to being able to win 10+ games every year, but not just there yet.