• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jared Goff on the Dan Patrick show

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me repeat this(if you don't mind)... We had an AWFUL O-line which led to an AWFUL running game and AWFUL pass protection...We had perhaps the worst/most inept offensive coaches in NFL history... I don't care if Goff was the #1 overall pick...He had SO many things stacked against him, there was virtually no way he could've succeeded...

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think there was anything special about Goff or any of the top rated QBs coming out last year. But we won't know what we really have until next year. That's when you will see either a much improved 2nd year QB or a deer in headlights.

He's gonna need some help and the Rams are going to have to hit on ALL free agents and draft picks on the offensive side of the ball to make it happen next year

Well, I have to agree with you. Of all the drafts to trade up, this wasn't the one I would've pulled the trigger... However, I don't think a guy like McVay comes here unless he thinks Goff is someone he can mold/coach into a QB who can win lots of games for him...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me repeat this(if you don't mind)... We had an AWFUL O-line which led to an AWFUL running game and AWFUL pass protection...We had perhaps the worst/most inept offensive coaches in NFL history... I don't care if Goff was the #1 overall pick...He had SO many things stacked against him, there was virtually no way he could've succeeded...
You forgot about those men running routes and droppin... err... catching the ball.

Britt had a good year but outside of that, IDK....

Could just be the offense style prevented these guys from achieving more, save the drops.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot about those men running routes and droppin... err... catching the ball.

Britt had a good year but outside of that, IDK....

Could just be the offense style prevented these guys from achieving more, save the drops.

Great point, I did forget about the drops...

As for Britt and drops, yes ok he had 1000 yards, BARELY... But I sure seemed to see him drop a few balls at key times that might've turned some games around for us(especially when Goff was playing)...Seemed like Britt was shocked every time he was hit in the chest so he dropped it...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point, I did forget about the drops...

As for Britt and drops, yes ok he had 1000 yards, BARELY... But I sure seemed to see him drop a few balls at key times that might've turned some games around for us(especially when Goff was playing)...Seemed like Britt was shocked every time he was hit in the chest so he dropped it...

I don't trust Britt's improved production in a contract year. I would be fine with letting him move on...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust Britt's improved production in a contract year. I would be fine with letting him move on...

I agree 100%, if I could agree more than 100%, I would lol

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I have to agree with you. Of all the drafts to trade up, this wasn't the one I would've pulled the trigger... However, I don't think a guy like McVay comes here unless he thinks Goff is someone he can mold/coach into a QB who can win lots of games for him...

I like McVay and I like the experience he's brought in around him. As far as coaching offense, I think he will be an improvement for sure. Coaching the entire team? Offseason player evaluation? That remains to be seen.

This offense could change quick if we signed 2 good FA Olineman and Alshon. Be alot different looking

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like McVay and I like the experience he's brought in around him. As far as coaching offense, I think he will be an improvement for sure. Coaching the entire team? Offseason player evaluation? That remains to be seen.

This offense could change quick if we signed 2 good FA Olineman and Alshon. Be alot different looking

This needs to happen! They have the Cap space so I don't know why they wouldn't.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This needs to happen! They have the Cap space so I don't know why they wouldn't.

You could sign Alshon and Chance Warmack or Larry Warford. Or sign all? Or sign 1 WR and 1 Olineman, then draft an Olineman.

You could let Tru walk and draft a CB in the 2nd round - CB is deep this year.

You could draft JuJu in the 2nd or Taywan Taylor and sign 2 Olineman and extend Tru?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could sign Alshon and Chance Warmack or Larry Warford. Or sign all? Or sign 1 WR and 1 Olineman, then draft an Olineman.

You could draft JuJu in the 2nd or Taywan Taylor and sign 2 Olineman and extend Tru?

I think FA on the offense is the way to go. We need some experience and leadership. So a Stud WR like Alshon and a couple of OL men is a must. You could let Tru walk if he wants to much. Their are some good FA CB like Bouye or Gillmore. Or like you said draft one. This team has been the youngest team in the NFL for years that's always been Fishers excuse of course he made it like that for a built in excuse. So I think some FA Vets to mix with the youth is the way to go.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After seeing that list you posted on another thread SJ, I was thinking the very same thing. There sits Warford, Warmack, and Jeffries all available if we just get out of our fear place and pick the right FAs and not throw money at also-rans that we have done sooo many times in the past.

All three are still productive and even though Donald through Warmack out of Missouri his rook season, both Warford and Warmack would improve our O-line immensely. Then go after some of the better Cs and LTs in this draft and there are a host of them that can be taken in the later rounds of the draft.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade Phillips could help simplify the offense. His father, Bum Phillips had an offensive play called the Bumarooski. Archie Manning when he was finishing up his career with old Houston Oilers ran it to perfection!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe SJ. McVay is going to have to get the little turd to get over his fear of being hit!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe SJ. McVay is going to have to get the little turd to get over his fear of being hit!

When you are that fast, you shouldn't get hit alot. I think we have an OC now that will utilize him IF our Oline can buy some time.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA defensive players will be clamoring to play for Wade, so Tru can walk if he wants the wrong price.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could pick up FA's
  • WR Alshon Jeffery
  • LT Terron Armstead or Cordy Glenn
  • C John Sullivan, still attempt to draft C in the early rounds.
That would make a pretty good starting offense that McVay's system could turn around..

QB: #1 Goff - #2 Mannion
RB: Gurley/Cunningham/Tavon
WR: #1 Jeffery/Britt/Tavon - #2 Quick/Nelson/Cooper
LT: Armstead or Glenn
RT: Havenstein
G: Saffold/Robinson
C: Sullivan
TE: Kendricks/Higbee

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could pick up FA's
  • WR Alshon Jeffery
  • LT Terron Armstead or Cordy Glenn
  • C John Sullivan, still attempt to draft C in the early rounds.
That would make a pretty good starting offense that McVay's system could turn around..

QB: #1 Goff - #2 Mannion
RB: Gurley/Cunningham/Tavon
WR: #1 Jeffery/Britt/Tavon - #2 Quick/Nelson/Cooper
LT: Armstead or Glenn
RT: Havenstein
G: Saffold/Robinson
C: Sullivan
TE: Kendricks/Higbee

I rather start Higbee over Kendricks, the kid has good upside. I wouldn't be mad to see Britt leave either, I hate contract WRs that make clutch drops.