• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Gunn (Director of GotG 1 and 2) Fired from Guardians of the Galaxy 3 ... Update: Now Rehired

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight to Netlfix.

Pics immediately reminded me of Iron Fist. How popular is this character.... really? I have never heard of him (but I am also not a comic book guy), never seen him before that I remember and I collected Marvel cards... probably thousands of them when I was a kid. And most importantly, how does he actually tie in to current characters?

It will be a feature film, not Netflix. And the Netflix series are all ending, anyway.

The character is older than Iron Fist.

Marvel Studios' whole deal from the beginning has been turning lesser-known characters into huge stars. Iron Man, Captain America, and Black Panther were B-tier to the general public compared to the likes of Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man until the Marvel Cinematic Universe elevated them to stars.

How well-known or popular were the Guardians of the Galaxy before the film? Ant-Man? They were virtual unknowns to general audiences.

Comics fans like me knew them, but not the general public. Same goes for Shang-Chi. General audiences may not know him now, but they will once the movie comes out.

Last edited:

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a feature film, not Netflix. And the Netflix series are all ending, anyway.

The character is older than Iron Fist.

Marvel Studios' whole deal from the beginning has been turning lesser-known characters into huge stars. Iron Man, Captain America, and Black Panther were B-tier to the general public compared to the likes of Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man until the Marvel Cinematic Universe elevated them to stars.

How well-known or popular were the Guardians of the Galaxy before the film? Ant-Man? Captain Marvel?

Comics fans like me knew them, but not the general public. Same goes for Shang-Chi. General audiences may not know him now, but they will once the movie comes out.

Well I had heard of Captain Marvel (well the guy version) as well as Ant Man and Black Panther through the collection of Marvel cards. Admittedly never heard of or at least don't remember GotG and I was pleasantly surprised with the film. At the time of release, I thought it was the best Marvel movie to date. I didn't care of Vol2 as much though. Still had solid jokes, but the story was meh and the villain (Ego) sucked ass in my opinion.

That is not a fair statement, of course no one compares to the likes of the MOST popular superheroes ever. Everyone is essentially a B lister in comparison to the likes of Batman, Superman, and Spiderman, even Hulk, Thor, and the X-men. But I would still call Ironman and Captain America huge stars in the comic world, everyone I knew growing up knew who they were (that might be it, but they knew who they were lol). Again, I wasn't the comic guy, I was a card guy. But it is pretty apparent in how the make and design the cards in who gets some REAL attention. Spiderman, Ironman, X-men (especially Wolverine), Captain America, and all of their associated villains (i.e. Venom, Magneto/Sabertooth, Red Skull, etc) all received the same treatment.

I won't pass judgment, it will likely fall in line with the HUGE Marvel budget and be at the very minimum, entertaining.

Personally (speaking on both Marvel and DC), I would like X-men to be done better, I would like good versions of Fantastic 4 and Green Lantern. As for new stuff, I would like to see Captain Atom be made. He was cool if I remember right. I think a stand alone Silver Surfer story with Galactus would be cool then maybe lead into Fantastic Four or something. I also think it would be interesting to do stand alone movies of the original X-men much the same way the Avengers was done having it lead to them forming the X-men. But whatever lol.

I just want to see the ones that I actually KNOW be done justice before seeing unknowns getting screen time lol. Particularly X-men.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be very interesting to see how Disney handles the X-Men. Will they just reboot the universe and keep it as a separate franchise, or will they weave it into the MCU? The Mutants go back to ancient times, so it will be difficult to all of the sudden weave all that history into the established lore of the MCU without doing time travel resets (which I HATE). Maybe some kind of multi-verse merge? I am not a huge fan of that idea, but I would subscribe to that before time travel.