• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels (2023)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best selling video game this year, funny enough, is Hogwarts Legacy. You'd never know it if you just followed gaming influencers because many outlets wouldn't cover the game much because of JK Rowlings views on Transgender people. The mainstream critics did give it a review for reviews sake but it was nomination for 0 game awards this year. Conversely, Spider-man 2 was nominated for just about everything and in terms of game design is in the same ballpark but Spider-man 2 is filled with left wing virtue signaling. There is nothing wrong with that but Hogwarts Legacy isnt even remotely right wing nor is there really even a right wing gaming space.

The gaming space is actually more political (and further left) than the superhero movie space.
I think the only top selling video game to avoid any sort of public discourse in either direction is Tears of the Kingdom.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I was saying? News to me.
so who do you consider "one detestable group you can blame for all of your issues"?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only top selling video game to avoid any sort of public discourse in either direction is Tears of the Kingdom.
Can Japan even be woke?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Boring
Reactions: ill

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who do you consider "one detestable group you can blame for all of your issues"?
I was saying Marvel is using assholes as a shield to avoid valid criticism, not that those dickheads are right. I have reread my comment a few times trying to get anywhere near the conclusion you pulled from it and can't see it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying Marvel is using assholes as a shield to avoid valid criticism, not that those dickheads are right. I have reread my comment a few times trying to get anywhere near the conclusion you pulled from it and can't see it.
sorry, I was trying to think through Q's eyes where he thinks Marvel using women as their superheroes means that men are always going to be the bad guys.

let's move on. I was wrong.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marvel / a lot of the industry in general have been using minorities / females as a shield and weapon against even valid criticism, pretending that every person that has a critical opinion is being offensive against those minorities / female cast. They got away with this while the movies were being succesful, like both Black Panther movies (first one was much better but still flawed, the second one was really mediocre, saved by some poignant performances based on a real-life tragedy) and the first Cap Marvel. Basically, a few useful idiots say something actually racist / sexist, and then any criticism is categorized that way.

But businesses are in the business of doing business, so now that these projects are failing, we will see some changes, like Warner Bros has been forced to do lately. I hope they understand that the solution is offering a quality product.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at that release date -- it's gonna be a thousand years before this movie comes to Disney+:

:lol:

higz89ynm1ec1.png

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched it tonight.

Not as bad as I feared, not as good as I hoped. The post-credit scene was kinda cool, though.

One question…

They had a ship full of trained military types who all had valuable skills in an evacuation scenario, but they “stored” all of them while keeping the “family in town to visit” active to execute the retreat.

Shit like that makes the story eye-roll-able.