• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its time for Chicago to pull the plug

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you compared the two. Every QB has a different situation. Ridder has the pieces to become a game manager but that’s all he will ever be. Fields was drafted to carry an offense which he is not done. Fields has a better chance of staying in the league than Ridder. Ridder is in the better situation by far and it isn’t close
I didn't compare the 2

I was asked to compare the 2

And i did

Ridder is better at literally everything passing/QB related right now

He just is

Sure you can credit the situation. But you can do that with any QB

You could do that with Zach Wilson the last 2 years too. That's all im saying

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you compared the two. Every QB has a different situation. Ridder has the pieces to become a game manager but that’s all he will ever be. Fields was drafted to carry an offense which he is not done. Fields has a better chance of staying in the league than Ridder. Ridder is in the better situation by far and it isn’t close
Some other idiot brought up Ridder.

Not really relevant, but they will say anything to attempt to distract from Fields awful behavior at the QB position. It's been that way since the day he was overdrafted.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely possible. Maybe even probable

But nothing that's happened so far would tell me it's a certainty

I know Fields isn't though
The Falcons are lucky to be 2-0....they are not a good team and Ridder most definitely is not the reason for it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons are lucky to be 2-0....they are not a good team and Ridder most definitely is not the reason for it.
Not sure how they're lucky

They have the best run game on the NFL and a much improved D

We shall see going forward if the D continues to play this well but the run game isn't going anywhere

Ultimately Ridder so far has been slightly above average which honestly is all he needs to be if the D keeps playing close to this level

ATL pretty much statistically dominated the game yesterday but credit to GB they took advantage of a couple big penalties to take a lead. But i would not call it "lucky" ATL came back to win. They pretty much just ran it down GBs throat and they couldn't stop it

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupidity of drafting a TE over a defensive player can't be overstated, but they are well coached and can beat the bad teams like the Panthers and Packers.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love for it to seemingly not work out and then the Eagles offer like a 4th or 5th after the Bears draft the next guy. Would love to see him get developed as a back up to Hurts. With QBs that have these games you need a competent back up that can run an offense uniquely catered to a QB that can put pressure on the defense with his legs and arms. You know that QB is going to miss 2-3 games even in a good year. You know they’ll get nicked up and you want to err on the side of caution.

Sorry to everybody who gets pissed off when I try and make it about the Birds. You’re not wrong. It just took me a few posts to work up to it.
If they were trading him in March 2024 I probably wouldn't want to give up a 4th or 5th for a scheme-limited, back-up QB on a 1 year contract at $3.23M. There would be limited opportunities to see what he could do and little time in which he could improve. If he did improve over 7-8 months then the team trading for him wouldn't really get the benefit of it. I could see the benefit of getting him cheap now and developing him in 2023 for use in 2024, but there's little reason for the Bears to sell low.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#74 pick Ridder is a starting QB in Week 2 of his 2nd season. #94 pick Corral has been cut by 2 teams as of Week 2 of his 2nd season. No reason to crap on Ridder. If he's a back-up from now until his rookie contract expires the Falcons will have gotten their money's worth.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupidity of drafting a TE over a defensive player can't be overstated, but they are well coached and can beat the bad teams like the Panthers and Packers.
Funny, I assume most Eagles fans would be cool with Goedert in the second when they have Ertz at his peak. Seems to have been the correct call to me.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I assume most Eagles fans would be cool with Goedert in the second when they have Ertz at his peak. Seems to have been the correct call to me.
Goedert was the 49th pick, not the 4th

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cowboys fan, I openly admit to seeing some weird ass shit when it comes to my team.

But today’s news with the Bears ranks right up there with the weirdest.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't compare the 2

I was asked to compare the 2

And i did

Ridder is better at literally everything passing/QB related right now

He just is

Sure you can credit the situation. But you can do that with any QB

You could do that with Zach Wilson the last 2 years too. That's all im saying
this is why Im glad Atlanta sucks.

you were eagle fan like the year Atl. went to the SB. So much so, I was glad they chocked the SB

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why Im glad Atlanta sucks.

you were eagle fan like the year Atl. went to the SB. So much so, I was glad they chocked the SB
I wasnt even talking about ATL

I was talking about Fields

I was asked to comp the 2 QBs and i did. Using actual facts and numbers

I don't think Ridder it's our long term answer. But he's currently, right now, better than Fields on pretty much any metric you can use other than rushing

That's not bragging on him. It's pointing out how fucking awful Fields is. Because he's fucking terrible and has been since day 1

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago isn't creating an offense around Fields....like Baltimore has with Jackson. They are expecting Fields to fit into the offense.

Not saying they are comparable players because they are not. But, you put your players in position to succeed....Chicago has not.

Fields is not a traditional pocket passer....the Bears should already know this.
I don't see how a team can design an offense around a project player when it's not clear what the issue(s) is/are. It could be a memory issue, slow processing, can only see part of the field, a physical or mental issue that causes inconsistency in physically throwing the ball, confidence, the pressure of being a high pick, pattern recognition, visual depth perception, down & distance objectives/football IQ. Without a clear idea of what the problem is it's difficult to mitigate around it, other than to run the football.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt even talking about ATL

I was talking about Fields

I was asked to comp the 2 QBs and i did. Using actual facts and numbers

I don't think Ridder it's our long term answer. But he's currently, right now, better than Fields on pretty much any metric you can use other than rushing

That's not bragging on him. It's pointing out how fucking awful Fields is. Because he's fucking terrible and has been since day 1
Hard to brag about a guy that is asked to just do very little. He is very definition of being a game manager and even that might be a kind title. Fields was drafted to do a hell of a lot more than that and flashed way more talent than Ridder. No comparison, that’s why you can’t compare the two. Fields has a lot of issues but he is currently in a tough situation and has been for some time. Ridder is in a perfect situation with a ton of weapons and still can’t get Pitts the ball. They draft a WR top 10 and TE top 5 but rarely use them. If they want to maximize their assets they will eventually move away from Ridder, it’s only a matter of time. He wasn’t drafted high-so no loss. Another reason you or anyone can’t compare the two.
The best thing for Fields is to start over on a new team and with a new coach. He might not have it in him but some team would give it a try with all that talent.
It’s Baker’s 6th year in the league and right now he might have found his fit. Every situation is different and every QB develops at a differen rate. Start fresh and if that doesn’t work he won’t last in this league. Simple as that.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to brag about a guy that is asked to just do very little. He is very definition of being a game manager and even that might be a kind title. Fields was drafted to do a hell of a lot more than that and flashed way more talent than Ridder. No comparison, that’s why you can’t compare the two. Fields has a lot of issues but he is currently in a tough situation and has been for some time. Ridder is in a perfect situation with a ton of weapons and still can’t get Pitts the ball. They draft a WR top 10 and TE top 5 but rarely use them. If they want to maximize their assets they will eventually move away from Ridder, it’s only a matter of time. He wasn’t drafted high-so no loss. Another reason you or anyone can’t compare the two.
The best thing for Fields is to start over on a new team and with a new coach. He might not have it in him but some team would give it a try with all that talent.
It’s Baker’s 6th year in the league and right now he might have found his fit. Every situation is different and every QB develops at a differen rate. Start fresh and if that doesn’t work he won’t last in this league. Simple as that.
Throwing all his coaches under the bus because he can't diagnose a play is going to make it less likely he gets another shot. Several highlights of him missing wideopen wr and then trying to scramble. That can't all be coaching

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has potential to be a top team in the NFC but they are missing one big piece…a QB. They can win games with running game and defense but until they find a QB they won’t take the next step. I have a friend who has season tickets and he always bitches about Ridder. He isn’t a NFL starting Qb but he can throw it 23 times for 175 yards and ATL can beat up a lot of teams.

Reactions: DJ

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arthur Smith knows how to put a run game together,this has allowed him to hide Ridder like no other team can hide their QB. He's has sound reasons for hiding Ridder also (despite some talent at WR and TE), the guy isn't a NFL quality QB, judging from seeing him play in college. Fields on the other hand has the burden of having the offense go through him, he's showing his flaws in reading defenses and working through progressions, but these flaws can be worked on if you you have the right coaching staff.
If the Bears get a early pick they likely draft a QB (looks like they will right now), but if not they will continue to try to develop Fields because what else would be a better route to take. If the Bears had Mike McDaniel as coach Fields would look much much better IMO.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have two first round draft picks next year, both possible in the top 10.

But somehow, they will mess it up. Again.

Probably use those picks on a DB and LB.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has potential to be a top team in the NFC but they are missing one big piece…a QB. They can win games with running game and defense but until they find a QB they won’t take the next step. I have a friend who has season tickets and he always bitches about Ridder. He isn’t a NFL starting Qb but he can throw it 23 times for 175 yards and ATL can beat up a lot of teams.
Context is important, but without it 23 passes for 175 yards with an average of 7.61 yards per pass sounds perfectly acceptable. Sunday was his 6th game. When did your friend start bitching?