• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its time for Chicago to pull the plug

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we will see. I think Zona is the clear worst team in the NFL and Houston isn't far behind. Chicago can definitely get a top 3-5 pick though. Yeah if he continues to not improve then Maye is definitely an upgrade
I don't know about that - Zona has at least been competitive in both games...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, don't worry about Fields. He said he can't believe how slow the game is at this level. He doesn't even need to study because his instincts are so fast. He said so. :pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that - Zona has at least been competitive in both games...
I mean their roster right now says worst team but they have been competiting.

Looking at their schedule and their division is going to be a dogfight this year.

DAL
SF
CIN
LAR
SEA
BAL
CLE
ATL
HOU
LAR
PIT
SF
CHI
PHI
SEA

It's hard to go defeated in this league. Maybe they get a win vs LAR but the Rams look pretty good so far this year. Chicago and Houston can definitely be wins but that is a brutal schedule.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF suggesting that Fields has been good in both 1st quarters and then totally falls apart after that.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, don't worry about Fields. He said he can't believe how slow the game is at this level. He doesn't even need to study because his instincts are so fast. He said so. :pound:

That comment was just tongue-in-cheek as a compliment to our defense.

Goddamn though...Here we go with the dumbass "Bears QB HUR DUR DURRR" bullsh*t again. Never-f*cking-ending.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he's better than Field on

Comp %
QB rating
QBR.
YPG
TD to Int
Int %

And he's won 1 less game in 6 atarts than Fields has in 27

So..... ya know

Two worst passing offenses in the league (Jets may be in that mix too with Rodgers out). Picking the better QB is moot IMO. Fields is more athletic, Ridder has more talent around him.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two worst passing offenses in the league (Jets may be in that mix too with Rodgers out). Picking the better QB is moot IMO. Fields is more athletic, Ridder has more talent around him.
Counter point

ATL has poor cumulative passing numbers by choice. They chose to focus on the run

Chicago has poor passing numbers because their QB cant play QB

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,706.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago isn't creating an offense around Fields....like Baltimore has with Jackson. They are expecting Fields to fit into the offense.

Not saying they are comparable players because they are not. But, you put your players in position to succeed....Chicago has not.

Fields is not a traditional pocket passer....the Bears should already know this.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counter point

ATL has poor cumulative passing numbers by choice. They chose to focus on the run

Chicago has poor passing numbers because their QB cant play QB
Ridder can't play QB either. Atlanta has done one smart thing and focused their offense around the running game but they also drafted Pitts in top 5 and London in top 10 and they are rarely used.
So maybe they are waiting for a better QB? Ridder can win games by handing it off but he isn't a starting QB in this league.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,706.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah all those teams you listed are capable of being competitive.

Tennessee finds ways to compete.
LAR aren't as bad as people originally thought and they get Kupp back Week 5.
Denver has too much invested in Wilson and no way out. Plus they gave up 3 picks for Payton.

We could see Chicago (if Fields has a bad year) and Zona (Kyler on PUP and the relationship broken) competing to draft Caleb and the other one will get a nice consolation prize with Maye possibly. Both teams could end up having two top picks.
Denver gave up a 1st and 2nd to get Payton and a 3rd rounder from NO.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,706.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean their roster right now says worst team but they have been competiting.

Looking at their schedule and their division is going to be a dogfight this year.

DAL
SF
CIN
LAR
SEA
BAL
CLE
ATL
HOU
LAR
PIT
SF
CHI
PHI
SEA

It's hard to go defeated in this league. Maybe they get a win vs LAR but the Rams look pretty good so far this year. Chicago and Houston can definitely be wins but that is a brutal schedule.
They are looking at 1-16 or 2-15.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say for sure but my guess is neither Fields or Ridder pan out long term. I'm honestly not surprised that the Bears are fucking things up. Their QB drafting and developing history makes the Jets look almost competent in that regard. Atlanta seems to be taking a page out of Kyle Shanahan's book. Ridder looks like JimmyG light so far.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the return and who do you have to replace Fields? But the point is the people who drafted him knew he would be a project so you can’t just give up on him in 2 years...
I totally agree on the 1st part. However, if your analysis concludes that a project can't develop sufficiently in a given timeline then that's a perfectly reasonably point to move on, regardless of how early or late that point comes. Teams that have moved on from high picks early, (all positions), haven't generally been proven wrong by other teams.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridder can't play QB either. Atlanta has done one smart thing and focused their offense around the running game but they also drafted Pitts in top 5 and London in top 10 and they are rarely used.
So maybe they are waiting for a better QB? Ridder can win games by handing it off but he isn't a starting QB in this league.
Completely possible. Maybe even probable

But nothing that's happened so far would tell me it's a certainty

I know Fields isn't though

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That comment was just tongue-in-cheek as a compliment to our defense.

Goddamn though...Here we go with the dumbass "Bears QB HUR DUR DURRR" bullsh*t again. Never-f*cking-ending.
When he threw his tongue at his cheek did he hit it?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely possible. Maybe even probable

But nothing that's happened so far would tell me it's a certainty

I know Fields isn't though
you compared the two. Every QB has a different situation. Ridder has the pieces to become a game manager but that’s all he will ever be. Fields was drafted to carry an offense which he is not done. Fields has a better chance of staying in the league than Ridder. Ridder is in the better situation by far and it isn’t close

Reactions: DJ