• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Maryland Week

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WV MetroNews ? Embarrassing memories linger from Terps? domination

Shell’s position coach, JaJuan Seider, recalled the team was lethargic, mistake-prone and emotionally overmatched. West Virginia eked out only 175 yards and swallowed its first shutout since 2001, snapping a saven-year win streak against the Terps.
“It was bad. Point blank, an embarrassment,” said Seider, reciting the word of the day. “They were more motivated than our guys were. I don’t know if it’s because we won the last seven games and just went in there thinking it was an easy win, but reality set in and those guys were pretty good over there.”
“Do we know in the back of our minds that we got our ass whipped last year? Yes.” — West Virginia offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson
While West Virginia has faced Maryland all but two seasons since 1980, Saturday’s game will halt the series until a home-and-home resumption in 2020-21. No meetings are scheduled beyond that.
“It’s the only rival we’ve got left,” said Seider, who was a part of two wins over Maryland as a player in 1997 and ’98. “The Big 12′s trying to make it Iowa State, but that’s not a rivalry for us. Maryland’s the last rivalry we’ve got left, and we’re not going to play them for a while, so we’ve got to go out there and win.”

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many BCS games did Maryland win during their glory years?

Get out of here with your past #20 rankings. How pathetic are you?

Under the bullshit BCS era, MD has no BCS wins, just 1 appearance and a loss to FSU, which I mentioned. Unlike WVU, however, MD has a national championship and had many top #5 teams in their history, so define 'glory years'. Tell me, outside of dominating a weak and overrated Big East, and winning 3 BCS bowls -- which is a great accomplishment -- what has WVU done at the national championship level other than 1 title game appearance and loss? In response to your last question, right back at ya. National titles trump any bowl appearance/wins.

As far as final Top 25 Coach's Poll rankings ... the only thing 'pathetic' about mentioning that is any fool that fails to recognize that is a sign of a decent team -- which is my point.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under the bullshit BCS era, MD has no BCS wins, just 1 appearance and a loss to FSU, which I mentioned. Unlike WVU, however, MD has a national championship and had many top #5 teams in their history, so define 'glory years'. Tell me, outside of dominating a weak and overrated Big East, and winning 3 BCS bowls -- which is a great accomplishment -- what has WVU done at the national championship level other than 1 title game appearance and loss? In response to your last question, right back at ya. National titles trump any bowl appearance/wins.

As far as final Top 25 Coach's Poll rankings ... the only thing 'pathetic' about mentioning that is any fool that fails to recognize that is a sign of a decent team -- which is my point.

Were you alive when Maryland won a NC?

TheTortuga

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just did a little research about that 1953 Maryland National Championship team. Sounded like the team had quite the defense posting 6 shutouts....congrats. My only surprise was that Maryland actually lost their bowl game to #4 Oklahoma 7-0. To be fair, should we state the Maryland team was the regular season NC team? Another interesting find was the team was never ranked higher than #2.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually your beat down in the Orange bowl was to Florida(spurriers last game there) I was at the game...if your holding on to that as your piece of recent relevance knock yourself out but I thought you you at least know who the terps played.... If your going to call the BE weak you must have a harsher term for the ease at which Florida State dominated you and the rest of the ACC since joining...14 titles in 24 years...terps 9 ACC titles in 61 years..4 in the last 34.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as no one has EVER WON a national championship, I do not see THAT as anything to brag about.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously…. the twerp fan posted that Maryland played FSU in the Orange Bowl… two different times.

Maybe we ain't the only inbreds around here…

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you alive when Maryland won a NC?

Irrelevant. That's like me asking someone who loves fast food were they alive when Burger King came out with the Whopper. Typical.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did a little research about that 1953 Maryland National Championship team. Sounded like the team had quite the defense posting 6 shutouts....congrats. My only surprise was that Maryland actually lost their bowl game to #4 Oklahoma 7-0. To be fair, should we state the Maryland team was the regular season NC team? Another interesting find was the team was never ranked higher than #2.

Looks like you need to do better 'research' because MD finished the regular season undefeated, 10-0, and was ranked #1 in both polls. Back then, the final rankings came at the end of the regular season. OU was 8-1. MD got the nod because of the better record ... the bowl loss was considered after the fact. Ironically, the undefeated '51 MD team beat Tenn in the Sugar Bowl, but wasn't crowned the national champ because UT was ranked #1 in the final regular season AP poll and MD #3. So, it appears '53 was poetic justice for the '51 team. I see what you're saying, though. It appears things were just as screwed up, back then, pre-BCS.

Even though you're wrong, let's say MD 'was never ranked higher than #2' ... that's still better than any WV team, considering they never were ranked higher than #5 in their best season. :whistle:

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually your beat down in the Orange bowl was to Florida(spurriers last game there) I was at the game...if your holding on to that as your piece of recent relevance knock yourself out but I thought you you at least know who the terps played.... If your going to call the BE weak you must have a harsher term for the ease at which Florida State dominated you and the rest of the ACC since joining...14 titles in 24 years...terps 9 ACC titles in 61 years..4 in the last 34.

You got me on that one. For some reason, I had FSU on my mind. I was watching the Ravens game while posting. I wasn't at that bowl game, but I did see it on TV. Sue me. My point is, MD had some good teams under Friedgen -- which wasn't too long ago.

As for your other drivel, FSU beating MD as a member of the ACC has nothing to do with my comment about the 'BE' being 'weak'. BC, VT and Miami were a big part of what made the Big East tough -- WV and the rest of the Big East benefited from them leaving.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as no one has EVER WON a national championship, I do not see THAT as anything to brag about.

Of course you don't ... since the Hillbillies never got one. I'm sure if they did, you'd swallow your chaw saying "WV WON a national championship!":laugh:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Maryland did real well in the 1950s really supports your recent relevance argument....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the fridge was awesome brought you home that one ACC title 13 years ago...that team will go down as one of the greats for sure.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously…. the twerp fan posted that Maryland played FSU in the Orange Bowl… two different times.

Maybe we ain't the only inbreds around here

This MD fan made an admitted error while doing something else, yes. Easy mistake when distracted. My Bad. That proves I'm human; however, there is no 'Maybe' about your ilk being 'the only inbreds around here', lol! See ... you all wear that as a badge of honor, while the rest of society takes that as an insult. :nod:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This MD fan made an admitted error while doing something else, yes. Easy mistake when distracted. My Bad. That proves I'm human; however, there is no 'Maybe' about your ilk being 'the only inbreds around here', lol! See ... you all wear that as a badge of honor, while the rest of society takes that as an insult. :nod:

Hell yeah... us inbreds are proud people!

If you ain't inbred... then you may be right... you're just human. Stupid... but, human. :lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irrelevant. That's like me asking someone who loves fast food were they alive when Burger King came out with the Whopper. Typical.

Dude... you're all over the place. First you try to talk smack to DC by pointing out the glorious 10 year span Maryland enjoyed under the Fridge.

Then when I let it be known I'm not impressed by the #20 rankings and lack of BCS wins over that period... you throw the NC's the twerps have won out there.

I wasn't alive when the Twerps won all of those NC's. How can one be proud of something that happened before they were created?

WVU has owned Maryland recently. The ACC was weaker than the BE most years. WVU whipped the ACC champion in the '12 Orange Bowl.

Hang on to last year's shutout over my Mounties... hope it helps you feel like you got one over us... for now...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DCW...maybe we connect at the game?...got the wife and kid in tow...and the Wife is a TERP!...Tailgate?..or I am in section 308 row R...seat 17!:suds:

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah... us inbreds are proud people!

If you ain't inbred... then you may be right... you're just human. Stupid... but, human. :lol:

I'd have to be 'Stupid' to waste time attempting to communicate with inbred hillbillies. I forgot, that "Deliverance" banjo music drowns out all sound and reasoning ability, no matter how conveyed -- not that it takes much to strain that 1/2 brain cell. :D

Now, what good would this game be without a little shit talking?