• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: FORECAST THURSDAY?? Yep, it's Primetime!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Thursday night another game with two teams presenting many similarities to their meeting last year face off again in primetime. Washington is coming off a loss, in fact, two straight while the struggling Bears are just looking for any sign of NFL-level competency. If we are to judge by their October 13, 2022, 12-7 sleeper, perhaps neither will get the clearer vision that each hope comes with a win in front of a national TV audience. Using the eye test, Washington appears to be the much better team, but statistically, there's really not a whole lot of difference between them.

1696311137798.png

A closer look inside of those stats crystalizes that point and should be a major concern for anyone betting on this game, despite the fact that the home-standing Commanders are early 7-point favorites.

1696311329747.png

Washington hopes to get after Chicago Bears quarterback Justin Fields in what is largely considered a make-or-break season for Ron Rivera and a team under new ownership. Prior to the season, Washington had the lowest win projection in the NFC East, and a redemption win in primetime could go a long way in setting a new tone at the 1/3 mark of the season. The Bears were buoyed by what appeared to be the emergence of Justin Fields through 3 quarters against the Broncos, however, despite early success, costly 4th quarter mistakes ruined an almost stellar performance from him in that game.

1696312210031.png

Despite their 2-2 current standing, before the season, I saw this team winning just a handful of games and finishing with a top 5 pick. I'm sticking with that prediction. In fact, outside of a 37-3 loss to the Buffalo Bills, my prediction that they will mimic the Vikings of last year with tight one-score games has been accurate, the team hasn't failed me thus far and won't be against the Bears either. In my unpublished predictions, I had Denver winning that game, and as such Washington won a game that it shouldn't have. Now they face a Bears team that they have every right to post a win against, with some people seeing or hoping for a blowout, but not me. This one feels like, smells like an upset, and perhaps W/L balance for a team on their way to that top 5 pick. Then again, it could just be another case of a team that will lose a game that they are supposed to win. I'll take the Bears in another close one.

Here are the questions...

1. Who wins this game?

2. Final score?

3. Player(s) of the game?

4. Memorial moment, event, or play, that will have everyone talking on Sunday night and Monday mornings?

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always enjoy the write ups Sty, thank you.

Hope to see our D do a better job handling a mobile QB and limiting explosive plays.

1. Washington
2. 24 - 17
3. Terry and B Rob
4. Justin Fields for good or bad

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-10 win for us but it will bring up more questions then answers . It will be a sloppy game for us

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Who wins this game? Redskins

2. Final score?
31-14

Dline

4. Memorial moment, event, or play, that will have everyone talking on Sunday night and Monday mornings? Forbes pick 6

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Who wins this game? Redskins

2. Final score?
24-16

Howell to McLaurin

4. Memorial moment, event, or play, that will have everyone talking on Sunday night and Monday mornings? Forbes pick 6