• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Maryland Week

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad talks WVU football, BB obsesses over dad......... you live a sad life my friend. If you supported Stewart you would demand the same from Holgorsen that you asked of Stewart.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, I don't see ANYONE saying DH is a great coach. Frankly, we don't know how he is as a coach. Time will tell. The problem is that this is the first year you can really judge his coaching abilities. Everyone I have seen has simply said, give the man a chance. That's all I'm saying.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad talks WVU football, BB obsesses over dad......... you live a sad life my friend. If you supported Stewart you would demand the same from Holgorsen that you asked of Stewart.

If responding to one of your posts directed at me is a sign of obsession...then I guess you are spot on!

I support the head coach of my favorite college football team. I would be a hypocrite if I chose to be overly critical of our HC. I wanted Billy to succeed because his success meant my favorite team was having success. I want Dana to be successful for the same reasons.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg:

Did DAD give me a -1? :lame:

Not sure how I will sleep tonite... :lol:

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as today, WVU had MUCH better talent on the field than UMD did,

I don't think I would go that far, Their QB is a 6 year senior, Diggs is as good as anyone in the country, Long is no slouch. They have talent on the D also. MD had I think 6 Turn Overs last week at South Florida and still came out of there with a win. I don't care who you are playing if you have 6 turnovers, especially on the road and come out of there with a win there has to be talent on that roster.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Florida isn't as good as they used to be. They're pretty horrid now.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I would go that far, Their QB is a 6 year senior, Diggs is as good as anyone in the country, Long is no slouch. They have talent on the D also. MD had I think 6 Turn Overs last week at South Florida and still came out of there with a win. I don't care who you are playing if you have 6 turnovers, especially on the road and come out of there with a win there has to be talent on that roster.

Did you see what USF did today?.......Don't put too much stock in this win, UMD will be about .500 this year, at best.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see what USF did today?.......Don't put too much stock in this win, UMD will be about .500 this year, at best.

We would never expect you to put to much stock in our wins only in our losses....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would never expect you to put to much stock in our wins only in our losses....

Were you pleased with the issues mentioned today? Do you feel they may cause our team problems against the better teams if not corrected? The stunt of going for it on fourth down inside the 15 rather than kicking the FG could very well have cost WVU the win today, letting UMD score twice while the WVU sideline was total disarray rather than using the third time out could have as well. As I said, Iwill take the win, but there is MUCH to work on.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always more to work on..on every team every year coached by anyone....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always more to work on..on every team every year coached by anyone....

Indeed their is, DC, but it seems as if the work here is never started, how long have we watched the kick coverage teams have issues? How many times do we see our kids fielding punts and kicks inside the five? How many times do we see the time out NOT called that would have helped the team to get their heads together? How many times do we see a big lead disappear because the team goes into a trance? The issues are the same in every game, and they never seem to be resolved, or even addressed.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I understand the criticism of Dana's clock management. Dana worked the clock down to 4 sec's. Only 1 play was left... the game wining FG.

How is that poor clock management?

Like Dana said in his post-game presser, he practices last possession plays with no TO's left. He and his team are used to working this way.

Don't you play like you practice?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I understand the criticism of Dana's clock management. Dana worked the clock down to 4 sec's. Only 1 play was left... the game wining FG.

Like Dana said in his post-game presser, he practices last possession plays with no TO's left. He and his team are used to working this way.

Stick your head in the sand about the end of the first half, BB. It will never cause issues in another game down the road.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MARYLAND called the time out with four seconds left after we got four yards on 3rd and five to the UMD 30, otherwise the clock would have run out...............

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was listening and heard the same thing, I didn't see a problem with clock management, but I did see the team start to crumble then pull it back together and pull out the win.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MARYLAND called the time out with four seconds left after we got four yards on 3rd and five to the UMD 30, otherwise the clock would have run out...............

The clock was stopped, MD called the time out to ice the kicker

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I didn't, and I know they are not that good. But 6 turnovers is hard to overcome no matter who you are playing.

I see problems with the Defense, and special teams. I also see problems with the offense inside the 20. These things will cost us some games in the future. efore needs to go, that I will agree. Holgersen may need to go, that judgement will be at the end of the season. I will hold judgement till I see if they fix some of these problems.

Gibson may not be the answer at defense, still to early to tell.

I don't know if Bradley is the answer, he done nothing when he was intern taking over when Paterno was kicked out. I have talked with a few PS fans, some like him, but I have heard a few say he was nothing, that he was just a front man that took orders from Paterno and that Paterno ran the defense. I can't really say as I haven't watched them play when he was there.

Keep in mind this was a 4-8 team last year, they are not supposed to win a championship this year They should improve though.

Both teams were mostly the same teams as last year, I sure did like the results better this year. I seen improvement in this years team over last years team against mostly the same team. I will wait to see the results later in the season, to make a judgement.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boy...someone is obsessed with me. I feel sorry for you DAD. You argue just to argue.

Looks like someone didn't watch the game. No way a true Mountaineer fan could not know how the clock was stopped with 4 sec's.

What a weird thing to say...UofM does WVU a favor by stopping the clock so WVU can get their FG team on the field?

That could be one of the dumbest posts I have ever read

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this day, I may agree with DAD a little. (N I usually hate that fuck) but this coaching was atrocious today. We were very lucky to win. That said, you take it and move on.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this day, I may agree with DAD a little. (N I usually hate that fuck) but this coaching was atrocious today. We were very lucky to win. That said, you take it and move on.

Coaching was atrocious?

WVU scored 40 points. Nearly 700 yds in offense.

The team went on the road to beat a traditional rival...one favored to win by 3.5 pts.

Were there questionable calls...mistakes made? He'll yeah!

Last year...this team loses this game.