• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Maryland Week

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, BB, ALL is great, with the coaching and play I saw yesterday, Stoops is quaking in his boots, Baylor is wondering how they will move the ball against our dominating defense, OSU is wondering how they will be able to field a punt. Come on, why the love for Holgorsen, why can you guys not see the foibles? The ST BS will cost us games, as it has in the past, the dominate defense that DC dreamed up will cost us games, the clock management that you guys cant see, but was mentioned in the paper today will cost us games, the fourth down going for it in the red zone will cost us games. All of these things almost cost a game yesterday against a team that is hardly known as an offensive power.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, BB, ALL is great, with the coaching and play I saw yesterday, Stoops is quaking in his boots, Baylor is wondering how they will move the ball against our dominating defense, OSU is wondering how they will be able to field a punt. Come on, why the love for Holgorsen, why can you guys not see the foibles? The ST BS will cost us games, as it has in the past, the dominate defense that DC dreamed up will cost us games, the clock management that you guys cant see, but was mentioned in the paper today will cost us games, the fourth down going for it in the red zone will cost us games. All of these things almost cost a game yesterday against a team that is hardly known as an offensive power.

Man... are you obsessed with me or what?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future....can I get some lottery numbers?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching was atrocious?

WVU scored 40 points. Nearly 700 yds in offense.

The team went on the road to beat a traditional rival...one favored to win by 3.5 pts.

Were there questionable calls...mistakes made? He'll yeah!

Last year...this team loses this game.

Are you saying the coaching was ok?

How many times must we go for it on 4th down and miss? Why exactly did we suddenly start running the ball when the passing game was humming in the 2nd half? Why did we leave two timeouts on the table at the end of the game?

We were far and wide the better team today but we still had a chance to lose. N if we did, I'd say we earned it. There really was no excuse for this game being this close.

Ohh well, a wins a win.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many times must we go for it on 4th down and miss? Why exactly did we suddenly start running the ball when the passing game was humming in the 2nd half? Why did we leave two timeouts on the table at the end of the game?

We were far and wide the better team today but we still had a chance to lose. N if we did, I'd say we earned it. There really was no excuse for this game being this close.

Ohh well, a wins a win.

We went for it twice and didn't get it, not like he was doing it from deep in our territory or every time we had the ball...how about the times we did go for it that led to two TDs were those bad calls as well? Did the 4th down attempts lead any points for UMD? Things that killed us were a muffed punt and a PR for TD, if a coach doesn't feel the need to use timeouts but leads the team down the field goal to win the game why does it matter how many timeouts were left?

After perceived clock management issues, 4 TOs, special teams gaffs, injuries to starters, blown coverages, offense that was held to 10 pts in second half and you guys act like DH and staff didn't keep this team together to win this thing. Were they perfect no but when the fuck have we ever done anything perfect here?

This board is turning into a joke....hope one day WVU hires the coach you guys need that does everything perfect at every moment during each and every game or at least does it the way you guys think he should..:L. Later gents.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohh well, a wins a win.

I'm saying the coaching was a whole lot better than just OK.

The coaching of the offense allowed the players to rack up almost 700 yards. Clint threw for a school record for road games… 511 yds… against a defense that held WVU to just 175 yds last year. A team that shut WVU down last year on the scoreboard as well… gave up 40 pts yesterday.

The defense completely shut Maryland down in the 2nd half… exception… the big play on the first play of the 2nd half.

One can question the outcome of any negative play… and cite poor play calling.. poor coaching. However, it rarely is the result of poor coaching. Execution of the play results in success/failure much more often than the actual call being made.

WVU finished with just 4 wins last year. That is not the sign of a very good football team. Now we have fans who are pissed because the WVU team is not blowing out a rival? I truly don't understand that logic.

This team has grown so much in just 1 year. They are playing confident…. scoring points… and playing good defense. Like any team… they are not perfect. But their growth… their increased production… is the result of good coaching.

I don't understand why some want perfection. Why they dwell on every single negative play. WVU ran 108 plays yesterday. How many of them were poorly executed?

There were ST mistakes made yesterday. Few of them have been repeated offenses. It was just 1 game. No need to overreact to mistakes made in 1 game.

WVU was not expected to win the game yesterday. The coaching allowed the kids to remain calm on the sideline… to overcome adversity… and have a game winning drive at game's end. That is good coaching.

Good grief…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB how can you say ONE game, the defense giving up long plays was an issue for the last three years, the kick coverage has been an issue for years, the going for it on fourth down in the red zone and missing has haunted us for several years, the poor decisions made on kick and punt returns has been an issue since 2011, IF the FG had been kicked, the heroic 2 minute drill would have been take a knee and jog off the field. As I have said, I do not get why there is such love for this coach, such a blind eye turned to his errors.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB how can you say ONE game, the defense giving up long plays was an issue for the last three years, the kick coverage has been an issue for years, the going for it on fourth down in the red zone and missing has haunted us for several years, the poor decisions made on kick and punt returns has been an issue since 2011, IF the FG had been kicked, the heroic 2 minute drill would have been take a knee and jog off the field. As I have said, I do not get why there is such love for this coach, such a blind eye turned to his errors.

Why the obsession with me?

Several posters have shared their opinion on the status of the football program with you. Despite all of the facts presented, you continue to serve your agenda.

I won't waste my time responding to you anymore.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the obsession with me?

Several posters have shared their opinion on the status of the football program with you. Despite all of the facts presented, you continue to serve your agenda.

I won't waste my time responding to you anymore.

AND several have shared my same point of view, if you would look at the play on the field, the WHOLE team, not just pick out a spot that happened to perform well, you may see the issues others do. the FACTS are UMD is NOT a great team, WVU had a 22 point lead midway through the 2nd quarter, WVU let UMD score three unanswered TDS in 6 minutes, WVU allowed LONG TD plays from scrimmage TWICE, turned the ball over, let UMD rum back a punt for a TD, had a punt blocked, and had to run a GREAT 2 minute drill to win the game. WVU DOMINATED the stats, but had to scurry to salvage the win. THOSE are the facts, if you would put your love for Luck aside for two minutes, you would see them.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going for it on fourth down has been a real epidemic here in 3 years and 3 games we have gone for it on 4th down 78 times (1.90 per game)with a conversion % of 42%...is there a game where going for it on 4th down cosy us the game? I didn't think so either.

Again who gives a damn about the length of scoring plays??? The fact is we have been giving up a shitload of points...would it have eased your mind if Baylor would have scored all those points from inside the 5 instead of all over the field??:clap::bullshit:

Have to agree last time I will partake.....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going for it on fourth down has been a real epidemic here in 3 years and 3 games we have gone for it on 4th down 78 times (1.90 per game)with a conversion % of 42%...is there a game where going for it on 4th down cosy us the game? I didn't think so either.

Again who gives a damn about the length of scoring plays??? The fact is we have been giving up a shitload of points...would it have eased your mind if Baylor would have scored all those points from inside the 5 instead of all over the field??:clap::bullshit:

Have to agree last time I will partake.....

Not sure I get it DC… WVU wins… and some fans are pissed in how it won. Last year… WVU loses this kind of game. I could understand some being pissed if WVU lost.

No one knows how Maryland or WVU will turn out this year. Last year, Maryland was decimated by injury… and struggled to their finish.

WVU made mistakes and still WON the game.

Isn't that a good sign?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I get it DC… WVU wins… and some fans are pissed in how it won. Last year… WVU loses this kind of game. I could understand some being pissed if WVU lost.

No one knows how Maryland or WVU will turn out this year. Last year, Maryland was decimated by injury… and struggled to their finish.

WVU made mistakes and still WON the game.

Isn't that a good sign?

No it shows just how far gone this program is under DH. :L

We just have fans that like to bitch about everything..hell DH could win the NC and they would complain about where he put the trophy....:doh:

I am done.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is pissed but you two, others, including myself are pointing out ongoing flaws with the team and coaching, flaws that COULD have EASILY resulted in a loss Saturday, and if not corrected, will down the road. You BOTH say you wont respond anymore, but just cant resist, too funny.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The special teams have sucked for a long time, in my opinion they have been going down hill from the time Stewart became the head coach. (not a knock on Stewart) They were pretty good before that. Before Stewart was the head coach he was in charge of the special teams. He was a good special teams coach, probably the best we ever had there in my lifetime.

efore as totally fucked up everything he has laid his hands on since getting here. I would be all for firing him today.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%, Mike, Efore has been a distraction at best, a poor coach at least, and possibly a cheater at worst, whatever unit he works with has gone down the tubes. He needs to be shown the door.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhm... Okay.

What was the score after 3 quarters.

OHHHH.... we had a bigger lead then!

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Zephyrus001, this is the Mountaineer TimePiece Company calling---your clock has been cleaned. We appreciate your business. Come on back now ya' here.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%, Mike, Efore has been a distraction at best, a poor coach at least, and possibly a cheater at worst, whatever unit he works with has gone down the tubes. He needs to be shown the door.

Maybe the first time I've ever seen fans calling for an assistant coaches head after a WIN!:pound:. Not saying I totally disagree just..... Dang funny

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the first time I've ever seen fans calling for an assistant coaches head after a WIN!:pound:. Not saying I totally disagree just..... Dang funny

Efore has been on the staff for 2 and a part seasons, everything he has been a part of has fallen apart, the defense in 2012 was the worst in school history, STs were horrible last year, and damn near cost WVU the game against UMD. He has been a distraction, and the tie to the scandal out West, whether deserved or not, didn't do us any good. We have sure seen the calling for a HC to be fired after wins, though.