• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this the next HC to win a natty?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's pretend you and that knucklehead OU fan have a clue on football. Take Rosen away from UCLA and they go to shit ... which is exactly what happened. USC without Darnold would be lucky to have sniffed a bowl game last year. Again let's pretend like we have a clue.

UCLA went 4-8 last year. What the fuck are you talking about?

USC with Darnold played an easy schedule.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't talking about last year. I'm talking about this year. Also, that was the worst game I've ever seen Mayfield play, and that includes his tech days. He didn't play worth a shit that game. Mixon was the only one worth a fuck that entire game.
You take Mayfield out of the OU lineup and that team changes dramatically.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take Mayfield out of the OU lineup and that team changes dramatically.

Yep. Then we insert Kyler Murray and defenses have whole other set of problems to worry about that they haven't game planned for.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA went 4-8 last year. What the fuck are you talking about?

USC with Darnold played an easy schedule.
Follow football much? Rosen went out for season about five games into the schedule. USC was cooked until they put Darnold in. Sam Darnold not only changed USC last year to the hottest team around last year but he's most likely to be the first guy drafted at the end of this season. Darnold isn't one of those down south no arm dual threat QB's that never cut it in the NFL .. he's the real fvcking deal.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Then we insert Kyler Murray and defenses have whole other set of problems to worry about that they haven't game planned for.
That offense was built around Mayfield. Try putting in someone else and see how well it clicks. In fact do it against Ohio St. at the Shoe.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow football much? Rosen went out for season about five games into the schedule. USC was cooked until they put Darnold in. Sam Darnold not only changed USC last year to the hottest team around last year but he's most likely to be the first guy drafted at the end of this season. Darnold isn't one of those down south no army dual threat QB's that never cut it in the NFL .. he's the real fvcking deal.

And USC still wasn't an elite caliber team. Just like Washington.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That offense was built around Mayfield. Try putting in someone else and see how well it clicks. In fact do it against Ohio St. at the Shoe.

If Mayfield goes down, they will and Riley will have them ready to roll with him.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow football much? Rosen went out for season about five games into the schedule. USC was cooked until they put Darnold in. Sam Darnold not only changed USC last year to the hottest team around last year but he's most likely to be the first guy drafted at the end of this season. Darnold isn't one of those down south no army dual threat QB's that never cut it in the NFL .. he's the real fvcking deal.

UCLA was 2-2 to start the season, and they only won 2 because they were easy OOC games. So what the fuck are you talking about? He lost to Texas A&M, who was an average at best SEC team.

And as I already pointed out, look at the difference in the SoS for USC before and after. They played a bunch of tough games to start the season before settling in on an easy schedule.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA was 2-2 to start the season, and they only won 2 because they were easy OOC games. So what the fuck are you talking about? He lost to Texas A&M, who was an average at best SEC team.

And as I already pointed out, look at the difference in the SoS for USC before and after. They played a bunch of tough games to start the season before settling in on an easy schedule.
UCLA was toast after they lost Rosen. They weren't even close to being the same team. They went into OT at Texas A&M with Rosen as their QB. Take Rosen out of the picture and that game would have been a walk for the aggies. You seriously need to start following college football.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA was toast after they lost Rosen. They weren't even close to being the same team. They went into OT at Texas A&M with Rosen as their QB. Take Rosen out of the picture and that game would have been a walk for the aggies. You seriously need to start following college football.

And they weren't elite an caliber team. Thanks for continuing to make my point.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not even worth my time. You don't have a clue when it comes to this game.

lol. Got nothing. Just stop. Do you never tire of being proven completely wrong? Like when you ran your mouth about Browning being significantly better than Mayfield only to be shown that Mayfield was better in literally every single statistical category.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not even worth my time. You don't have a clue when it comes to this game.

Here's what I know:

1. When you are bitching about schedules, you certainly don't put near this much weight on any SEC opponent Alabama plays, much less 8-5 Texas A&M. Kind of funny.

2. The most important positions on any football team aren't in the backfield on either side of the ball. If you aren't winning at the line of scrimmage, you aren't going to win many football games.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I know:

1. When you are bitching about schedules, you certainly don't put near this much weight on any SEC opponent Alabama plays, much less 8-5 Texas A&M. Kind of funny.

2. The most important positions on any football team aren't in the backfield on either side of the ball.

Quarterback being a bit of an exception, but as Bama has repeatedly shown, you can be an elite team with average or below average quarterbacks if you can win the point of attack. That said, an elite quarterback can make up for some deficiencies.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Got nothing. Just stop. Do you never tire of being proven completely wrong? Like when you ran your mouth about Browning being significantly better than Mayfield only to be shown that Mayfield was better in literally every single statistical category.
When have I been proven wrong on here?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Petersen is the Next Made Man | FOX Sports Radio

Only four active college football coaches have won titles; who is next?

Want a National Title? Hire a Coach, Wait Three Years

IJKkW63.jpg
sooooo wait 3 years, which would have been last year, as the article was also from last year, but it didn't happen. so what now? new coach and another 3 years?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quarterback being a bit of an exception, but as Bama has repeatedly shown, you can be an elite team with average or below average quarterbacks if you can win the point of attack. That said, an elite quarterback can make up for some deficiencies.

Well they are all important or they wouldn't be out there.

But if you don't win the line of scrimmage, it's not going to matter how good your QB is.

Give almost any QB out there 7 seconds of pocket time and they'll pick apart any defense. Give them only 1 or 2 seconds of pocket time, and it's a whole different story. And it's your OL that's going to decide that for the most part.

It all starts up front.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have I been proven wrong on here?

I just told you, dunce.

Want me to link it for you?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they are all important or they wouldn't be out there.

But if you don't win the line of scrimmage, it's not going to matter how good your QB is.

Give almost any QB out there 7 seconds of pocket time and they'll pick apart any defense. Give them only 1 or 2 seconds of pocket time, and it's a whole different story. And it's your OL that's going to decide that for the most part.

It all starts up front.

Yes, but an elite quarterback with solid receivers can still do damage with 2.5-3 seconds in the pocket where an average one can't. However, you still have to be able to run the ball.