• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this the next HC to win a natty?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of info I need to hear! :dhd:

Actually, how do you feel about the schedule? Dont think Helton was given any breaks here. Believe USC plays 10 straight weeks without a break... Start with WMU I think? They were good last year. Then a conference game vs Stanford, then little 'ol Texas rolls into town. After that USC has to travel to Cal.

That's tough, sandwiching the Texas game in between two PAC conference games.

I couldnt believe when I heard that today.
USC and Stanford get fvked on their scheduling because they play ND every year. Take ND out of the picture and they would have a normal schedule like the rest of the conference.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of info I need to hear! :dhd:

Actually, how do you feel about the schedule? Dont think Helton was given any breaks here. Believe USC plays 10 straight weeks without a break... Start with WMU I think? They were good last year. Then a conference game vs Stanford, then little 'ol Texas rolls into town. After that USC has to travel to Cal.

That's tough, sandwiching the Texas game in between two PAC conference games.

I couldnt believe when I heard that today.

USC has no bye this season. The only break they would get is after the regular season and the CCG if they qualify for it.
Fun fact. Despite people always saying USC doesn't live up to it's preseason hype, since 2004, five times USC has been in the pre season top 5 and four out of the five times it finished in the the top 5.

Last edited:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, I know. And I have a ton of respect for Peterson. But if you look at the teams that have won a NC, and the recruiting rankings, I would venture to guess that no team has won a National Championship and not been a top 5 recruiting team sometime in the previous couple of years. To my knowledge, UW hasn't broken into that field yet.

That's actually incorrect. Clemson won it this year without a top 5 clas.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is

KvlDqK8h.jpg

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C.P left BSU to have a chance to win a NC. I think he will sooner than later

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds for Top College Football Teams to Pull Off an Undefeated Season

3. Washington Huskies

1. Why They Could

It makes no sense that Jake Browning wasn't one of the frontrunners for the 2016 Heisman in the process of accounting for 47 touchdowns as a sophomore, but he's back to lead the Huskies to a second straight Pac-12 title game. Though his favorite target (John Ross) is now in the NFL, there is no shortage of options in this offense. Look for Dante Pettis and Myles Gaskin to become household names around the country while Washington scores at will against a forgiving schedule.

Biggest Obstacle

Can the Huskies replace their departed defensive backs? They held every 2016 opponent to 28 points or fewer, primarily because big plays were few and far between against a back line of Kevin King, Budda Baker and Sidney Jones. In fact, Washington allowed just 16 plays of 30 or more yards all season, ranking second-best in the nation in that category. But with all three of those secondary stars becoming second-round draft picks, is there any chance the defense can remain that stingy?

Undefeated Odds: 12-1

For a second straight year, it seems likely we'll spend the second half of the season arguing over whether Washington's abysmal nonconference schedule (at Rutgers, vs. Montana, vs. Fresno State) should preclude it from a spot in the College Football Playoff. USC isn't on Washington's schedule this year, either, and the games against Oregon, UCLA and Washington State all come at home. With the exception of the toss-up road game against Stanford, the Huskies might be at least a touchdown favorite in every game.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UWs leading tackler didn't suit up for that game due to a broken leg, UW and conference leader in sacks also didn't suit up for that game due to a broken foot and Jake Browning was playing with a shoulder injury hence the reason he had an operation on it less than two weeks after that game was played. Try again.

"We're a bunch of broken bitches, but watch out, because we're coming to getcha!"

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually incorrect. Clemson won it this year without a top 5 class.

I didn't say the year before, I'm talking about their team as a whole is made up of elite recruting classes.

Clemson team rankings according to Rivals -

2017- 22nd
2016- 6th
2015- 5th
2014 - 13th

So you have 1 top 5, and 1 class ranked 6th. Those are elite players on that Clemson team.

UW on the other hand -

2017- 23rd
2016 - 37th
2015- 30th
2014- 36th

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say the year before, I'm talking about their team as a whole is made up of elite recruting classes.

Clemson team rankings according to Rivals -

2017- 22nd
2016- 6th
2015- 5th
2014 - 13th

So you have 1 top 5, and 1 class ranked 6th. Those are elite players on that Clemson team.

UW on the other hand -

2017- 23rd
2016 - 37th
2015- 30th
2014- 36th

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. No team has won it since 2000 without at least one top 10 class.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. No team has won it since 2000 without at least one top 10 class.

Yeah, that might be a better way to put it, 'Top 10'. But it's because of these classes that I just don't think anyone in the Pac has a chance to win one other than USC.

I would venture to guess the closet team to win a Natty without the top 10 recruiting class is maybe Oregon when they lost to OSU? I doubt that team was a top 10 recruiting class.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that might be a better way to put it, 'Top 10'. But it's because of these classes that I just don't think anyone in the Pac has a chance to win one other than USC.

I would venture to guess the closet team to win a Natty without the top 10 recruiting class is maybe Oregon when they lost to OSU? I doubt that team was a top 10 recruiting class.
Oregon has never had a top 10 class tmk. USC and maybe UCLA are the only ones with a chance of getting those classes. On the flip side they don't cover recruiting in the west like they do back east and coach Petersen lands some good ones that are off the radar.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has never had a top 10 class tmk. USC and maybe UCLA are the only ones with a chance of getting those classes. On the flip side they don't cover recruiting in the west like they do back east and coach Petersen lands some good ones that are off the radar.

C'mon, they cover them in the West just as much in the East. California is an elite state for High School talent. Jacob Eason was the top ranked player in the nation from the state of Washington, and went to UGA.

No doubt there are diamonds in the rough, but I still don't think CP will win a Natty at Washington. However, if he had the amount of talent UGA has, he'd be a lot more likely.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, they cover them in the West just as much in the East. California is an elite state for High School talent. Jacob Eason was the top ranked player in the nation from the state of Washington, and went to UGA.

No doubt there are diamonds in the rough, but I still don't think CP will win a Natty at Washington. However, if he had the amount of talent UGA has, he'd be a lot more likely.
Coach Pete has been recruiting guys in places such as Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, etc .. that aren't on the recruiting sites radar but they are good players. If those kids were playing somewhere such as Seattle, LA, Dallas, etc .. they would have more stars next to their name.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Data pretty clearly indicates, no top 10 class on the roster... no natty.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, what's he done at Georgia?

Maybe the kid didn't want to sit behind Browning up here?