• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this the next HC to win a natty?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but an elite quarterback with solid receivers can still do damage with 2.5-3 seconds in the pocket where an average one can't. However, you still have to be able to run the ball.

Sure, they are all important. Quick passes are a common gameplan against Alabama. I'm not trying to diminish those positions, they all matter. You have to work with what you have.

But I'll take Alabama's fronts on both sides and just about any backfield in the top50 in college football and make the playoffs I bet.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Petersen is the Next Made Man | FOX Sports Radio

Only four active college football coaches have won titles; who is next?

Want a National Title? Hire a Coach, Wait Three Years

IJKkW63.jpg
I like the USA Today link best

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UWs leading tackler didn't suit up for that game due to a broken leg, UW and conference leader in sacks also didn't suit up for that game due to a broken foot and Jake Browning was playing with a shoulder injury hence the reason he had an operation on it less than two weeks after that game was played. Try again.

We didn't have our defensive captain as he had broken his leg earlier in the year.

No doubt you had injuries, but it doesn't change the fact that you were greatly out played. I don't complain about the NC Game because Bo broke his leg after starting off so great? It's pointless.

This is football, and in football, every team has injuries. That's why depth is so key nowadays especially with all the hurry up offensives, thus leading to the likelihood of more injuries.

I don't think UW will win the National Championship anytime soon. I think the conference as a whole is hard as hell this year with the likes of Darnold playing the whole year, Rosen at UCLA, Falk at WSU, and then maybe Barnett will pan out for ASU.

Not trying to be a dick or troll, but realistically only 3-4 teams ever really have a chance to win the National Championship, and usually it's not that many. So I'd say unless you are Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, or maybe USC, you aren't winning the National Championship this year.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't have our defensive captain as he had broken his leg earlier in the year.

No doubt you had injuries, but it doesn't change the fact that you were greatly out played. I don't complain about the NC Game because Bo broke his leg after starting off so great? It's pointless.

This is football, and in football, every team has injuries. That's why depth is so key nowadays especially with all the hurry up offensives, thus leading to the likelihood of more injuries.

I don't think UW will win the National Championship anytime soon. I think the conference as a whole is hard as hell this year with the likes of Darnold playing the whole year, Rosen at UCLA, Falk at WSU, and then maybe Barnett will pan out for ASU.

Not trying to be a dick or troll, but realistically only 3-4 teams ever really have a chance to win the National Championship, and usually it's not that many. So I'd say unless you are Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, or maybe USC, you aren't winning the National Championship this year.
USC beat Washington last season, Washington beat USC the year before that. Difficult to say what USC will be like after this season seeing how the odds of Darnold staying for one more year is about a hundred to one. He's most likely going to be the first player drafted after this season. Washington has a good a chance as anyone on the west coast of making the playoffs.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC beat Washington last season, Washington beat USC the year before that. Difficult to say what USC will be like after this season seeing how the odds of Darnold staying for one more year is about a hundred to one. He's most likely going to be the first player drafted after this season. Washington has a good a chance as anyone on the west coast of making the playoffs.

No doubt if the PAC gets a team in the playoffs, it's either UW or USC. But with the recruiting and the speed that USC has, I just think their chances of going all the way is greater than that of UW. Say what you will about your replacements, but you new secondary can't be as good as last year.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt if the PAC gets a team in the playoffs, it's either UW or USC. But with the recruiting and the speed that USC has, I just think their chances of going all the way is greater than that of UW. Say what you will about your replacements, but you new secondary can't be as good as last year.
SC has the edge on recruiting ... no doubt about that. Don James knew that when he was UW's HC yet he won a natty at Washington. As far as the secondary goes ... it might be better this year than it was last year.

Despite big losses to the NFL, UW coach says Huskies’ secondary is ‘10 times better’ than before

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC has the edge on recruiting ... no doubt about that. Don James knew that when he was UW's HC yet he won a natty at Washington. As far as the secondary goes ... it might be better this year than it was last year.

Despite big losses to the NFL, UW coach says Huskies’ secondary is ‘10 times better’ than before

A news report from Seattle times is like one from the Tuscaloosa newspaper, not always unbiased. I'll wait until the season starts and I can watch the new secondary, but last years group was so talented, it's hard to replace all that talent unless you get 5 - 5 stars to replace them with, which UW just doesn't do.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A news report from Seattle times is like one from the Tuscaloosa newspaper, not always unbiased. I'll wait until the season starts and I can watch the new secondary, but last years group was so talented, it's hard to replace all that talent unless you get 5 - 5 stars to replace them with, which UW just doesn't do.
Other than Baker, those two CB's UW sent to the NFL were 3* players. Some teams actually coach.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Baker, those two CB's UW sent to the NFL were 3* players. Some teams actually coach.

Ha, I know. And I have a ton of respect for Peterson. But if you look at the teams that have won a NC, and the recruiting rankings, I would venture to guess that no team has won a National Championship and not been a top 5 recruiting team sometime in the previous couple of years. To my knowledge, UW hasn't broken into that field yet.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, I know. And I have a ton of respect for Peterson. But if you look at the teams that have won a NC, and the recruiting rankings, I would venture to guess that no team has won a National Championship and not been a top 5 recruiting team sometime in the previous couple of years. To my knowledge, UW hasn't broken into that field yet.
This will be Petersen's fourth year at UW. Although his classes haven't been ranked all that high they are improving year after year. Hopefully UW finishes in the top 20 this year.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be Petersen's fourth year at UW. Although his classes haven't been ranked all that high they are improving year after year. Hopefully UW finishes in the top 20 this year.

No doubt. I was hoping he'd do well at UW. I have always had a soft spot for UW as I love Seattle, so I'm glad he's doing so well.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main concern is if the line doesn't get the reps together.It could disrupt the running game.Thayre actually running some old student body left plays with Carr in the backfield.Kid has size and can fly.But they need to work on the run blocking

This is the kind of info I need to hear! :dhd:

Actually, how do you feel about the schedule? Dont think Helton was given any breaks here. Believe USC plays 10 straight weeks without a break... Start with WMU I think? They were good last year. Then a conference game vs Stanford, then little 'ol Texas rolls into town. After that USC has to travel to Cal.

That's tough, sandwiching the Texas game in between two PAC conference games.

I couldnt believe when I heard that today.