• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this the next HC to win a natty?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The surprising part out of SC. Is they don't look like they are missing a step on Juju or Adoree. The defense actually looks improved. The offense is showing flashes but looks rusty. Hoping that sorts out when Helton settles on a Oline. And let's them develope chemistry. The kicking game has been garbage tho. Could be a big concern if they don't straighten that out .
UW's defense looks every bit as good so far as well, however we all know things are different when the lights get turned on and the reps count with all of these younger unproven players.

The think UW has as an advantage over USC with their replacements is a front half schedule with a lot of room to grow in. You may not like UW's chances in their first road conf game (game 4) at Colorado, but USC plays Stanford and Texas in back to back weeks before game 4. Yikes. And funny things happen on the Palouse a couple of weeks later. They will have some tests for sure.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC's season will be over with once Sam Darnold gets busted for PED's.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW's defense looks every bit as good so far as well, however we all know things are different when the lights get turned on and the reps count with all of these younger unproven players.

The think UW has as an advantage over USC with their replacements is a front half schedule with a lot of room to grow in. You may not like UW's chances in their first road conf game (game 4) at Colorado, but USC plays Stanford and Texas in back to back weeks before game 4. Yikes. And funny things happen on the Palouse a couple of weeks later. They will have some tests for sure.
I don't buy that Colorado Arizona comparison in that article.I think Washington is fine with Colorado.Even without McCaffery until SC beats Stanford that games going to be a concern.And I don't think the Texas game is a gimmee.I thinks going to be a rough game. I hate the no bye week because an injury could be that much more disastrous.

Pendergasts defense has been dominant in camp.Which could be just that defenses click faster at the beginning of the season.But it has raised the question on whether the defense is that good.Or if the offense is just struggling. I do know if they don't get the kicking game straightened out.SC could go full Oregon.Go for two on every score :L But like you said its a lot different come actual game play. Either way I think its safe to say.Everyones looking forward to PAC football finally.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damnit... I hoped we were done with "natty" when all the Oregon fruits disappeared...

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damnit... I hoped we were done with "natty" when all the Oregon fruits disappeared...
Shouldn't you be out with the boyz drinking fruity cocktails at the Sit & Spin.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You guys were found out to be fraudulent against Bama, and this year you will have a tougher time with the increase in talent in the conference, and unless I'm mistaken, you lost your entire secondary, which was beastly last year.

Saban, Meyer, Dabo, Fisher are all vastly more likely to win a natty before Peterson
Fraudulent my ass. The weaknesses we knew were there showed. No one outside of us hopeful UW fans gave Washington much of a chance, but they were a better o-line and a two fewer turnovers way from hanging with them every step of the way.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will be the next coach to win his first national championship?

Chris Petersen, Washington
In three seasons, Petersen has turned Washington into a Pac-12 power. Although many thought the Huskies were heading in the right direction before Petersen arrived, the program didn’t take the next step forward until last year.

The Huskies won the Pac-12 and advanced to the College Football Playoff, losing to Alabama in the Peach Bowl. If Petersen can continue winning his fair share of West Coast recruiting battles — the Huskies are currently ranked 13th in the 247 Sports’ 2018 recruiting rankings — he’ll continue putting his team in playoff contention.

12022016-UWBuffsAddsNew-016-1020x680.jpg

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I probably shouldn't post facts on here. Let's pretend those players wouldn't have had an impact had they played. Leading fvcking tackler on the team, leading guy in sacks on the team and in the conference and the starting QB playing with a fvcked up shoulder to the point he had to get it operated on.

Teams win National Championships...not Players.

Every team has 85 on scholly and another 30/40 walk-ons. Every team gets players hurt
and every player plays with bumps and bruises.

Nobody is going to win a NC without quality depth. Somebody goes down, the great teams
have somebody else to step in and the other players to step up.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams win National Championships...not Players.

Every team has 85 on scholly and another 30/40 walk-ons. Every team gets players hurt
and every player plays with bumps and bruises.

Nobody is going to win a NC without quality depth. Somebody goes down, the great teams
have somebody else to step in and the other players to step up.
Let's say the FSU's QB who stole crab legs went down before the natty game vs Auburn. I wonder how that game would have turned out.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy .. You are becoming the new @OregonDucks for CFB. LOL. You guys will be entertaining for sure during the CFB season. I'll sit back and watch the full blown retarded meltdowns when USC and Stanford come steamrolling that ass.:suds:Cheers!
Washington doesn't play USC on it's regular season schedule ... but ya ... I don't like to be boring. Strike while the iron's hot is my motto because you never know when your team is going to go to shit.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington doesn't play USC on it's regular season schedule ... but ya ... I don't like to be boring. Strike while the iron's hot is my motto because you never know when your team is going to go to shit.
Do you guys have the Ducks at home or on the road? You gotta have a sticky for that game.. You and @OregonDucks should make for an entertaining thread.. :dhd:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys have the Ducks at home or on the road? You gotta have a sticky for that game.. You and @OregonDucks should make for an entertaining thread.. :dhd:
Oregon plays at Washington this year. It should be a beat down if Washington stays healthy. TBH I can related to OD. He's passionate about his team.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon plays at Washington this year. It should be a beat down if Washington stays healthy. TBH I can related to OD. He's passionate about his team.
I have no doubt you two are related somehow? Distant cousins perhaps?:noidea:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Natty threads don't work too well around here.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say the FSU's QB who stole crab legs went down before the natty game vs Auburn. I wonder how that game would have turned out.

We would have played the guy, that would later transfer to Alabama and win a NC there.