• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this the next HC to win a natty?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary should be as good as last year. I'm sure that might struggle a bit early but we got a soft upfront schedule.
The surprising part out of SC. Is they don't look like they are missing a step on Juju or Adoree. The defense actually looks improved. The offense is showing flashes but looks rusty. Hoping that sorts out when Helton settles on a Oline. And let's them develope chemistry. The kicking game has been garbage tho. Could be a big concern if they don't straighten that out .

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The surprising part out of SC. Is they don't look like they are missing a step on Juju or Adoree. The defense actually looks improved. The offense is showing flashes but looks rusty. Hoping that sorts out when Helton settles on a Oline. And let's them develope chemistry. The kicking game has been garbage tho. Could be a big concern if they don't straighten that out .
You guys lost a lot on the line right?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither are john Ross type receivers
Lenius is that big ass possession receiver this team has been craving for several years now. He just needs to stay out of the dog house and settle into his role.

You don't replace a Ross type. He set the record at the NFL combine for a reason. They have no lack of diversity of threat of weapons though. More than I can remember in a long time. Real legit threats in the passing and running games of just about every style you could want. The WR corp has been described as the deepest in at least 20 years and they have such a glut at RB they are trying to find ways of getting talented guys trapped at the back end other ways of getting on the field.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're talking about the next HC to win his first natty? Maybe

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rapp will be replacing Baker. He played in most of the games last year and tore it up. I believe he had two interceptions against Colorado. I mean he didn't get a lot of time in each game, but he sure made the most of it. Different set of skills than Baker, but great instincts and a killer move on the ball/ball carrier.

The outside corners will both be fairly green, but one has been described as possibly the highest level recruit at CB in school history and the other sat behind those great ones we had last year and also has had heads turning. The first one is Byron Murphy(RS F) and the latter is Jordan Miller (A Jr). Joyner (RS S) will play a lot of nickle and backup the other two. He has had some game time, but not much.
CydAZ3NUcAAcUgD.jpg

CzgxgByUkAApM9U.jpg:large

FB_Thorpe_Watch_Rapp_1920x1080_71.jpg

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lenius is that big ass possession receiver this team has been craving for several years now. He just needs to stay out of the dog house and settle into his role.

You don't replace a Ross type. He set the record at the NFL combine for a reason. They have no lack of diversity of threat of weapons though. More than I can remember in a long time. Real legit threats in the passing and running games of just about every style you could want. The WR corp has been described as the deepest in at least 20 years and they have such a glut at RB they are trying to find ways of getting talented guys trapped at the back end other ways of getting on the field.
I'm well aware of who Brayden Lenius is. I'm pulling like hell for that guy!!!

I really think Baccellia will step up to the roll of playmaker.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rapp will be replacing Baker. He played in most of the games last year and tore it up. I believe he had two interceptions against Colorado. I mean he didn't get a lot of time in each game, but he sure made the most of it. Different set of skills than Baker, but great instincts and a killer move on the ball/ball carrier.

The outside corners will both be fairly green, but one has been described as possibly the highest level recruit at CB in school history and the other sat behind those great ones we had last year and also has had heads turning. The first one is Byron Murphy(RS F) and the latter is Jordan Miller (A Jr). Joyner (RS S) will play a lot of nickle and backup the other two. He has had some game time, but not much.
I only saw Rapp during the SC game. But thought he was very impressive. Two picks that game too right? Very shifty safety if I'm remembering correctly. Hell I'm looking forward to PAC football good luck y'all :suds:

Unless we meet in the PAC championship of course

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Browning is being overlooked IMO.
He's kind of the X-factor of the season really. The worry about him last year was his overall build and questions about his durability. No one questions his throwing or decision making.

He got injured last year and gutted it out, but he needs to put together 13-15 games this year. And stay upright.

The improvements on the O-line should help, but he needs to make better decisions at times on broken plays and help his line out by avoiding some of those hits. He's not Russel Wilson.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the freshman Harris looking rolltide. He looked great in the Army bowl. I had him and Akers as a toss up at top runningback in last years cycle

he's a beast, but it's a crowded backfield. Some backs will likely transfer after this year, but he won't be one of them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm well aware of who Brayden Lenius is. I'm pulling like hell for that guy!!!

I really think Baccellia will step up to the roll of playmaker.
Baccellia will likely get more reps for sure. But the point was they can bring out different options based on the defense that week. That's a great place to be in.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys lost a lot on the line right?
They have a decent amount of vets to step in.Some very skilled freshman but I don't want to see them rushed.Right no it seems like the biggest problem is helton is being a bit indecisive.When he really just needs to stick to one unit.And stop shifting the starting LG to C for reps because he not comfortable with the back up C

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's kind of the X-factor of the season really. The worry about him last year was his overall build and questions about his durability. No one questions his throwing or decision making.

He got injured last year and gutted it out, but he needs to put together 13-15 games this year. And stay upright.

The improvements on the O-line should help, but he needs to make better decisions at times on broken plays and help his line out by avoiding some of those hits. He's not Russel Wilson.
I think he's going to be one of the premier QBs in the nation this season. I didn't watch every UW game last season but what I did see was impressive.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a decent amount of vets to step in.Some very skilled freshman but I don't want to see them rushed.Right no it seems like the biggest problem is helton is being a bit indecisive.When he really just needs to stick to one unit.And stop shifting the starting LG to C for reps because he not comfortable with the back up C
Sam Darnold doesn't need a great OL. He's like Russell Wilson ... he can scramble ... unlike Browning.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's going to be one of the premier QBs in the nation this season. I didn't watch every UW game last season but what I did see was impressive.
It was really a tale of two seasons for him last year. To say he needs to bounce back is a little funny being he threw for 43 touchdowns last year, but yeah, he needs to bounce back.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Darnold doesn't need a great OL. He's like Russell Wilson ... he can scramble ... unlike Browning.
The main concern is if the line doesn't get the reps together.It could disrupt the running game.Thayre actually running some old student body left plays with Carr in the backfield.Kid has size and can fly.But they need to work on the run blocking

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are different. Neuheisel said Darnold was similar to what he dealt with in the NFL against Big Ben in that you really wanted to plant him in the pocket and NOT let him out. Browning leads a lot of stats in D1 while in a pocket.

I've heard SC's LT is a bit of a concern because he's been a bit injury prone and they have unproven youth behind him. Darnold's mobility will for sure be a nice offset if they have issues on that side.