• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the NFL trying to stop me from being a Lions fan?

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to lose that way... sucks worse that it was at home. It better be the rally point for the team this year. After all, it was only week three, we're still in first place (albeit tied), with a chance to show the the division that the Lions are for real this year by f'ing the queens in US Bank Stadium.

Fun fact - the queens first victory in 2016 in their new home was against the pack - the first loss, to the Lions.
Funner fact - the Lions have never lost at US Bank stadium. Small sample set, but hey, it's a tradition to continue.

Reactions: Rob

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just sick over this. Still.

I was on the road for the final series and was listening on sirius/xm - the Falcons feed. When Tate scored, they didn't say one word about it being a close play, a close call, being under review, or anything. They said game over, Lions win. Then they started lamenting the penalties against Atlanta on the final drive and moving on from here. I'm going crazy.

Next thing I know, a few minutes later, I hear a ref's voice saying something about a ruling being reversed. I'm thinking it's the next game! I was completely shocked and confused. The inner 10 yr old in me wanted to throw an epic meltdown temper tantrum. Only the Lions could have something like this happen to them. My buddies think I'm being a homer when I say this. They're just unaware of the cumulative history and reality. So I had to learn them. Link after link, clip after clip, of screw job after screw job. It was almost a comical experience.
This is the exact way I felt....I've see it happen to much to the Lions for decades....I'm very objective when watching football. I watch tons of football and tell my girlfriend what the flag is before the refs can announce....Whether it be for or against us....She thinks I should be a ref because I'm rarely wrong.

My biggest beef with the call is they are always saying they have to have irrefutable proof to over turn it.......There was NO FUCKING WAY OF IRREFUTABLE PROOF TO OVER TURN THAT TOUCHDOWN!

Reactions: Rob

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a buddy at work ask me if I was mad about this loss.

I told him no, I am completely numb to the Lions losing so much over the years, I am happy when they win but pretty much expect them to lose every game.