• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the NFL trying to stop me from being a Lions fan?

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, the Calvin Johnson 2 ft down and sit in endzone, but not a catch. Then the Cowboys playoff gift to seal our loss and now this, the illegal batting that was not called, and the phantom 10 second runoff when the refs stop the game.

I joked for years it is our luck, but seriously, I am starting to wonder if Goodell was beat up by a girl wearing a Barry Sanders Jersey or something. This beyond coincidental anymore. Look at the tampering case we lost a pick because Gunther answered a flippin question from a reporter. There is cats flat out saying 10 times more now without so much as the league batting an eye.

40 years I have been a fan and I have watched bad calls, bad rules interpretations and head scratching situations of penalties on other teams called against us. If I ever change teams it will not be because of bandwagon jumping, but it becomes apparent that the league refuses to allow the Lions to get to the Superbowl or even respectability

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that said, if this team is what we think they are. This loss should not affect them much.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, the Calvin Johnson 2 ft down and sit in endzone, but not a catch. Then the Cowboys playoff gift to seal our loss and now this, the illegal batting that was not called, and the phantom 10 second runoff when the refs stop the game.

I joked for years it is our luck, but seriously, I am starting to wonder if Goodell was beat up by a girl wearing a Barry Sanders Jersey or something. This beyond coincidental anymore. Look at the tampering case we lost a pick because Gunther answered a flippin question from a reporter. There is cats flat out saying 10 times more now without so much as the league batting an eye.

40 years I have been a fan and I have watched bad calls, bad rules interpretations and head scratching situations of penalties on other teams called against us. If I ever change teams it will not be because of bandwagon jumping, but it becomes apparent that the league refuses to allow the Lions to get to the Superbowl or even respectability

Don't forget not reviewing a play BECAUSE it was challenged. And so many others. I'm actually surprised that "The Tuck Rule" screwed the Raiders instead of us. Every other controversial application of some new rule has always been first applied to us, and then changed before it affected other teams.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... The batted ball out of tour own endzone rule that the Lions/Seahawks taight everybody.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that said, if this team is what we think they are. This loss should not affect them much.

raw

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Titus Young's TD against the Packers that was ruled out of bounds and couldn't be reviewed because the Lions had to waste all their reviews on phantom fumbles.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be honest I was sitting in the other end zone thinking, "just down the ball on the extra point, because it will probably be blocked and returned for an Atlanta two point conversion."

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just sick over this. Still.

I was on the road for the final series and was listening on sirius/xm - the Falcons feed. When Tate scored, they didn't say one word about it being a close play, a close call, being under review, or anything. They said game over, Lions win. Then they started lamenting the penalties against Atlanta on the final drive and moving on from here. I'm going crazy.

Next thing I know, a few minutes later, I hear a ref's voice saying something about a ruling being reversed. I'm thinking it's the next game! I was completely shocked and confused. The inner 10 yr old in me wanted to throw an epic meltdown temper tantrum. Only the Lions could have something like this happen to them. My buddies think I'm being a homer when I say this. They're just unaware of the cumulative history and reality. So I had to learn them. Link after link, clip after clip, of screw job after screw job. It was almost a comical experience.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Titus Young's TD against the Packers that was ruled out of bounds and couldn't be reviewed because the Lions had to waste all their reviews on phantom fumbles.
Better than Calvin Johnson and he still couldn't get any calls.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by got it wrong, I mean saying he was in originally.

If they'd got it right, we'd have got another play off.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first glance, I thought this was just fans whining. But going through your examples - and I'm familiar with the Tuck Rule believe me - you all are on to something.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was down though. You never got screwed. Sucks, but they got it right.

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader in Sports

I still don't think it's indisputable video evidence, which is their supposed standard. But I don't now, and never have had a problem with them reversing the call.

But name me any other situation in all of sports where they just call the game off without finishing it?
Up (or down) by 20 runs, 2 outs, the pitcher at the plate with 2 strikes against him? Doesnt matter play it out. Gotta throw that last pitch.
Up (or down) by 5+ Touchdowns, turnover on downs with 3 seconds to go? Doesnt matter play it out. Get out there and take a knee.
Up (or down) by 5 goals with 0.1 seconds left and hockey games end the moment the clock expires even if the puck is still moving? Doesn't matter play it out. Get out there and take the face-off.
Up (or down) by more than 30 points with 0.1 seconds left and basketball rules saying only a tip in will count, you can't even catch and shoot. Doesn't matter play it out. Throw the ball in bounds.

Down by 4 points, 4th down with 9 seconds left and the refs screw up? Doesnt matter pl.... Wait what? Game over? How? Why? It doesn't even make sense.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is a shit show. ESPN is not far behind with their liberal favoritism and mass stupidity in all areas of sports.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is a shit show. ESPN is not far behind with their liberal favoritism and mass stupidity in all areas of sports.
Leagues need to distance themselves from those fags.

They're gonna kill baseball with their bullshit if Manfred isn't careful. But I think he is careful. He doesn't seem down with their agenda.

MNF is damn near unwatchable for me. I still haven't watched the entire Giants game. It's like work tolerating them.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has mentioned the other review in this game.

Lions knock Sanu out at the half yard line, and the official rules him out there. Atlanta throws the flag. Referee's statement after. After review the play is inclusive, so the play stands as called touchdown Atlanta, Detroit is charged a time out.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops I thought this was the I hate Roger Goodell thread.
I'll just show myself out.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first glance, I thought this was just fans whining. But going through your examples - and I'm familiar with the Tuck Rule believe me - you all are on to something.
Tuck rule almost made me break the TV.