• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time for the "Michigan with a GREAT win to open the season" thread yet?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could also go the other way, and if so my "excuse" is that Brady Hoke isn't the coach I think he is, however there are plenty of reasons to think that he is.

Most Michigan fans have already admitted this.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Isn't it Hoke's job to fill all those weaknesses and fill them fast.

Meyer came in and improved our O line in one year. It wasnt good at all before he got there. So I don't buy that excuse one bit.

The meeeechegan faithful have to come up w/ some excuse as to why their team is still stuck in neutral. Maybe this is the year they finally turn things around...but I doubt it. Not saying that as a wolvereeeen hater, I just don't see that team making any major improvements this year. I really think Hoke is the wrong guy for that job. I mean he wasn't even their first choice if I remember correctly. I thought they first went after Harbaugh & then Miles. And when both of those former meeeechegan players turned down the job they were stuck w/ I guess what they thought was the best of the rest that was actually interested in the job.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm sure you chumps had FSU beating Auburn in the title game at this time last year. :rolleyes:

Now just to be clear, I am not predicting anything special out of Michigan this year, but all of last year's problems could be traced to one primary reason and a close secondary reason.

The primary was the youth and lack of experinece in the middle of the O-line. Now while we did loose two superb tackles, by all reports coming from camp this year's line will be better than last's. And if they could be just an average O-line, and everything else remains roughly constant, some of the loses become wins.

The secondary was along with the weakness at O-line, it was compounded by the terrible play calling of Al Borges. Thankfully, Michigan has seen a major upgrade there with the hiring of Doug Nussmeier. So again, provided most everything else remains constant, there will be more wins.

So in short, I'm expecting something like a 9-10 win season (including a win over Ohio State) with a quality bowl victory.

It could also go the other way, and if so my "excuse" is that Brady Hoke isn't the coach I think he is, however there are plenty of reasons to think that he is.

I also think Michigan will have an improved season. It seems like when they actually prepared for a game and played hard like they did vs. tOSU they played well. They need team leaders to get them to play like that every game. There is an obvious improvement in OC and if they can get some leaders on the field they will do fine. With BM I would have disagreed about the win vs. tOSU so we will have to see how the new kid does.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all the cute Spartan fans, after a couple of good seasons and one admittedly great season they think they are kings of college football. :lol:

Consider this, it is safe to say the last ten years have been some of the best for MSU and some of the worst for Michigan.
MSU went 78-50, appeared in 7 bowls (one BCS) and two conference titles
Michigan went 77-49, appeared in 8 bowls (three BCS) and one confrence title

So if MSU's best years are about the same as Michigan's worse, what those that say about the two programs?

Wow, didn't realize MSU has been the better program the last decade. Why are you still calling them "little brother" that doesn't make much sense.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all the cute Spartan fans, after a couple of good seasons and one admittedly great season they think they are kings of college football. :lol:

Consider this, it is safe to say the last ten years have been some of the best for MSU and some of the worst for Michigan.
MSU went 78-50, appeared in 7 bowls (one BCS) and two conference titles
Michigan went 77-49, appeared in 8 bowls (three BCS) and one confrence title

So if MSU's best years are about the same as Michigan's worse, what those that say about the two programs?

Best years? Id have to say the 50's and 60's were better....i mean if you can go back to the 1800's for michigan.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what happens when Michigan surprises everyone and wins the Big Ten, making the Final Four?

What will be your excuse?

:pound:

Thanks i needed the laugh today...

Brady hoke, the only coach who turns 5 star recruits into 2 star recruits.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And only a MSU fan woud deny Mattison's resume. How many championships rings does Narduzzi have? Not as many as Mattison, not to mention the time Mattison spent as the DC, for the Baltimore Ravens (one of the best defenses in the NFL).

And yes, now he does have one the best OC's, with several rings and a long history developing QB's. Including one Drew Stanton.

Gotta love the denial. :lol:

Well i guess they got the best of all....no way UM should even lose a game this year....i love how it was ALL al borges fault. If i was THE HEAD COACH, and ONE guy was making us lose, i wouldve done something about it. Maybe he should put the hot dog down and grab a head set...

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Thanks i needed the laugh today...

Brady hoke, the only coach who turns 5 star recruits into 2 star recruits.

Lets also not forget that Brady Hoke has not won a championship of any kind Ever.

Even with close to a decade in the Mid Majors he never won a conference championship.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets also not forget that Brady Hoke has not won a championship of any kind Ever.

Even with close to a decade in the Mid Majors he never won a conference championship.

Wrong!!!!

Brady hoke won the buffalo wild wing eating championship last year.....threw down 500 or so wings.....forced buffalo wild wings to stop sponsoring the bowl.....

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats funny about Michigan, as it is almost every year now, is that even with Braxton out, Michigan will still probably lose to Ohio State.

"Still"? "Probably"? You're hedging. Perhaps you're not that confident. :noidea:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched college football long?

If not you will soon realize that anything can happen.

And you are the one who pretty much said it will take hell to freeze over for Michigan to win the Big Ten enroute to the Final Four this year. :L

(Psssst, Hell freezes over every year around November)

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe if instead of looking at the surface, if one were to dig into the game (you know, do some actual analysis) you'd see there is perfectly good reason for that.

Brady Hoke spent most his time as HC at Ball-fucking-State. That's is arguably the hardest job to have any kind of success at, and at the end of his tenure there he built a quality program. Then he only spent three years at SDSU, and again he found a program that needed some work, and by the time he got them rolling Michigan came calling. Hoke is a prime example of a coach who is a "diamond in the rough," who is better than his record.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football live host all agreed hoke has to beat either MSU or OSU this yr to keep his job....cmon OSU take one for the team and lay down for him. Otherwise we have to listen for the next 4 yrs why the new coach wont win because he has hoke's recruits.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if instead of looking at the surface, if one were to dig into the game (you know, do some actual analysis) you'd see there is perfectly good reason for that.

Brady Hoke spent most his time as HC at Ball-fucking-State. That's is arguably the hardest job to have any kind of success at, and at the end of his tenure there he built a quality program. Then he only spent three years at SDSU, and again he found a program that needed some work, and by the time he got them rolling Michigan came calling. Hoke is a prime example of a coach who is a "diamond in the rough," who is better than his record.

Diamond in the rough???:pound:

More like doughnut in the belly

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are the one who pretty much said it will take hell to freeze over for Michigan to win the Big Ten enroute to the Final Four this year. :L

(Psssst, Hell freezes over every year around November)

Well, that part is true.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have more excuses when it comes to Hoke's lack of success than anyone I have ever seen.

You are like a fully stocked vending machine of excuses.

:lol:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football live host all agreed hoke has to beat either MSU or OSU this yr to keep his job....cmon OSU take one for the team and lay down for him. Otherwise we have to listen for the next 4 yrs why the new coach wont win because he has hoke's recruits.

You very well may live to regret those words, because starting this year I assert that Michigan will start rolling under Hoke. Very much the same way it took 4 years for Dantonio to get MSU rolling after John L Smith (only better, because this is Michigan, fer god's sake).

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have more excuses when it comes to Hoke's lack of success than anyone I have ever seen.

You are like a fully stocked vending machine of excuses.

:lol:

I know, in depth analysis is above your cognitive abilities, you only went to Ohio State.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, in depth analysis is above your cognitive abilities, you only went to Ohio State.

Now you have an excuse for your excuses. LOL. It never ends.

Poor michigan fan. Always trying to find an answer for failure.