• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Belichick a mad scientist genius or

Cheat or Legend

• Legend

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • Cheater

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just coached his team to a win without it's two best players and a 1st year rookie QB playing his 1st game..

He's good.
No one can reasonably dispute that.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure many have coached the Pat's but in a thread about their current HC, you deflect by mentioning Pete...because he coached there in the past. No one else though. Selective deflection then...
I'm surprised to hear a football fan say he has never heard of someone filming an opponents team practice to gain an unfair edge. That is cheating. Google it and you might be astonished at the information you gain. It will make you want to deflect more and more.
I said I was disappointed in the punishment-but I get it. To you that must mean I believe the punishment was too much. A typical bad assumption on your part.
My guess is you tried to get in the Navy but didn't qualify.

The video taping of the Rams walkthrough never happened.... Google it, you might be astonished at the information you gain.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video taping of the Rams walkthrough never happened.... Google it, you might be astonished at the information you gain.
I never said a Rams walk through was video taped. What made you think that?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure many have coached the Pat's but in a thread about their current HC, you deflect by mentioning Pete...because he coached there in the past. No one else though. Selective deflection then...
I'm surprised to hear a football fan say he has never heard of someone filming an opponents team practice to gain an unfair edge. That is cheating. Google it and you might be astonished at the information you gain. It will make you want to deflect more and more.
I said I was disappointed in the punishment-but I get it. To you that must mean I believe the punishment was too much. A typical bad assumption on your part.
No other coach just got busted either. Call it selective but if there was another coach this past week who cheated I would add them as well. Especially if he had coached NE. It's a thread about his genius or not. Posters bring up cheating. I think it fits.
It wasn't me who said anything about gaining or not gaining an advantage. I said it's still legal to film. The location is the only thing that changed. Even then it was a directive that BB broke not a rule. Use that Google feature.
OBTW you're right I missed getting to Annopolis by one question. They asked if I knew both my parents and I answered yes.
Curently 26 year Army veteran.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sorry I did think you were implying the penalty was too harsh. Not sure what would give me that idea:rolleyes2:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess.. For me cheating is about gaining an on field advantage. So a player wearing the wrong color socks and a kicker putting lead in his kicking shoe may get the same penalty, but I'd consider the 2nd the only cheater.

Or a player suspended 4 games for PED's vs. a player suspended 4 games for DUI's. Both broke rules, both got same punishment, but the 1st one broke a rule to gain an unfair advantage in the game.

A lot of grey area to that, which does put in some debate for me, but for me to call this cheating, I'd want to know more and get the proof of intent to gain an on field advantage by the team.

If it was a couple of guys talking trash and then hitting each other on plays... no of course that isn't gaining them any on field advantage. That's a safety violation though pure and simple. Same as if a team was fined for not having a doctor on the premises during a padded practice session.

But if the video shows Carroll using that OTA time to practice bump and run techniques, or blocking or tackling... Then yes, I'd call it cheating.

Excellent analysis. If my favorite team sucked balls for its entire existence I would have said the same thing :clap:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said a Rams walk through was video taped. What made you think that?

I'm surprised to hear a football fan say he has never heard of someone filming an opponents team practice to gain an unfair edge

Gee, go figure.

C'mon, you were chanting BEAST MODE weren't you?

butler.jpg

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised to hear a football fan say he has never heard of someone filming an opponents team practice to gain an unfair edge

Gee, go figure.

C'mon, you were chanting BEAST MODE weren't you?

butler.jpg
Nope, just any play to gain 1 yard would do.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other coach just got busted either. Call it selective but if there was another coach this past week who cheated I would add them as well. Especially if he had coached NE. It's a thread about his genius or not. Posters bring up cheating. I think it fits.
It wasn't me who said anything about gaining or not gaining an advantage. I said it's still legal to film. The location is the only thing that changed. Even then it was a directive that BB broke not a rule. Use that Google feature.
OBTW you're right I missed getting to Annopolis by one question. They asked if I knew both my parents and I answered yes.
Curently 26 year Army veteran.
You didn't understand the question and that is why you failed. Question was, were your parents related? It is a big difference.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast Belichick makes hoodies in style.

klbynes500

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't understand the question and that is why you failed. Question was, were your parents related? It is a big difference.
Bill Belichek has proven to be one of the greatest coaches to ever coach the sport of football, at any level. Moreover, Bill has proven to be a wizard while he made selections in the NFL Draft--and free agency--as a GM/Head Coach.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichek has proven to be one of the greatest coaches to ever coach the sport of football, at any level. Moreover, Bill has proven to be a wizard while he made selections in the NFL Draft--and free agency--as a GM/Head Coach.
Welcome to the hoop 500. Careful saying positive things about the Pats won't net you many friends. This is an anti Pats site.
Just kidding but there are plenty of NE haters. Some verge on being stalkers. You'll recognize them quickly.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even then it was a directive that BB broke not a rule.

What??? I've been looking for the NFL directivebook that has directives on filming locations. Any Help, google only keeps bringing me to the rulebook?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What??? I've been looking for the NFL directivebook that has directives on filming locations. Any Help, google only keeps bringing me to the rulebook?
Try googling league memo filming. It was a memo sent out by the NFL to not do it. It wasn't in the rulebook until all 32 teams could vote on it. I'm not denying they still violated a league directive. It just hadn't been voted into the rulebook yet is all.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try googling league memo filming. It was a memo sent out by the NFL to not do it. It wasn't in the rulebook until all 32 teams could vote on it. I'm not denying they still violated a league directive. It just hadn't been voted into the rulebook yet is all.

Oh that part yes. That was a memo, a directive from the NFL. I thought you were talking about the rule already in place on where filming could take place that was broken. My bad.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that part yes. That was a memo, a directive from the NFL. I thought you were talking about the rule already in place on where filming could take place that was broken. My bad.
:suds:

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a legend who happened to cheat. There is not one coach in the last 20 years who is on his level.