• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Belichick a mad scientist genius or

Cheat or Legend

• Legend

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • Cheater

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a legend. Many long time coaches become predictable but Belichick has managed to progress as the league evolves and stay on top.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just a system coach under the Brissett system.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game. Thursday nighters are pathetic. But I didn't have to watch to already know...

...GENIUS.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess.. For me cheating is about gaining an on field advantage. So a player wearing the wrong color socks and a kicker putting lead in his kicking shoe may get the same penalty, but I'd consider the 2nd the only cheater.

Or a player suspended 4 games for PED's vs. a player suspended 4 games for DUI's. Both broke rules, both got same punishment, but the 1st one broke a rule to gain an unfair advantage in the game.

A lot of grey area to that, which does put in some debate for me, but for me to call this cheating, I'd want to know more and get the proof of intent to gain an on field advantage by the team.

If it was a couple of guys talking trash and then hitting each other on plays... no of course that isn't gaining them any on field advantage. That's a safety violation though pure and simple. Same as if a team was fined for not having a doctor on the premises during a padded practice session.

But if the video shows Carroll using that OTA time to practice bump and run techniques, or blocking or tackling... Then yes, I'd call it cheating.

Call it whatever the fuck you want to call it then.

It was on Seattle and I don't care.....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put it mildly, the Texans crapped all over themselves but a lot of that has to do with how well the Patriots played. i.e. it didn't take long for the Texans to realize how outclassed they were. So.. they played like caca

Every phase of the game was Pats on top.

I wonder if Seattle fans noticed that play where the Houston receiver tried to run his cover guy back into Butler, and Butler sort of side stepped that one and broke up the pass the the second receiver.....

Deja Vu all over again.....

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow someone got their panties in a bunch.

Really do you consider wearing a different color cleats cheating the same as someone hiring a tech guy to steal the opponents radio signals to their QB and pipe it into their own defenses headset?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow someone got their panties in a bunch.

Really do you consider wearing a different color cleats cheating the same as someone hiring a tech guy to steal the opponents radio signals to their QB and pipe it into their own defenses headset?

Not really.

Rule broken, cheating....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See when you're honest about your weird obsessions, it's just better.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And back to the question, really really excellent coach. Watching them tailor the offense to the read option plays, and having the O line and receivers block them flawlessly. Impressive stuff last night.

There's no way that read option was within 100 miles of the playbook with Brady under center.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And back to the question, really really excellent coach. Watching them tailor the offense to the read option plays, and having the O line and receivers block them flawlessly. Impressive stuff last night.

There's no way that read option was within 100 miles of the playbook with Brady under center.

And even better, there was no way the Texans were even close to thinking it was coming either.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every phase of the game was Pats on top.

I wonder if Seattle fans noticed that play where the Houston receiver tried to run his cover guy back into Butler, and Butler sort of side stepped that one and broke up the pass the the second receiver.....

Deja Vu all over again.....

Oh yeah. We all saw that! :D

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both head coaches. Both coached NE I think there is relevance. I'm sure you are disappointed in the fine. What "crew" a d what taping of a practice are you referring to? Link please?
So getting busted for the same offense 3x you think the fine was too much. That's funny.
I'm sure many have coached the Pat's but in a thread about their current HC, you deflect by mentioning Pete...because he coached there in the past. No one else though. Selective deflection then...
I'm surprised to hear a football fan say he has never heard of someone filming an opponents team practice to gain an unfair edge. That is cheating. Google it and you might be astonished at the information you gain. It will make you want to deflect more and more.
I said I was disappointed in the punishment-but I get it. To you that must mean I believe the punishment was too much. A typical bad assumption on your part.
My guess is you tried to get in the Navy but didn't qualify.