• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Belichick a mad scientist genius or

Cheat or Legend

• Legend

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • Cheater

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's against the rules and he's the coach.

I guess.. For me cheating is about gaining an on field advantage. So a player wearing the wrong color socks and a kicker putting lead in his kicking shoe may get the same penalty, but I'd consider the 2nd the only cheater.

Or a player suspended 4 games for PED's vs. a player suspended 4 games for DUI's. Both broke rules, both got same punishment, but the 1st one broke a rule to gain an unfair advantage in the game.

A lot of grey area to that, which does put in some debate for me, but for me to call this cheating, I'd want to know more and get the proof of intent to gain an on field advantage by the team.

If it was a couple of guys talking trash and then hitting each other on plays... no of course that isn't gaining them any on field advantage. That's a safety violation though pure and simple. Same as if a team was fined for not having a doctor on the premises during a padded practice session.

But if the video shows Carroll using that OTA time to practice bump and run techniques, or blocking or tackling... Then yes, I'd call it cheating.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job bringing up Pete in a BB thread.
Typical deflection.
No one is talking much about it because it isn't like Pete had a film crew taping an opponents practice. It was for too hard of play during OTA's. I am disappointed in the punishment, but I get it.
They are both head coaches. Both coached NE I think there is relevance. I'm sure you are disappointed in the fine. What "crew" a d what taping of a practice are you referring to? Link please?
So getting busted for the same offense 3x you think the fine was too much. That's funny.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the dumbest thing I have ever read how can someone cheat during an offseason practice?? How does hitting in practice give you a real advantage over your opponent?
I didn't write the CBA. It's all about what you can and can't do during OTAs. The league states it's for safety. If you're team is doing things others are NOT allowed to do there is an advantage. Like most coaches wouldn't you want your team hitting more in practice?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you got to vent again. Eventually you'll work the anger out of your system.
Yep by the reply's from most Hawk fans looks like I struck a nerve. The Hawks cheat bottom line. Own it just like Pat fans need to do for the actions the Pats have been accused of.
Feel free to dispute anything I've said. If this had been NE BB would've been suspended at a minimum. I'll wait on anything of value you want to add.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a wear and tear issue that the players association backs as well.
Yet a Seatle fan thinks it's the dumbest thing ever. Hard to have a conversation with someone who's been a football fan since 2012.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that if you want to argue the wear and tear of the players and how it wasn't agreed upon with the players union that's totally fair. What I am saying is how this makes Pete Caroll a cheater?
How ard is it to understand. Pete is doing things other teams are not ALLOWED to do. It's an advantage whether you agree or not.
Since people like to bring up spygate. You realize filming was and still is legal right? The Pats got busted for violating a directive, not a rule for filming from an area that was no longer authorized to film from. From you way of thinking how is that cheating?
This is fun NE never cheated I guess? We'll leave deflategate for other threads.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has something to do with Karma, hurt feelings, and projection.

Logic, not so much.
That's juicy. Not like Squeaky Clean Pete doesn't have a jaded past.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep by the reply's from most Hawk fans looks like I struck a nerve. The Hawks cheat bottom line. Own it just like Pat fans need to do for the actions the Pats have been accused of.
Feel free to dispute anything I've said. If this had been NE BB would've been suspended at a minimum. I'll wait on anything of value you want to add.

Heh.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's juicy. Not like Squeaky Clean Pete doesn't have a jaded past.

Sure. Who's arguing that he's up for Sainthood?

Vent man. It'll be good for you!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess.. For me cheating is about gaining an on field advantage. So a player wearing the wrong color socks and a kicker putting lead in his kicking shoe may get the same penalty, but I'd consider the 2nd the only cheater.

Or a player suspended 4 games for PED's vs. a player suspended 4 games for DUI's. Both broke rules, both got same punishment, but the 1st one broke a rule to gain an unfair advantage in the game.

A lot of grey area to that, which does put in some debate for me, but for me to call this cheating, I'd want to know more and get the proof of intent to gain an on field advantage by the team.

If it was a couple of guys talking trash and then hitting each other on plays... no of course that isn't gaining them any on field advantage. That's a safety violation though pure and simple. Same as if a team was fined for not having a doctor on the premises during a padded practice session.

But if the video shows Carroll using that OTA time to practice bump and run techniques, or blocking or tackling... Then yes, I'd call it cheating.
You just took yourself off of all Hawk fans Christmas card lists.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon man. Me jaywalking is cheating just as much as me committing armed robbery!

It's only logical... BOTH are against the rules.

Up next: spitting on the sidewalk = arson.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Who's arguing that he's up for Sainthood?

Vent man. It'll be good for you!
Cheaters enjoy the tag line.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just took yourself off of all Hawk fans Christmas card lists.

Yeah, fer sure. Head on over to the Seahawk boards can count ALL the threads about people outraged by Pete's penalty!

(there's one) and people aren't actually outraged...

Now compare that to the usual grousing about Darrell Bevell and Tom Cable.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, fer sure. Head on over to the Seahawk boards can count ALL the threads about people outraged by Pete's penalty!

(there's one) and people aren't actually outraged...

Now compare that to the usual grousing about Darrell Bevell and Tom Cable.
I've been there. Not sure what your comment has to do with Rockinkuwait disagreeing with the hawk fans on this threadd? Thus being taking off you X-mas card list?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll lay awake nights, obsessing over us getting our good names back.
That's likely more contributitec to the Hawk Oline.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been there. Not sure what your comment has to do with Rockinkuwait disagreeing with the hawk fans on this threadd? Thus being taking off you X-mas card list?
Uh, I think maybe YOU should re-read his post again.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh that's my girl keep up the good work.

I STILL don't get it though. I'm sure the fault lies with me though. Probably uproariously funny.