• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In season Soul 12 Discussion

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the other thing i want to mention is that i e-mailed dan at ourlads just to ask for an explanation.

if his explanation was "our scout went to raleigh and determined that he was being used at FB mostly - if that changes during the year, we'll change it" - i'd never even have mentioned it. i'd have accepted it and moved on.

but the explanation "a member of the league was already in touch with me and argued that Samuels should not be listed at two positions, so we put him at FB only" - is a HUGE problem.

Now, every time there's a position question, we're going to end up dragging Dan into it. which isn't a fair procedure either for him or for us.

I do agree with this. I was agsinst others doing this in the past. It isn't fair to the ourlads guy for sure.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SkinsDevil I believe you're getting me confused with someone else. I have never emailed anyone on that site about a players position eligibility, and no, I did not email the site about Jaylen Samuels. I feel the entire league went out of the way to make an exception when really we probably should not have and now you're wanting more. Just seems like we have had a lot of issues with you in the past and we let you back in and now here we go again. I could really care less what a player qualifies as. It has never been a big deal to me for a free fantasy football league. In this case the guy is clearly a FB and you keep whining about it. What is next? Mike Weber is going to split out at WR for 4 plays and you are going to email the site to get his position eligibility changed. I love how you accuse me of emailing the site to try and get something changed when I have not, and when you, yourself has.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SkinsDevil I believe you're getting me confused with someone else. I have never emailed anyone on that site about a players position eligibility, and no, I did not email the site about Jaylen Samuels. I feel the entire league went out of the way to make an exception when really we probably should not have and now you're wanting more. Just seems like we have had a lot of issues with you in the past and we let you back in and now here we go again. I could really care less what a player qualifies as. It has never been a big deal to me for a free fantasy football league. In this case the guy is clearly a FB and you keep whining about it. What is next? Mike Weber is going to split out at WR for 4 plays and you are going to email the site to get his position eligibility changed. I love how you accuse me of emailing the site to try and get something changed when I have not, and when you, yourself has.

if it wasn't you, i apologize.

i appreciate the exception to the dropping a player deadline - i really am very busy teaching 6 sections of 3 different classes every day, and i couldn't have gotten the drop in any more quickly than i did

for this week, i accept that samuels is a RB. Like I said, i'm going to lose anyway.

i e-mailed dan because i wanted to see how he got changed before the season, with very limited information.

he told me somebody from this league e-mailed him and asked for Samuels to be changed. That concerns me greatly. I thought that it was you, from your reaction to me earlier

I accept that Samuels is a FB, at least for the time being. I'm not asking for that to be changed.

I just don't want people feeling free to e-mail ourlads when we have position disputes. Would you be open to a rule being put in place to that effect? If so, we have no open areas of dispute.

Last edited:

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins- Apology accepted.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins- Apology accepted.

i always thought you were a very good member of the league when I was commish - probably the best league member that i ever actually met through the league, as opposed to meeting them through other forums on KFFL/Mouthoff

I remember being very impressed with your drafting and your sense of fairness on many occasions.

I do feel like i'm getting picked on here, and i've been lashing out and accusing people of picking on me. I really don't understand why somebody in the league cares so much about the position of my 12th round pick, that they would specifically e-mail ourlads to get his position changed.

btw - that 21 point bid that you beat out this week on jonathan giles - that was mine. I was not happy when i saw that you beat me out by 2 points. Well estimated on his value

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with SkinsDevil. We do not need to email the league to request a players position be changed. If anything I would say as a league if we came to that determination that is fine, but that would be a very rare case. For instance when Romar Morris was listed as a LB and he was a starting RB.

Skins- Try and forget about it. I don't think anyone in this league is out to get you. When I sent out the message to the league everyone was very willing to make the exception. A few members rightfully so didn't love the idea of a rule being a rule concept but everyone understood. Had someone been out to get you I don't think it would have been an 11-0 vote. In someways I wonder if the person who emailed you is even correct that someone from our league emailed them. I wonder if it was someone who was in the same boat as our fantasy league. As willing as everyone was to vote in your favor for the exception it just seems very odd to me. Plus, I feel the group is pretty open in talking to me and nobody brought it up until after it was changed. Which I know for a fact the member of the league who spotted it did not email the league. Well, I can never be 100% sure but I am pretty sure. That member was not Q nor Red Snow. Not that I am going to mention the name. The person who spotted it can tell you if they want.

As far as I am concerned let's move on an enjoy college football season. Weather your fantasy team wins, loses, sucks this year up or is great just enjoy this league and don't stress out. This league is meant for fun not for blood and guts.

PS. I am happy to have Skins back in this league the past two years as it didn't seem the same without him. I enjoy the passion he has for the league.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins- Try and forget about it. I don't think anyone in this league is out to get you. When I sent out the message to the league everyone was very willing to make the exception. A few members rightfully so didn't love the idea of a rule being a rule concept but everyone understood. Had someone been out to get you I don't think it would have been an 11-0 vote. In someways I wonder if the person who emailed you is even correct that someone from our league emailed them. I wonder if it was someone who was in the same boat as our fantasy league. As willing as everyone was to vote in your favor for the exception it just seems very odd to me. Plus, I feel the group is pretty open in talking to me and nobody brought it up until after it was changed. Which I know for a fact the member of the league who spotted it did not email the league. Well, I can never be 100% sure but I am pretty sure. That member was not Q nor Red Snow. Not that I am going to mention the name. The person who spotted it can tell you if they want.

if we do need to e-mail ourlads, i would say we should post the e-mail here first, for everyone to agree that it was written in neutral language, and it should come from you, as league commissioner.

we should also ask dan to forward to you any request that seems like it might have come from one of us. I doubt there are a lot of college football leagues out there that use ourlads as their primary position determiner - as you said, it's not a fantasy football site

Would you mind asking whoever it was that pointed this out to you whether they e-mailed ourlads about it in the first place? i'll trust you as a neutral party. if, after asking the question, you're satisfied that they didn't - i'll move on.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins- The person who pointed it out to me promises they did not email the site.

Yes, we can do that. If we have a league agreed upon email request to ourlads I will then email and post a copy of the message on here.

That sounds like a good idea.

Now if Luke Falk is listed as a CB we may just forget to hit the send button. ;)..

I am kidding Q. :dhd:

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible for one of you to e-mail Ourlads and get all of Q's players switched to WR to make our Week 1 match a bit more interesting for tonight and tomorrow night?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my season is already over.

so disappointing. It started with so much hope.

this is a terrible football team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like no major injuries yesterday. Last year week 1 seemed like an injury filled week.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guys didn't play enough to get hurt.

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TCU scored 125 points, would Deante Gray have gotten in the game?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too early to hope Falk comes back for one more year so I have a chance to be relevant?

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never too early to hope about next year.

but far from too late to keep hoping about this year too

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is already over. If I can't best Stevie Im not beating anyone

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, i propose a rule that nobody may complain that their year is over prior to Columbus Day.

oh, i'm sorry. i meant "Indiginous Peoples" day

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote thumbs down. Historically my season has always been over before Columbus day.