• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In season Soul 12 Discussion

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few reminders.

A. Cal plays this Friday
B. First waiver claims will be due Wed August 31st at Noon ET. And then as a reminder as it is in the rules already, but each week up until the final week of the regular season there is a waiver claim period due at noon ET every wed.

That is all I got for now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting 41 points on Chad Hansen.

I had a bid in for him for 5 points prior to the Hawaii game as I was hearing good things. Then upped it to 11. He had a huge game against a weak Hawaii team. Never thought he'd go for 41 points. Cal has a pretty tough schedule and some young WR;s who could come on soon. I don't think Hansen will take 43 yard screes to the end zone every week. Still a good pickup, but was surprised by Q using half his waiver points on a WR this early.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will plan on scoring games again this year with some help from Q.

It wasn't that bad last year. That way we won't have to way around until Friday before the next week to get scores in. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to have to announce this but it was brought to my attention, appears SkinsDevil will have to take a 0 for Jaylen Samuels this week for two reasons. His game was over by the time Skins made a drop. I try my hardest to remind members to drop a player before their games if it gets late in the week, but with Thursday games this week it sorta threw me off and it being week 1. and #2- Samuels is listed as a FB only on ourlands now, which is really the correct position. Previously they had him starting at FB and TE, which as we know isn't possible. He isn't on the two deep at TE. Unfortunate for Skins, but one of those chances you take when drafting a player like that who has two position listed prior to the season.

Let this also be a reminder to make sure to drop players if you make a move before games start. Or at least before your first players game in your lineup starts. I always do it the day of waivers so not to forget.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to have to announce this but it was brought to my attention, appears SkinsDevil will have to take a 0 for Jaylen Samuels this week for two reasons. His game was over by the time Skins made a drop. I try my hardest to remind members to drop a player before their games if it gets late in the week, but with Thursday games this week it sorta threw me off and it being week 1. and #2- Samuels is listed as a FB only on ourlands now, which is really the correct position. Previously they had him starting at FB and TE, which as we know isn't possible. He isn't on the two deep at TE. Unfortunate for Skins, but one of those chances you take when drafting a player like that who has two position listed prior to the season.

Let this also be a reminder to make sure to drop players if you make a move before games start. Or at least before your first players game in your lineup starts. I always do it the day of waivers so not to forget.

May I replace Jaylen Samuels with a player who has not yet played in this week's lineup then?

I am not replacing him because of poor performance. I haven't even looked at last night's box score to know how many points he would have scored.

I have simply been told that I may not be scored for Jaylen Samuels, and I have other players on the roster that are still eligible to play. I don't see any real reason why I should not be allowed to replace him at this point

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in fact, i take that back

I protest.

I want Samuels to be scored for this week, as an RB, yes. But my lineup is valid even if you put him as a RB.

I am incredibly busy, and I did not realize that Samuels was playing that night. There is no competitive reason why i received an advantage from this.

This was an honest mistake. You made the week 1 mistake of not giving me a heads up, just like I made the mistake of being a couple hours late with my drop. Giving me a 0 would put me at a severe competitive disadvantage.

I want a week 1 exemption from the rule - not the RB/WR rule, but the timing of the drop rule.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the rule on the thread it appears no.

I personally hate to do this but we also have to follow the rules.

The rule states if you have someone in your lineup and his game has started and you haven't dropped someone that players gets "0"

I think the reason for this is because technically you could be saved if a player you had in your lineup has a bad score and then you save yourself by not dropping someone on accident and being able to replace that guy with someone who has a really good game.

In this case Samuels had 3 touchdowns last night, so that wouldn't likely benefit you in this case, but I believe that is why the league came up with that ruling instead of just having the luxury or replacing the player with someone else.

For example. (Not the real case here, but why the rule may have been established)

Jaylen Samuels scores say 3 points. You get to replace him and the guy you replace him with goes off for 34 points. You then benefit from missing out on dropping a player.

I mean absolutely hate when this stuff happens as I personally feel like saying sure, change it to someone who hasn't gone but then someone could say what is the point of rules then?

I wouldn't even have noticed this had it not been for another league member recognizing it.

Position wise, yes you could technically have him as RB in the FLEX spot and be scores as RB, so that really isn't a problem. It is the late drop after his game had started.

I don't have a problem putting it to league vote, but I can't turn a rule around without a league vote.

Few years back I believe you weren't in the league at this time, but we had a rule if you have your waiver claim on your roster that the player could end up being picked up by a team the week later. Burnt picked up Navin's claim of Tevin Coleman and we had to stick with the rule. Both of these rules referred to were actually rules created by you. We over turned the roster one the next year.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the rule on the thread it appears no.

I personally hate to do this but we also have to follow the rules.

The rule states if you have someone in your lineup and his game has started and you haven't dropped someone that players gets "0"

I think the reason for this is because technically you could be saved if a player you had in your lineup has a bad score and then you save yourself by not dropping someone on accident and being able to replace that guy with someone who has a really good game.

In this case Samuels had 3 touchdowns last night, so that wouldn't likely benefit you in this case, but I believe that is why the league came up with that ruling instead of just having the luxury or replacing the player with someone else.

For example. (Not the real case here, but why the rule may have been established)

Jaylen Samuels scores say 3 points. You get to replace him and the guy you replace him with goes off for 34 points. You then benefit from missing out on dropping a player.

I mean absolutely hate when this stuff happens as I personally feel like saying sure, change it to someone who hasn't gone but then someone could say what is the point of rules then?

I wouldn't even have noticed this had it not been for another league member recognizing it.

Position wise, yes you could technically have him as RB in the FLEX spot and be scores as RB, so that really isn't a problem. It is the late drop after his game had started.

I don't have a problem putting it to league vote, but I can't turn a rule around without a league vote.

Few years back I believe you weren't in the league at this time, but we had a rule if you have your waiver claim on your roster that the player could end up being picked up by a team the week later. Burnt picked up Navin's claim of Tevin Coleman and we had to stick with the rule. Both of these rules referred to were actually rules created by you. We over turned the roster one the next year.

This is week 1. You can make an exception. You made a mistake in not letting me know, too, by your own admission.

also, your hypothetical example doesnt work because under that rule, samuels could not be played whether he scored 3 or 30. I don't get the benefit of choosing to play him or not depending on his score in that circumstance

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is week 1. You can make an exception. You made a mistake in not letting me know, too, by your own admission.

also, your hypothetical example doesnt work because under that rule, samuels could not be played whether he scored 3 or 30. I don't get the benefit of choosing to play him or not depending on his score in that circumstance

You can't really blame me. The rule isn't DC reminds everyone to make their waiver drops. Most people wouldn't even do that it is just a bonus of having me in the league that the majority of the time I catch it. I just go out of my way for the better of the league and people in it. But it doesn't fall on me if you don't.

Also, I don't think you understood my example correctly. I was using that as an example of why the rule may have been established. People may have felt it could save someone from a poor game in not counting the 3 points John Doe got when he then has the ability to replace someone who ends up scoring a 30. It wasn't an example of where you get to pick to replace the invalid starter or not.

The example is

You start John Doe. He scores 3. But hey you just got lucky, you forgot to drop someone now you get a crack at Johnny Doe who the next day scores 35 points. The point is that would benefit you from now following the rules. You just lucked out because you didn't follow the rules by dodging a 3 point game that you would have gotten had you follow the rules for some player that just went off who would not have been in your lineup had you followed the rules.

Yes, that is not the case here with Samuels, but that is the example I am using of why the rule was probably established.

We can gather up a vote with the rest of the league to see if they want to make an exception. I have no problem doing that, but I can't just make an exception without the rest of the league behind it because I don't feel that is right of me. I am also hoping this does not lead you to quit as in the past you have now left us twice when something you didn't like went in the opposite way. So please just remember, this is a rule and we can put the exception to vote, but this was not my fault for not reminding you to take care of your team.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't really blame me. The rule isn't DC reminds everyone to make their waiver drops. Most people wouldn't even do that it is just a bonus of having me in the league that the majority of the time I catch it. I just go out of my way for the better of the league and people in it. But it doesn't fall on me if you don't.

Also, I don't think you understood my example correctly. I was using that as an example of why the rule may have been established. People may have felt it could save someone from a poor game in not counting the 3 points John Doe got when he then has the ability to replace someone who ends up scoring a 30. It wasn't an example of where you get to pick to replace the invalid starter or not.

The example is

You start John Doe. He scores 3. But hey you just got lucky, you forgot to drop someone now you get a crack at Johnny Doe who the next day scores 35 points. The point is that would benefit you from now following the rules. You just lucked out because you didn't follow the rules by dodging a 3 point game that you would have gotten had you follow the rules for some player that just went off who would not have been in your lineup had you followed the rules.

Yes, that is not the case here with Samuels, but that is the example I am using of why the rule was probably established.

We can gather up a vote with the rest of the league to see if they want to make an exception. I have no problem doing that, but I can't just make an exception without the rest of the league behind it because I don't feel that is right of me. I am also hoping this does not lead you to quit as in the past you have now left us twice when something you didn't like went in the opposite way. So please just remember, this is a rule and we can put the exception to vote, but this was not my fault for not reminding you to take care of your team.

I can tell you exactly why the rule was created. It was created so that people would do their drops on a regular basis. One of the early years, we were having a difficulty with someone who just didn't do them for weeks.

I believe it was originally that the drops had to be completed before the saturday games, but that saturday games provision must have gotten lost along the way.

this is completely unfair and puts me at a severe competitive disadvantage. I doubt it would have been an issue at all if he hadn't had a 3 TD game. but because somebody wants to clear points that my player rightfully scored, they are complaining. (By the way, i checked to make sure that my lineup was still valid if Samuels became a RB prior to posting it)

and your example still doesn't work. it doesn't save you from a bad game because the bad game was always invalid. A competitive advantage can only be created if you have the option of saving yourself from a bad game after the fact.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. I have no problem making the exception as it is week 1 and so many games on a Thursday, I just need the rest of the league to agree and most importantly JonBlaze since it impacts his game the most. I personally see no problem with it but I will have to reach out to others. It is technically going against a rule, but I am thinking others can be understanding with it being the first week of the season and a rare amount of games on a Thursday compared to the rest of the season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah and it wasn't Q who noticed it btw.

And the person who noticed it doesn't appear to have a problem with making an exception in this case. So, nobody is out to get you, watching over you.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins you are the biggest by the book person ever with rules, so you break the rules and you protest because its week one? lol what a joke.

Personally I don't care, I play this for fun. But if the shoe was on the other foot you would be crying like a baby on how they are breaking the rules. And how we have rules for a reason.

I'm cool with it, but something down the road happens you better remember people letting this slide if it does happen.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has voted 11-0 in favor to make an exception.

With that being said I think to do this we need to make a rule change that states.

You have until Sat to make your cut, any player that has started a game by Saturday in which a team has an over the limit roster size will not count and will get a 0.

If you had a player go on Thursday we will count their points unless you don't make the cut by the first game on Sat, in which you also cannot cut a player who played in Thursdays game. For instance... If John Doe went Thursday and broke his vagina and was out for the season you can't take advantage of it. Ill tweak it a bit later. In reality this has been such a non issue that it should be fairly simple to tweak.

The only part I hate about this is the fact that when Navin didn't add Tevin Coleman to his roster we didn't change the rule for him that year despite 11 of 12 members wanting to and it was a smaller thing a simple player not added to his roster when he made the cut like he had to.

I'll come up with a slight rule tweak to make it fair to everyone going forward in which really shouldn't impact anyone really as this is the first time I believe someone has forgot to make a cut before their first game...

The exception and rule tweak to me makes some sense since really you have just over 24 hours to make a cut after a waiver claim if you have someone playing on Thursday.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will definitely vote in favor of that rule change.

so, for clarification - with the exception - does that mean i get the score of Samuels (as a RB), or does that mean that i get a chance to replace him in the lineup?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will get his points as a RB.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has voted 11-0 in favor to make an exception.

With that being said I think to do this we need to make a rule change that states.

You have until Sat to make your cut, any player that has started a game by Saturday in which a team has an over the limit roster size will not count and will get a 0.

If you had a player go on Thursday we will count their points unless you don't make the cut by the first game on Sat, in which you also cannot cut a player who played in Thursdays game. For instance... If John Doe went Thursday and broke his vagina and was out for the season you can't take advantage of it. Ill tweak it a bit later. In reality this has been such a non issue that it should be fairly simple to tweak.

The only part I hate about this is the fact that when Navin didn't add Tevin Coleman to his roster we didn't change the rule for him that year despite 11 of 12 members wanting to and it was a smaller thing a simple player not added to his roster when he made the cut like he had to.

I'll come up with a slight rule tweak to make it fair to everyone going forward in which really shouldn't impact anyone really as this is the first time I believe someone has forgot to make a cut before their first game...

The exception and rule tweak to me makes some sense since really you have just over 24 hours to make a cut after a waiver claim if you have someone playing on Thursday.

I wasn't the player who voted against Navin was I?

I don't remember that incident. Was it during my time out of the league?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you were not in the league that year.

The only person who voted against it was the guy who was able to pick Tevin Coleman up, when Navin forgot to add him to this roster.