• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm sorry B1G fans, I'm not convinced the conference is the best

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put the Big 12 ahead of them...MSU losing to Georgetown today, Iowa losing to MSU earlier in the week (MSU was beat up and beat us at home) and not to mention Northwestern is now in 4th place in the B1G

The B1G is deeper but the Big 12 is playing better ball (top 5 vs. top 5) right now

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to see a fair possibility of an Auto-bid team to the NCAA Tournament by someone who wouldn't have gotten there based on record.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think both B1G and Big12 are deep. B1G is probably still the best, but Big12 is pretty close. Think they are both deeper than any other conference, but have no data to back that up.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry; I am no longer a believer in Big ten basketball. Both the ACC and the Big12 are better. Ohio State at Wisconsin was an example of just how bad supposedly good Big10 teams play.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is "a down year" in the B1G and they're still so good that no one has even uttered that phrase.

I think it's absolutely up for debate who the best conference is though. We don't have enough to go on to make some absolute definitive conclusion. You guys are still locked in to this 12 game football season mode where we decide before the season's even close to over.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that is true. whole lotta season left.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry; I am no longer a believer in Big ten basketball. Both the ACC and the Big12 are better. Ohio State at Wisconsin was an example of just how bad supposedly good Big10 teams play.

I agree that the B1G has been overrated this season. But not every team plays great every night.

Iowa will definitely have to earn a road W, right now, in Champaign. Both teams are balling.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b12 is the best top to bottom.

acc will have the most teams go deep into the tourny

pac & b10 will get a lot of teams in the tourny......but their overall performance is anyones guess

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The B1G needs to beat some teams in Tourney play to earn a little more respect.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I see two teams that can go deep into the tourney, one team that I feel confident can win it all...the rothers may get bounced in the second round

Top tier MSU (at full capacity), Michigan...I think MSU at full strength is fucking good...Michigan is athletic and can beat anyone...Iowa, tOSU, Wisky have some soul searching...out of those last three teams I think Wisky and Iowa can turn it around

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's a clear-cut dominant conference this year.
:agree:

After tonight, it is clear Duke is not the #17 team ... they are top #10... losses to Zona and Kansas aren't that big of a deal.

I was thinking Virginia and Pitt are flying under the radar as well... could be the ACC ends up being the top.

Who knows.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G needs to beat some teams in Tourney play to earn a little more respect.

This is the most level headed post I have seen...

I think we all learned from a few years ago when the Big East was so dominant in the rankings and RPI... got like 7 or 8 teams in the NCAA.. and most of them lost in the 1st two rounds.

Basketball is a great sport that is all about matchups... and for many teams these days, living and dying by the three (e.g. Wisky, Duke, etc.)

Let's just enjoy it... screw the conference stuff! Tonight's game was great... and I have no love loss for either team.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, conferences don't win games and teams beating other teams doesn't really have much to do with a conference.

Conferences also don't win NCAA tournament games. To win that, you beat who's next, not another conference. We probably ought to grow out of the Billy Packer syndrome.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b12 is the best top to bottom.

acc will have the most teams go deep into the tourny

pac & b10 will get a lot of teams in the tourny......but their overall performance is anyones guess

Nobody cares about your opinion so stop pretending like you know anything.

What in the hell makes you think the ACC will have the most teams go deep in the tourney? What, exactly, do you even mean by that? Make some more shit up, YOUJIZZ!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, conferences don't win games and teams beating other teams doesn't really have much to do with a conference.

Conferences also don't win NCAA tournament games. To win that, you beat who's next, not another conference. We probably ought to grow out of the Billy Packer syndrome.

If there is anything we can all agree on, it's "Fuck Billy Packer."

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen I get the theory on the b10 not bring as good as we thought but lets think about WHY people are saying that. Mostly its because of the drop off of wisky and osu right? Maybe illinois too. But how do you take 3 teams that eent 42-1 ooc and consider their league bad because those teams are losing IN conference?? Im sorry that makes zero sense. Maybe you are turned off by msu's recent struggles but the spartans are 19-3 and havent had a full roster most of the year. I get the sentiment, hell I started a thread about it earlier but teams dominating ooc then losing in league doesnt mean your league stinks. Just saying

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen I get the theory on the b10 not bring as good as we thought but lets think about WHY people are saying that. Mostly its because of the drop off of wisky and osu right? Maybe illinois too. But how do you take 3 teams that eent 42-1 ooc and consider their league bad because those teams are losing IN conference?? Im sorry that makes zero sense. Maybe you are turned off by msu's recent struggles but the spartans are 19-3 and havent had a full roster most of the year. I get the sentiment, hell I started a thread about it earlier but teams dominating ooc then losing in league doesnt mean your league stinks. Just saying

I think everyone is looking through extremes... most logical people aren't implying your conference "stinks" as you put it.

But on the flip side, I think what people are saying is enough with the B1G is the best.

Right now, I think the BigXII and the ACC could be as good... we don't know yet.

So nobody is saying the B1G is bad... but the initial thoughts about the B1G being the strongest conference by far are starting to shift after watching Pitt, Duke Virginia, Kansas, etc..

I think there are a number of teams that could got the distance this year.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think conferences such as the Big 12 and even the Big East and other various eastern conference are closer than we all think.. I think the B1G was better last year tbh but some of the bottom teams from last year have certainly improved.. Team like Purdue and Indiana struggling has hurt the conference IMO..