• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If You Traded Garapolo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. NFL is not the NBA. NFL does not allow players to dictate conditions of any trade. (( Again no team is giving draft picks for a player that will be a FA after one year. They will only trade for JG if JG agrees to a extension. So JG has a huge say in things.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you want him?
I don't want to give picks or pay 16 mil per for a unproven QB. See Oz in Hou for the reason why, or Cutler. We can draft our own and not lose picks or have to sign a large multi year contract.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL..Solder is not going anywhere soon. You're stuck on a new left tackle. We just won a SB with a guy who was finally healthy for a whole season. If you want to improve, maybe C, but this OL is set for years to come. The depth will be better next yr also.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSNNE had a great discussion about trading Garapollo yesterday.

Based on their information, the Patriots are willing to trade JG, but they've already let at least 6 teams know that the Bradford trade is the base standard. A first and a fourth or better.

The problem for the buyers is that they have to toss their eggs in JG's basket and the Texans $72M deal for Oz is making GMs very leery. The odd thing is that supposedly, the Texans are one of the teams looking very seriously at JG. The second problem is even more troublesome. Do you let JG play out a season and see what he can do, or do you sign him long term? If you don't sign him and he has a Dak Prescott type season, you lose him to free agency and he gets a $100M+ contract and you lose out. If you sign him long term and he shits the bed, you lose out. Either way, you could be looking for a job in 2018.

With owners being so skittish, what does a GM do? Draft Watson and hope?????

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need a QB you are not going to get him in this draft.
I just watched the AZ game again. Jimmy looked good - not great. Lots of ball dropped by receivers. Not enough practice. He looks like someone we could play with. If you suck and have no Offense? He's not a big, tough QB.
I like Brissett, so I'm not afraid to lose Garappolo. Somebody offers me 2 high 2nds and a 4th, I'm in.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per NFL Trade News 2/19/2017

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports writes every factor points to the Patriots trading backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo at some point this offseason.

La Canfora mentions that while reports are all over the place in regards to the Patriots’ plans for Garoppolo, he firmly believes every player has a price and as long as one of the quarterback-needy teams is willing to part with a decent package of draft picks for Garoppolo, they’ll make a trade.

One interesting note from La Canfora is in regards to Garoppolo’s agent, Don Yee. La Canfora says that it’s unlikely HC Bill Belichick will invest a lot of time and energy in finding a trade for Garoppolo, considering that his agent will most likely be trying to line up options that his client is willing to sign a long-term deal with.

According to La Canfora, Yee has obvious ties to the Bears, Browns and 49ers, so it wouldn’t be all that difficult for him to work out a long-term deal for his client, assuming that these teams are willing to part with a competitive package of draft picks to get Garoppolo.

La Canfora also doesn’t rule out the Texans as a landing spot for Garoppolo either.

After the Vikings parted with first- and fourth-round picks in return for Sam Bradford last year, La Canfora fully expects a team to offer something similar to the Patriots in the coming months.

There’s still a chance that New England holds onto Garoppolo, depending what’s available to them and whether they think they can’t hold onto him as their long-term replacement for Tom Brady. Although, Brady has said he plans to still play a number of years.

Garoppolo, 25, is a former second-round pick of the Patriots back in 2014. He is entering the final year of his four-year, $3,483,898 rookie contract and stands to make a base salary of $820,077 to go along with a $75,000 workout bonus for the 2017 season.

In 2016, Garoppolo completed 68.3 percent of his passes for 502 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions for the Patriots over the course of six games.

We’ll have more regarding a potential Garoppolo trade as the news is available.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pass on a 4th this yr, and give me a 3rd for next yr. NFL will take NE 4th rd pick this yr if it's higher than where they are now. I'll take Clev two 2nd rd picks and their 3rd pick next yr...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all you have to know to be sure Garappolo is going to be traded is,
All his teammates saying how good he is.......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The afternoon guys on WEEI were fooling around this afternoon. One of them says...."What if by some twist of fate, Roger Goodell could declare Jimmy Garapollo eligible for the 2017 NFL Draft." "Where would JG be drafted?"
Immediately the callers and the radio guys were talking #1 to #4 in the draft. Which then drove the conversation to the point, if he's be that high in the draft, why would anyone not think he'd be worth the #1 thru #4 pick?

I guess it's what a team believes he's worth and if they felt secure enough to think he might last to the second round a second time around.

If Cleveland thinks that Chicago or SF might trade for him with their first round pick then they'll either have to up the ante or hope a QB lasts until #12. It just might be smart to Offer #12 and #52 and get the guy you want and not settle for the fourth or fifth best college rookie.

Cleveland has plethora of picks and they don't have a history of drafting well. They really need to do something right.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The afternoon guys on WEEI were fooling around this afternoon. One of them says...."What if by some twist of fate, Roger Goodell could declare Jimmy Garapollo eligible for the 2017 NFL Draft." "Where would JG be drafted?"
Immediately the callers and the radio guys were talking #1 to #4 in the draft. Which then drove the conversation to the point, if he's be that high in the draft, why would anyone not think he'd be worth the #1 thru #4 pick?

I guess it's what a team believes he's worth and if they felt secure enough to think he might last to the second round a second time around.

If Cleveland thinks that Chicago or SF might trade for him with their first round pick then they'll either have to up the ante or hope a QB lasts until #12. It just might be smart to Offer #12 and #52 and get the guy you want and not settle for the fourth or fifth best college rookie.

Cleveland has plethora of picks and they don't have a history of drafting well. They really need to do something right.

I doubt BB wants Cleveland's #1 pick. Trading out of that is going to be very difficult this year. #12 and #33. :)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt BB wants Cleveland's #1 pick. Trading out of that is going to be very difficult this year. #12 and #33. :)
I don't think Cleveland is giving up #1. I'm hoping for at least #12?
However, if BB was offered #1 I sure hope he takes it and keeps it. Myles Garret is going to be a difference maker in the NFL.
Cleveland drafting Garrett combined with Jamie Collins just vastly improved the Browns. Add DE Solomon Thomas from Stanford, ILB Rueben Foster from Bama, Teez Tabor Florida or Jabrill Peppers Michigan to their back end if they hold onto # 12?

Unfortunately, they are still the Browns and will find a way to screw it up.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF NE gets 2 first rd picks, I might have to take the night off work to watch the 1st rd....LOL. Be a first time in a long while...

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word out here in NE Ohio is that the Browns' maximum offer for JG will be their two second round picks (#33 and #52). If the Bears are interested and are willing to part with their first round choice (#4 overall), I can see BB taking the deal and trading down in the first round.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of talk about Chicago tossing their 1st rd pick for Jimmy. That would be crazy if so. I can then see BB trading that pick down to the 10-15 range and grabbing another 3rd pick this yr. This could be a very interesting draft for NE fans over the 1st two days.

My thought...does BB add the 32 pick in the deal and get more out of Chicago. Say maybe another 2nd rd pick or 3rd this yr??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching CSNNE last night about 11:45. Sadly I had just gotten up and was a bit groggy so I can't remember the female sportswriter's name from Cleveland. She had 3 names Blonde and attractive and pretty smart.

Anyway................she said Cleveland will be going 'All In" to get JG. They've been so bad for so long that they cannot afford to go through another Johnny Manzeil type draft. Getting JG and paying him $15M a year for a known commodity is much better than a 5 year $30M contract for an unknown who may or may not be able to play at the NFL level. The sample that JG can provide is enough to determine that he can play and play well at the NFL level.

She said that Cleveland is prepared to give the Patriots their #1 and #52 if the Bears offer the #3 and their 2nd rounder. If neither the Bears or the 49ers get involved then they will offer both second round picks. She said that the Bears will not bring Cutler back and they are very determined to get JG. Nothing better than a bidding war for one of your players.

Here's my prediction.........BB waits until the draft is about to start and plays phone tag with the Browns, Bears and 49ers. Near the start, the 49ers make a stupid offer of their 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks and the Bears drop out. The Browns counter with the #1, #33, #52 and BB takes it. He immediately trades the #1 for another top 10 pick and a 4th rounder. He trades that top 10 for a first rounder next year and a 2nd rounder this year.

When he's done, the Patriots have the #32,#33, Trade pick somewhere in here, #52. More than likely he'll deal a couple of these for 2nd rounders next year and 3rd and 4ths this year. My guess is that he'll end up with 10 picks in the lower rounds this year.

Next year he'll have 2 first round, 3 second round, 3 third round picks.

JG will be a windfall of gargantuan proportions when the smoke clears.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schecter is reporting that BB says that he will not trade Jimmy Garapollo. That JG is the real deal and he will be TB's backup going forward.

And I have some land bordering the Everglades that I'll sell that is prime for building multimillion dollar homes.
Back yard pools are already in place.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason he wouldn't be worth that is because of cost. Teams using that 1st overall pick get the 5-year window at a cost controlled ability to see what the player is going to be. With Jimmy G you get 1 year to find out if he really is the franchise guy and then risk losing him if he is or have to pay him huge money off a small window of games. Teams say it takes defenses about 16 games worth of film to truly know how to stop a player so Jimmy G would be right on that edge.