• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If You Traded Garapolo

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Houston defense played exceptionally well without Watt. My guess is that everyone came to play because they couldn't depend on him because he was out. Happens quite a bit. Player can't slack off because a star is injured and actually plays better than he ever did previously. Dealing Watt would not kill the Texans.

Just finished watching the NE/HOU divisional playoff game and the Texans played extremely well. A lot of people blamed that loss on Oz but the Texans lost that game because of a perfect pass dropped by Fuller in the end zone and a Tipped pass. Texans intercepted Brady twice and Lewis fumbled twice. That game was closer than the final score.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand that sentiment. I just think the risk of J.J. Watt, or Gronk at this point, kind of negates some of his value.

But I did just do a quick wiki..and it turns out he was injured '15 and '16. Not nearly as much as I had believed for some reason.

So I am recanting somewhat. Not a first & second. But still some contingency if he ends up on PUP with back issues.
No one has ever "had" a bad back.
Once bad..always bad.

I guess I would say the same about Jimmy G though of the risk negates some of his value. He has started just a few games and got injured in just that short time span. Yes he played well but there have been lots of players to play well for a few games and then be nothing. Look at Nick Foles. Threw 7 touchdowns in a single game tying the record. He had a QB rating of 119.2 over a 10 game stretch. Teams caught up to what he can and can't do and well he is on his 4th team in what 4 years now? So plenty of risk where at least you know with Watt he is a HOF player when healthy. That is why to me the Patriots even just getting Watt for Jimmy G straight up would still be a steal.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I would say the same about Jimmy G though of the risk negates some of his value. He has started just a few games and got injured in just that short time span. Yes he played well but there have been lots of players to play well for a few games and then be nothing. Look at Nick Foles. Threw 7 touchdowns in a single game tying the record. He had a QB rating of 119.2 over a 10 game stretch. Teams caught up to what he can and can't do and well he is on his 4th team in what 4 years now? So plenty of risk where at least you know with Watt he is a HOF player when healthy. That is why to me the Patriots even just getting Watt for Jimmy G straight up would still be a steal.

Jimmy is athletic, smart and trainable.

Can't train your way out of a bad back.