• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If You Traded Garapolo

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garapolo hasn't proven he can be a reliable starter in the NFL as he has been predominantly just a clipboard carrier behind Brady. Romo has proven he's one of the best QB's in the NFL.
Best is certainly a subjective term that you can use to describe him but I won't. Not sure if I were a GM if I'd waste dollars on Romo who couldn't even get his starting job back from a rookie, or take a much less expensive chance on a potential franchise QB?
Romo is a hard sneeze away from being on the IR again.
Actually if I were a GM I would go the Jimmy G route all day.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best is certainly a subjective term that you can use to describe him but I won't. Not sure if I were a GM if I'd waste dollars on Romo who couldn't even get his starting job back from a rookie, or take a much less expensive chance on a potential franchise QB?
Romo is a hard sneeze away from being on the IR again.
Actually if I were a GM I would go the Jimmy G route all day.
Garapolo has not had any significant playing time and is still an unproven commodity. I remember another Brady backup that proved to be nothing but fools gold.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Romo has more market value than Garapolo.
Uh.... Hell no he doesn't. Not even close. The cowboys will be lucky to get any compensation for Romo. I think he gets cut, unless the cowboys pay most of his salary and get something small in return. He's too old and injury prone. Not a chance in hell JG leaves NE for anything less than a 2nd round pick.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh.... Hell no he doesn't. Not even close. The cowboys will be lucky to get any compensation for Romo. I think he gets cut. Not a chance in hell JG leaves NE for anything less than a 2nd round pick.
You've been a Bears fan too long. Delusion has set in.... :D

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo would be no better than Cutler on the bears. I know crap QBs and Romo is a hair above a crap QB.
You being a Bears fan obviously know squat about football. The Bears organization is probably the most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL just barely above Cleveland and Minnesota.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You being a Bears fan obviously know squat about football. The Bears organization is probably the most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL just barely above Cleveland and Minnesota.
You being a cowboys fan, obviously you're a tool, a moron, and a homer, so there's absolutely no hope for an intelligent debate.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You being a cowboys fan, obviously you're a tool, a moron, and a homer, so there's absolutely no hope for an intelligent debate.
You obviously are unaware that the Cowboys have the biggest fan base in the NFL. As far as having an intelligent debate, a field mouse has more intelligence than you do.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garapolo has not had any significant playing time and is still an unproven commodity. I remember another Brady backup that proved to be nothing but fools gold.
I also remember Ryan Leaf.
The draft is a gamble. So even a small sample gives GMs something. Again if the GM isn't sure bring him in on his final year to see? You lose the draft pick but again it may have been a bust anyway? After 2017 if you're still unsure tag him.
Minus losing a pick if a team took Romo I don't see any advantage. Romo is not a teams future.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh.... Hell no he doesn't. Not even close. The cowboys will be lucky to get any compensation for Romo. I think he gets cut, unless the cowboys pay most of his salary and get something small in return. He's too old and injury prone. Not a chance in hell JG leaves NE for anything less than a 2nd round pick.
Thatxs for sure JG was a 2nd round pick. In this class he's a 1st round pick (probably 1st QB off the board). I still think NE gets a 1st (+). If they take a 2nd for him this year it's coming with multiple other picks or players.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also remember Ryan Leaf.
The draft is a gamble. So even a small sample gives GMs something. Again if the GM isn't sure bring him in on his final year to see? You lose the draft pick but again it may have been a bust anyway? After 2017 if you're still unsure tag him.
Minus losing a pick if a team took Romo I don't see any advantage. Romo is not a teams future.
Romo can be a valuable asset for teams like Denver & Houston which are a QB away from a possible SB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo can be a valuable asset for teams like Denver & Houston which are a QB away from a possible SB.
He's also a liability to teams. Old, expensive, injury prone...
Remind me again how he'd be such a valuable asset to a playoff/SB team. It's not like he has an outstanding playoff track record.
Stop being such a homer. Romo was a nice QB on some very good teams. He couldn't start over an aging Bledsoe till Drew was done. He couldn't take his starting position back from Prescott. He's no where near the value you're trying to build him up to be.
Could he still win a SB sure. Guys like Dilfer and the Manning's have won SBs. Eli is what he is. Peyton was awesome but Denver's D won his last SB. So yes Romo on the right team could possibly win a SB. We don't know how he'd handle the SB pressure? It's all up to what a GM wants to give up for him. If it's me I'm lowballing the shit out of him for all the reasons I mentioned.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously are unaware that the Cowboys have the biggest fan base in the NFL. As far as having an intelligent debate, a field mouse has more intelligence than you do.
I'm not unaware of that. That also doesn't refute my statement at all. And you're retarded compared to me, so a field mouse must make your intelligence seem like that of a rock's.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not unaware of that. That also doesn't refute my statement at all. And you're retarded compared to me, so a field mouse must make your intelligence seem like that of a rock's.
giphy.gif

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me again how he'd be such a valuable asset to a playoff/SB team. It's not like he has an outstanding playoff track record.
Stop being such a homer.
I'm being very objective concerning Romo. He has been a solid QB in this league while Garafolo has virtually done nothing but carry a clipboard and seen spot action. It seems to me that you're the homer here.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm being very objective concerning Romo. He has been a solid QB in this league while Garafolo has virtually done nothing but carry a clipboard and seen spot action. It seems to me that you're the homer here.
I agreed he's been a good QB on good teams tgatxs oft injured and hasn't been able to take his team to the promise land. There are lots of good QBs out there that are younger, less expensive and as polished as Romo.

It's not only me touting Garappalo. Just open any sports page. He's shown the potential. That's less risk then an unknown draft pick and considering the cost, injury history, lack of big game wins smart money takes Jimmy G over Romo.

I even went as far as saying Romo, If all the planets alligned could still win a big game before he retires. Well not in so many words but that was the gist of it.

You're about as objective as your Romo pajamas and lunch box are.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done feeding the troll.
Go easy on him. He's feeling a little inadequate that Jimmy G has almost as many playoff appearances as his hero Romo does. The big difference is Jimmy G is undefeated in his appearance and has two rings. Romo is 2-6 and 0.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go easy on him. He's feeling a little inadequate that Jimmy G has almost as many playoff appearances as his hero Romo does. The big difference is Jimmy G is undefeated in his appearance and has two rings. Romo is 2-6 and 0.
Yeah, he's pretty special if he thinks an aging and injury prone middle of the road QB is worth more than a young promising QB with almost his whole playing career ahead of him. Romo is a fill in at this point in his career. Nobody is going to sign or trade for him thinking he will be their QB of the future. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a blind cowboy homer.