• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Winston is done, who do you want to face Bama in the title game?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are focusing on the trees ... my guess is the human voters will focus on the forest. Something like, "Jeez ... FSU is no on their 3rd string QB ... can they give us a competitive NC game with a 3rd string QB ... I'm thinking not." Then up goes Baylor, down goes FSU. I'm not saying it will happen, or that it would be right to do so. Just saying I can see adjustments being made with the idea that FSU without the Heisman front runner isn't the same team.

Well when people talk about drop off you have to look at the whole offensive unit. Not just a singular person. If the voters cannot see that he performs better with the 1st string guys like any QB would due to the experience. Then that is their prerogative. I am trying to get through to people that Maguire is not a scrub as some would make him out to be. He can ball. Is he a Jameis Winston? Nope, but at the same time NOBODY in the country is a Jameis Winston. That is why he is leading in some of the categories he does like Pass efficiency, Third down efficiency, and efficiency against the blitz. A lot of that success has to do with the unit around him which everyone has stated. They are pretty damn good too. I have a hard time fathoming people moving them down when LSU had the absolute worst starting QB ever two years ago play the entire game. Could not throw for shit, but they kept them at their ranking because of the forest(I.E. entire team).

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when people talk about drop off you have to look at the whole offensive unit. Not just a singular person. If the voters cannot see that he performs better with the 1st string guys like any QB would due to the experience. Then that is their prerogative. I am trying to get through to people that Maguire is not a scrub as some would make him out to be. He can ball. Is he a Jameis Winston? Nope, but at the same time NOBODY in the country is a Jameis Winston. That is why he is leading in some of the categories he does like Pass efficiency, Third down efficiency, and efficiency against the blitz. A lot of that success has to do with the unit around him which everyone has stated. They are pretty damn good too. I have a hard time fathoming people moving them down when LSU had the absolute worst starting QB ever two years ago play the entire game. Could not throw for shit, but they kept them at their ranking because of the forest(I.E. entire team).
- You kind of make their argument for them ... Winston is so good, most people aren't going to think the 3rd string QB can do what he does, not matter the tools are around him.

- With all due respect, you have no idea how good the 3rd string QB is. History tells us that if he has to replace a Heisman front runner, there will be a large drop off in performance.

- The LSU comparison isn't valid ... they were good with a crappy QB and played with a crappy QB all season. The problem here is a perceived drop off due to the loss of the arguably no. 1 QB in the land at the end of the season. It would be particularly bad if FSU struggles against UF and Duke (without Winston).

I'm really not try to bust your balls. I just think it is going to be an interesting development if he gets suspended.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- You kind of make their argument for them ... Winston is so good, most people aren't going to think the 3rd string QB can do what he does, not matter the tools are around him.

- With all due respect, you have no idea how good the 3rd string QB is. History tells us that if he has to replace a Heisman front runner, there will be a large drop off in performance.

- The LSU comparison isn't valid ... they were good with a crappy QB and played with a crappy QB all season. The problem here is a perceived drop off due to the loss of the arguably no. 1 QB in the land at the end of the season. It would be particularly bad if FSU struggles against UF and Duke (without Winston).

I'm really not try to bust your balls. I just think it is going to be an interesting development if he gets suspended.

Did not take it as you trying to bust my balls. It may be an interesting development, but still a flawed on in my eye before the suspension happens and Maguire plays a full game with the 1st string guys. Speculating without seeing him play by the voters would be bad on their part. But we are all giving our opinions and we all know what those are compared to.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not take it as you trying to bust my balls. It may be an interesting development, but still a flawed on in my eye before the suspension happens and Maguire plays a full game with the 1st string guys. Speculating without seeing him play by the voters would be bad on their part. But we are all giving our opinions and we all know what those are compared to.

Wonder if fsu plans on giving him tons of playing time this week. Might as well. It seems a sure thing this is going to court/winstons gonna get charged at some point.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if fsu plans on giving him tons of playing time this week. Might as well. It seems a sure thing this is going to court/winstons gonna get charged at some point.

Winston took all of the first team snaps this week. So I imagine Maguire will get the second half again.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With testimony of victim and physical evidence they already have enough for grand jury indictment if the DA wanted to go. Only need PC for that.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With testimony of victim and physical evidence they already have enough for grand jury indictment if the DA wanted to go. Only need PC for that.

Umm that is IF the physical evidence(I.E. SANE exam) shows the sex was forced. Also if you take the alleged victim's attorney at her word she must have been asked by Willie Meggs to recant her story. Because in the latest stories Patricia Campbell is quoted as saying her client "Won't recant". That show that in her interview with the SA the question was asked.

YOu have some new information that nobody else does?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you even need a grand jury in Fla on this charge, the SA just has to file the charges. - And I wouldnt assume it was the SA attorney asking her to recant, unless there is some other evidence I dont know about.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm that is IF the physical evidence(I.E. SANE exam) shows the sex was forced. Also if you take the alleged victim's attorney at her word she must have been asked by Willie Meggs to recant her story. Because in the latest stories Patricia Campbell is quoted as saying her client "Won't recant". That show that in her interview with the SA the question was asked.

YOu have some new information that nobody else does?

I don't. I just know that I've testified in similar cases where its just the victims side and it's enough with the semen and her story for PC

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you even need a grand jury in Fla on this charge, the SA just has to file the charges. - And I wouldnt assume it was the SA attorney asking her to recant, unless there is some other evidence I dont know about.

Actually in FL the SA can go to a Grand Jury or file charges himself. It is at the discretion of the SA. But he stated that he would not go to the Grand Jury. Either way he would have to provide the same proof to the Grand Jury.

As far as her comment. It was right after her client was interviewed by the SA's office. As far as evidence. There is supposedly a 2nd DNA sample that was found in the alleged victim's underwear. In the video that I posted from the SA's interview yesterday he was specifically asked if there were "two attackers". The SA hemmed and hawed about that question and then stated that he will not answer that question because it could give evidence out.

The "speculation" and take it for what it is worth is that the 2nd DNA sample is from the alleged victim's roommate. There was also a subpoena for another DNA swab of someone not named. Who the hell knows.

All I know is that her attorney made the statement after she was interviewed by the SA's office.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually in FL the SA can go to a Grand Jury or file charges himself. It is at the discretion of the SA. But he stated that he would not go to the Grand Jury. Either way he would have to provide the same proof to the Grand Jury.

As far as her comment. It was right after her client was interviewed by the SA's office. As far as evidence. There is supposedly a 2nd DNA sample that was found in the alleged victim's underwear. In the video that I posted from the SA's interview yesterday he was specifically asked if there were "two attackers". The SA hemmed and hawed about that question and then stated that he will not answer that question because it could give evidence out.

The "speculation" and take it for what it is worth is that the 2nd DNA sample is from the alleged victim's roommate. There was also a subpoena for another DNA swab of someone not named. Who the hell knows.

All I know is that her attorney made the statement after she was interviewed by the SA's office.

This is a point Ive been confused on, did this supposedly happen at her apartment or his?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because my understanding was that it was his roommate and that the police didnt question or take dna from him.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. I just know that I've testified in similar cases where its just the victims side and it's enough with the semen and her story for PC

Different state with different rules of evidence. Should not claim that what can happen in CA can happen in FL.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a point Ive been confused on, did this supposedly happen at her apartment or his?

Supposedly at his(all rumors), but nobody really knows because there was no address on the police report and it has not been released exactly where it took place.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly at his(all rumors), but nobody really knows because there was no address on the police report and it has not been released exactly where it took place.

Assuming it was his apartment, then why would finding her roommates DNA matter as long as Winston's was found?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because my understanding was that it was his roommate and that the police didnt question or take dna from him.

Again the speculation is that the DNA is from her roommate. The only mention of his roommate is that he is one of the witnesses who signed an affidavit and has been interviewed. And before anyone tries to claim they got their stories together. The signed affidavit according to Winston's attorney was taken and signed LONG before this came up last week.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming it was his apartment, then why would finding her roommates DNA matter as long as Winston's was found?

The DNA found was in her underwear. In other words if it is her roommate's DNA it could mean there was a 3-some. Otherwise how do you explain her roommates DNA in her underwear along with Winston's?

I am not saying this is the case just that this is the speculation.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different state with different rules of evidence. Should not claim that what can happen in CA can happen in FL.

Oregon actually. Was State Trooper before 9/11 and recalled to active duty.

The differences would have to be astronomical. All you need is probable cause.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again the speculation is that the DNA is from her roommate. The only mention of his roommate is that he is one of the witnesses who signed an affidavit and has been interviewed. And before anyone tries to claim they got their stories together. The signed affidavit according to Winston's attorney was taken and signed LONG before this came up last week.

Ok, so I ask again why that would be relevant as long as Winston's DNA was present? Im not even following the reason for the 'rumor' here because it seems to mean nothing for either side.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, Winston may be innocent after everything is sorted out.

but I'll tell you what, that officer that tried to advise the victim to not go thru with pressing charges due to it being a football town and the aspect of an FSU star involved, that guy needs to be fired.