• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Winston is done, who do you want to face Bama in the title game?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Baylor or Oregon. I've seen Ohio State fail too many times against the SEC that another match up wouldn't excite me. I understand that they would probably be a deserving team under the current rules just like Notre Dame last year, but like Notre Dame last year, I think that the Buckeyes would be over matched.

If FSU doesn't have Winston, then I can't see them having a chance against Bama.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I ask again why that would be relevant as long as Winston's DNA was present? Im not even following the reason for the 'rumor' here because it seems to mean nothing for either side.

Can someone give me a quick summary? In the news yesterday, I read that Winston's DNA was found on the accuser's underwear. So now there is a rumor about a roommate's DNA?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon actually. Was State Trooper before 9/11 and recalled to active duty.

The differences would have to be astronomical. All you need is probable cause.

Incorrect. The SA himself has stated that for all cases he MUST and I am quoting him from his interview.

"If it does indeed turn out to be a he said/she said one says its consensual, the other says it wasn't are you gonna sort that out or are you gonna let a jury sort that out? 'An arrest can be made based on probable cause-- we have a standard under our rules of criminal procedures that before we file a case, we should have what we call a reasonable likelihood of conviction. In other words, that's an elevated degree of probable cause, uhm, and that's the standard that we use in every case that we file on.."

Notice the bold. DIfferent for the SA than the PD.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's his office policy. Can't say I think it's wrong. I always thought PC at a grand jury was too low of a burden. Especially when all you get is one side.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I ask again why that would be relevant as long as Winston's DNA was present? Im not even following the reason for the 'rumor' here because it seems to mean nothing for either side.

IF they had a 3-some please tell me how he sexually assaulted her? That is why the 2nd DNA result is needed to know for a fact. Also if there was NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE from the "r*pe kit" how does one claim sexual assault?

Not sure how to state this for you to understand. I think we are communicating on different wavelengths so to speak.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's his office policy. Can't say I think it's wrong. I always thought PC at a grand jury was too low of a burden. Especially when all you get is one side.

No that is the STATE's policy. Not his particular office.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone give me a quick summary? In the news yesterday, I read that Winston's DNA was found on the accuser's underwear. So now there is a rumor about a roommate's DNA?

Yes there has been subpoenas that were issued on Wednesday for more witnesses and a subpoena was signed for a DNA test on a 3rd person. Person is unknown, but rumored to be the girls roommate.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that is the STATE's policy. Not his particular office.

Cool. As I said, I like it. Should in my opinion be a greater level of proof than PC. That's really simple to reach.

Florida doing something right!

By the way, I'm all for just the truth coming out. If he raped her hang him up by his balls. If she made this shot up she needs to be made an example of too. According to stays on r*pe cases reported about 5% are false. Those 5% hurt real victims.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF they had a 3-some please tell me how he sexually assaulted her? That is why the 2nd DNA result is needed to know for a fact. Also if there was NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE from the "r*pe kit" how does one claim sexual assault?

Not sure how to state this for you to understand. I think we are communicating on different wavelengths so to speak.

Did the release the results of her exam because if they did that is news to me? Also, youre assuming it had to result from a threesome when common sense dictates that to be a bit of a reach. I mean if it was her roommate and the DNA was there it could have easily gotten there at any time. That's exactly the kind of BS trash I am talking about that is coming out of FSU right now.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. As I said, I like it. Should in my opinion be a greater level of proof than PC. That's really simple to reach.

Florida doing something right!

By the way, I'm all for just the truth coming out. If he raped her hang him up by his balls. If she made this shot up she needs to be made an example of too. According to stays on r*pe cases reported about 5% are false. Those 5% hurt real victims.

Right there with you to the bold. Have said that from the beginning.

As far as FLorida doing something right. They need to do something because the state has so much egg on their face from blown prosecutions.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the release the results of her exam because if they did that is news to me? Also, youre assuming it had to result from a threesome when common sense dictates that to be a bit of a reach. I mean if it was her roommate and the DNA was there it could have easily gotten there at any time. That's exactly the kind of BS trash I am talking about that is coming out of FSU right now.

They have not released the results of the kit. Also I prefaced every single thing with the SPECULATION and that I am not saying that the speculation is fact. If you do not like what some people are saying sorry. Cannot control people from saying things that you do not like and neither can I. Like the Alabama student over on Disney in the comments section of EVERY Winston article claiming anyone who says to wait and let the facts come out are "Defending rapists". ANd his little cohort that works at the Huntsville NASA lab who is parroting his every word. I do not like the crap they say, but I am not condemning them for it.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have not released the results of the kit. Also I prefaced every single thing with the SPECULATION and that I am not saying that the speculation is fact. If you do not like what some people are saying sorry. Cannot control people from saying things that you do not like and neither can I. Like the Alabama student over on Disney in the comments section of EVERY Winston article claiming anyone who says to wait and let the facts come out are "Defending rapists". ANd his little cohort that works at the Huntsville NASA lab who is parroting his every word. I do not like the crap they say, but I am not condemning them for it.

Actually, anyone that certain at this point except or him and her should be condemned because they are either liars or idiots and we should be out to stigmatize both.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, anyone that certain at this point except or him and her should be condemned because they are either liars or idiots and we should be out to stigmatize both.

Those types of people already stigmatize themselves when they open their mouth. Why tell them something that they already know? Waste of my energy and breath to do so. Just laugh at them and move on.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, Winston may be innocent after everything is sorted out.

but I'll tell you what, that officer that tried to advise the victim to not go thru with pressing charges due to it being a football town and the aspect of an FSU star involved, that guy needs to be fired.

I spoke with 3 people I personally know in law enforcement. My uncle who was the county sheriff for 30 yrs, my cousin who has been a detective for 12 yrs, and my next door neighbor who is a retired county detective and the current DA's investigator. They all said the same thing when shown the statement from the family. I am quoting them "it was taken out of context by the attorney". The reason being is that in sexual assault cases they are to advise the alleged victim of what can possibly happen if they do go forward. They say it is not pressure, but telling the inevitable fact of what will happen. They also said that if the detective did threaten her he should be fired and brought up on charges, but they all said it was most likely taken out of context.

Maybe yeodonie can let us know if this is true since he is in law enforcement.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I read the statement I took it to be a warning of what can happen not a warning to not move forward.

However I don't have body language or tone and delivery to help put in context

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke with 3 people I personally know in law enforcement. My uncle who was the county sheriff for 30 yrs, my cousin who has been a detective for 12 yrs, and my next door neighbor who is a retired county detective and the current DA's investigator. They all said the same thing when shown the statement from the family. I am quoting them "it was taken out of context by the attorney". The reason being is that in sexual assault cases they are to advise the alleged victim of what can possibly happen if they do go forward. They say it is not pressure, but telling the inevitable fact of what will happen. They also said that if the detective did threaten her he should be fired and brought up on charges, but they all said it was most likely taken out of context.

Maybe yeodonie can let us know if this is true since he is in law enforcement.

Eeek. I was hoping theyd just deny it.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eeek. I was hoping theyd just deny it.

Deny what? The fact that are obligated to inform the alleged victim what could possibly happen? Just let her make the allegations against whomever and then have the backlash from other people even if the accusation is true?

Look up at yeodonie's post. he is in law enforcement. Look at what he thought the statement from the alleged victim's attorney meant.