• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Winston is done, who do you want to face Bama in the title game?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last year, Athlon Sports did a Top 15 Most Unethical Programs in College Football History

on the list;

Florida State
The Seminoles encountered two scandals under former coach Bobby Bowden. A sports agent bought more than $6,000 worth of shoes for Florida State players in 1993, putting the program on probation for a year. The Seminoles ran into NCAA trouble once again in 2007, as 61 players from 10 sports were implicated in an academic scandal. Florida State’s football program was forced to vacate 12 wins and six scholarships.

Alabama
Mike DuBose took over at Alabama after a successful run by Gene Stallings, but the program recorded only two bowl appearances under his watch. The highlight of DuBose’s tenure was a 10-3 record in 1999 but that year also brought plenty of controversy. Alabama booster Logan Young paid Means’ high school coach to have the top recruit join the Crimson Tide, which brought on an extensive hit from the NCAA. Alabama was banned for two years from postseason play and were forced to reduce 21 scholarships. This incident wasn’t the only one in recent years for the Crimson Tide, as the program was forced to vacate 21 wins from 2005-07 as a result of a textbook scandal.

15 Most Unethical Programs in College Football History | AthlonSports.com

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hasn't Bama been busted this year under Nick Saban for paying two 5-star recruits in DJ Fluker and HaHa Dix?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last year, Athlon Sports did a Top 15 Most Unethical Programs in College Football History

on the list;

Florida State
The Seminoles encountered two scandals under former coach Bobby Bowden. A sports agent bought more than $6,000 worth of shoes for Florida State players in 1993, putting the program on probation for a year. The Seminoles ran into NCAA trouble once again in 2007, as 61 players from 10 sports were implicated in an academic scandal. Florida State’s football program was forced to vacate 12 wins and six scholarships.

Alabama
Mike DuBose took over at Alabama after a successful run by Gene Stallings, but the program recorded only two bowl appearances under his watch. The highlight of DuBose’s tenure was a 10-3 record in 1999 but that year also brought plenty of controversy. Alabama booster Logan Young paid Means’ high school coach to have the top recruit join the Crimson Tide, which brought on an extensive hit from the NCAA. Alabama was banned for two years from postseason play and were forced to reduce 21 scholarships. This incident wasn’t the only one in recent years for the Crimson Tide, as the program was forced to vacate 21 wins from 2005-07 as a result of a textbook scandal.

15 Most Unethical Programs in College Football History | AthlonSports.com

How is Auburn not on here? they are 3rd in years sanctioned only behind SMU and USC and #1 in seasons banned from bowls

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jameis is out for the rest of the year and FSU still goes unbeaten, they still won't get jumped. If (and I think this is nearly a 0% chance) he is out and they get upset by Idaho, what used to be Florida, or whichever BS team comes from the other division, then OSU should be next up. Better resume than Baylor, better wins, actually had to play in a CCG, and to be frank, they're a more deserving program (assuming both win out).
This raises two interesting issues:

1. This year, I am not sure you are correct. Don't put it past the human polls to make the adjustment such that if Baylor were to win out big, and Winston get kicked off or suspended, they might pull past them. 5 years ago UGa was 3rd, 1 and 2 lost, and UGa dropped to no. 5 because we weren't going to play in the SECCG. I saw FSU's backup QB in the Wake game ... it wasn't pretty.

2. Next year, what would the committee do? They said one of the considerations was late season injuries. This fits into that ... can you see the committee saying, without Winston FSU doesn't have a chance and then dropping them out of the top 4? Whoa! But, could you blame them?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. This year, I am not sure you are correct. Don't put it past the human polls to make the adjustment such that if Baylor were to win out big, and Winston get kicked off or suspended, they might pull past them. 5 years ago UGa was 3rd, 1 and 2 lost, and UGa dropped to no. 5 because we weren't going to play in the SECCG. I saw FSU's backup QB in the Wake game ... it wasn't pretty.

2. Next year, what would the committee do? They said one of the considerations was late season injuries. This fits into that ... can you see the committee saying, without Winston FSU doesn't have a chance and then dropping them out of the top 4? Whoa! But, could you blame them?

1. Baylor will have to win their last 2 games by 50+ each, IMO, for that to happen. I get the Baylor hype and the ra ra. It's a great story, and it's cool seeing the former dormat now as the unquestioned best team in that conference. That said, I am not buying in yet. The Big 12 is really, really bad this year. Okie State is definitely the 2nd best team and I think it's by a wide margin, but even they aren't that great. Baylor has the offensive playmakers to put up big numbers against nobodies in OOC and in one of the worst defensive conferences in the nation, but teams like Alabama, Florida State, Stanford, Michigan State, etc. would give them serious issues because they actually would punch them in the mouth, something nobody Baylor has played is even remotely capable of. Plus, teams like Ohio State and Oregon, who can run with Baylor on offense and have way better defenses than anything Baylor has faced this season, are also better options IMO.

2. This actually is a really good point. Would this count as an injury? What if he missed the rest of the regular season but was ruled eligible for bowl season. Would they re-evaluate since FSU was unfairly placed in their bowl due to circumstances that ended up not being true? That is a serious conundrum.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually you saw both back ups FSU had at the time in the Wake game. Maguire who is now the #1 backup played for 2 series and threw two passes. Going for 11 yards with 1 reception and one drop. Coker who was the #1 backup and played all but those two series went 4-9 for 37 yds.

Now when he played the entire 2nd half of the Syracuse game he went 3-5 for 21 yds with a TD and an INT. His INT was due to his arm being hit(not an excuse just what happened on the play).

Hard to say for a fact what you put in bold, but to each their own. Especially when there were two backups and I am pretty sure you would not know the difference between the two is you saw them on the field.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if FSU is undefeated after beating Idaho and a non bowl eligible Florida team I don't want tgem in the NCG without FJ. If had can't play at tOSU should play Bama if both of them win out.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Baylor will have to win their last 2 games by 50+ each, IMO, for that to happen. I get the Baylor hype and the ra ra. It's a great story, and it's cool seeing the former dormat now as the unquestioned best team in that conference. That said, I am not buying in yet. The Big 12 is really, really bad this year. Okie State is definitely the 2nd best team and I think it's by a wide margin, but even they aren't that great. Baylor has the offensive playmakers to put up big numbers against nobodies in OOC and in one of the worst defensive conferences in the nation, but teams like Alabama, Florida State, Stanford, Michigan State, etc. would give them serious issues because they actually would punch them in the mouth, something nobody Baylor has played is even remotely capable of. Plus, teams like Ohio State and Oregon, who can run with Baylor on offense and have way better defenses than anything Baylor has faced this season, are also better options IMO.

2. This actually is a really good point. Would this count as an injury? What if he missed the rest of the regular season but was ruled eligible for bowl season. Would they re-evaluate since FSU was unfairly placed in their bowl due to circumstances that ended up not being true? That is a serious conundrum.

Nice job slipping a Big 10 team that hasn't beaten a ranked team into the picture!

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:
Nice job slipping a Big 10 team that hasn't beaten a ranked team into the picture!

...who is universally acknowledged for having one of, if not the best defense in the nation. Are you ever able to stop trolling?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say for a fact what you put in bold, but to each their own. Especially when there were two backups and I am pretty sure you would not know the difference between the two is you saw them on the field.
In other words, both your backups sucked in the Wake game. I was at the game ... neither played well. I realize it is just one game, but from what I saw, there was a serious drop off. And this was Wake.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, both your backups sucked in the Wake game. I was at the game ... neither played well. I realize it is just one game, but from what I saw, there was a serious drop off. And this was Wake.

Seam Maguire played for TWO series and he played with the entire 2nd string and only threw two passes. How can you make a decision on such a small sample size in my point. He was playing with none of the starters.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Baylor get a shot. Not that I think they are the #2 country in America it just would be cool to see a little new blood get a shot at it.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seam Maguire played for TWO series and he played with the entire 2nd string and only threw two passes. How can you make a decision on such a small sample size in my point. He was playing with none of the starters.
Fair statement, but the drop off was noticeable. My son and I - we were there pulling for FSU as he is a fan - both commented to each other that the backup QB didn't look very good. He threw a couple passes that were batted down, and several that weren't close to the receiver. Just my observation. Will be interesting to see what the voters think, should he be suspended.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually Baylor runs the same offense as A&M does and we know Bama has struggled stopping this type of offense. Now I don't know how good Baylors defensive playmakers are at stopping the run, though what I saw against the Sooners tells me they can.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair statement, but the drop off was noticeable. My son and I - we were there pulling for FSU as he is a fan - both commented to each other that the backup QB didn't look very good. He threw a couple passes that were batted down, and several that weren't close to the receiver. Just my observation. Will be interesting to see what the voters think, should he be suspended.

To the bold. That was Jacob Coker who is no longer playing due to having Meniscus surgery last week. That is who you are thinking about. Sean Maguire who is now the backup threw exactly two passes the entire game. Again you are thinking of the wrong backup. Coker is the one who had his passes batted down. Not Maguire.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is going to lose to Oregon State, rivalry game.
Florida State is going to lose Winston when he is charged and loses to Duke in CCG.
Baylor loses to OKState this weekend.
Ok State gets upset by Oklahoma.
Auburn loses to Bama.
Missouri loses to Bama in CCG.

Making way for Michigan State to jump Stanford as MSU curb stomps Ohio State in the Big10 CCG.

Hey, it could happen.
tumblr_me7r5khbUD1rpqwk9o1_500.gif

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the bold. That was Jacob Coker who is no longer playing due to having Meniscus surgery last week. That is who you are thinking about. Sean Maguire who is now the backup threw exactly two passes the entire game. Again you are thinking of the wrong backup. Coker is the one who had his passes batted down. Not Maguire.
That may be so (makes sense because I remember his limping around), but now you are talking about the 3rd string QB. Won't the drop off be even greater? I think this would cause even more concern for the voters.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be so (makes sense because I remember his limping around), but now you are talking about the 3rd string QB. Won't the drop off be even greater? I think this would cause even more concern for the voters.

He was 1-2 for 11 yards in that game. 1 perfect pass the other dropped by the WR. THis past game he was 3-5 for 21 yds a TD and an INT caused by his arm being hit. The 3 catches were with the 1st string guys. The 2 misses and INT came with the 2nd string guys. The 2nd string OL is absolutely horrendous as a unit. The 1st string players help cover up a lot of inexperience. I think the play book with him would be short passes under 20 yds. And more read option because he ran a Wing T offense in high school and is the best runner of the bunch. Will there be dropoff? Yes, but not what people are making it out to be.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 1-2 for 11 yards in that game. 1 perfect pass the other dropped by the WR. THis past game he was 3-5 for 21 yds a TD and an INT caused by his arm being hit. The 3 catches were with the 1st string guys. The 2 misses and INT came with the 2nd string guys. The 2nd string OL is absolutely horrendous as a unit. The 1st string players help cover up a lot of inexperience. I think the play book with him would be short passes under 20 yds. And more read option because he ran a Wing T offense in high school and is the best runner of the bunch. Will there be dropoff? Yes, but not what people are making it out to be.
I think you are focusing on the trees ... my guess is the human voters will focus on the forest. Something like, "Jeez ... FSU is no on their 3rd string QB ... can they give us a competitive NC game with a 3rd string QB ... I'm thinking not." Then up goes Baylor, down goes FSU. I'm not saying it will happen, or that it would be right to do so. Just saying I can see adjustments being made with the idea that FSU without the Heisman front runner isn't the same team.