• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers never face off in a Super Bowl...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but Ive seen this in September from Belichicks defenses, and history tells us that they get better and better, and peak in January

But hey, Im with ya, I hope Rodgers gets there and beats Brady 162-7
:lm:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird but true stat:

From 1998-1994, either the 49ers or the Bills were in the Super Bowl.

And, despite being in different conferences....

they never faced each other in the game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird but true stat:

From 1998-1994, either the 49ers or the Bills were in the Super Bowl.

And, despite being in different conferences....

they never faced each other in the game.

And one was winning and the other was losing...

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. 2 of the best QB's ever and def the 2 best QB's of the past few yrs. I still think we see Pats/Packers this season in the Super Bowl.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you found the 0-35 stat, when he is credited with 11 comebacks and 18 game-winning drives.

As far as the 0-7 in OT, in four of those games he never even had a chance to touch the ball. Kind of hard to call him out for those.

No I understand the OT and was surprised when they blurted out 0-7 and esp before when it was sudden death and a fg wins, or your D gives a TD in OT on first drive. The comebacks and game winning drives seem to be when the score is tied in the 4th Q, not being down. Hey STC I had GB in my Survivor pool and Aaron was clutch with that great throw in endzone with very little time left

One stat shows Aaron Rodgers isn't nearly as clutch as he seems | FOX Sports

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey the Packers defense is top 10 in yards allowed and gve up 17 points yesterday and shut down the opposing team to 3 points in the second half. Young players stepped up and made plays.

Now if we look at the Patriots they are dead last or #32 in points against and #32 in yards against for defense. They wont be playing the Saints and Houston all year I dont think.

Houston I can understand but NO with Brees is a tall task. Pats shitty D made Watson look like Steve Young yesterday. Texans D is pretty good though, only 1 300 yard passer in a few years and held Dalton to 0 td's and team to 9 points

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston I can understand but NO with Brees is a tall task. Pats shitty D made Watson look like Steve Young yesterday. Texans D is pretty good though, only 1 300 yard passer in a few years and held Dalton to 0 td's and team to 9 points

I was referring to the Saints defense not being able to keep a score down.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you found the 0-35 stat, when he is credited with 11 comebacks and 18 game-winning drives.

As far as the 0-7 in OT, in four of those games he never even had a chance to touch the ball. Kind of hard to call him out for those.
I think it was on Ilovetombrady.com You need to look past all the "Why Peyton Manning was overrated" stuff, but it's on there...

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I understand the OT and was surprised when they blurted out 0-7 and esp before when it was sudden death and a fg wins, or your D gives a TD in OT on first drive. The comebacks and game winning drives seem to be when the score is tied in the 4th Q, not being down. Hey STC I had GB in my Survivor pool and Aaron was clutch with that great throw in endzone with very little time left

One stat shows Aaron Rodgers isn't nearly as clutch as he seems | FOX Sports
So that 0-35 doesn't include teams with losing records, or if they are tied or losing by only one point. A 7-9 team actually made the playoffs once, so without looking at all 35 teams/games, that stat could be a bit misleading. Last year the Packers were actually ahead of the Cowboys 28-13 going into the 4th. Then Dallas scored twice to tie. Rodgers gave them the lead again, only to have the Cowboys tie it again before Rodgers finally put the game winning drive together. Also, they trailed the Seahawks by one point going into the 4th two years ago.

It's also of note to mention that he did have plenty of 4th quarter drives to put the Packers ahead in the 4th quarter, only to have the other team respond without giving the Packers enough time to respond again. So I guess Rodgers can be found guilty of scoring too quickly in these cases.

Last edited:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that 0-35 doesn't include teams with losing records, or if they are tied or losing by only one point. A 7-9 team actually made the playoffs once, so without looking at all 35 teams/games, that stat could be a bit misleading. Last year the Packers were actually ahead of the Cowboys 28-13 going into the 4th. Then Dallas scored twice to tie. Rodgers gave them the lead again, only to have the Cowboys tie it again before Rodgers finally put the game winning drive together. Also, the trailed the Seahawks by one point going into the 4th two years ago.

It's also of note to mention that he did have plenty of 4th quarter drives to put the Packers ahead in the 4th quarter, only to have the other team respond without giving the Packers enough time to respond again. So I guess Rodgers can be found guilty of scoring too quickly in these cases.

The original author of that stat...his name is Scott Kacsmar. He's a Peyton Manning fanboi, and anyone who dares pick a QB against him, he goes full bore to sites like pro football reference to find something....anything that remotely proves....something. It was his lifelong ambition to trash Tom Brady on the former KFFL boards....and whenever I got bored, I'd pick his points apart with frightening ease. He was, and still looks to be, incredibly dishonest with his numbers/conclusions because that's just who he is.

Tons of games that were decided in the last minute. No mention of how good Rodgers actually was in those situations, defense giving up an average of 30+ points in those games, etc.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only Reason Rogers doesn't have as many rings as Brady is he has never had a defense like New England's. Time and time again they lose in the playoffs because they can't stop the other team. Remember the Packers losing to Seattle with a 16 point lead and four minutes left? Remember the Packers losing to Arizona TWICE because they just could not stop the Cards from scoring? Now I am NOT belittling Brady, he is a darned good QB. I just think Rogers is a bit better.
It's because Mike McCarthy is a garbage head coach.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that 0-35 doesn't include teams with losing records, or if they are tied or losing by only one point. A 7-9 team actually made the playoffs once, so without looking at all 35 teams/games, that stat could be a bit misleading. Last year the Packers were actually ahead of the Cowboys 28-13 going into the 4th. Then Dallas scored twice to tie. Rodgers gave them the lead again, only to have the Cowboys tie it again before Rodgers finally put the game winning drive together. Also, they trailed the Seahawks by one point going into the 4th two years ago.

My bad your right . I'm not knocking AR by any means one of the QB's ever, there are some things that he does that I wish Brady could. I just like Brady's mental toughness, and he still has a chip on his shoulder and hunger being drafted #199. Some guys that get drafted too early have that entitlement BS to them like a RG3 for instance. Montana was another guy who was drafted in 3rd round, something to prove which he did

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Rodgers?

He's lost to the Falcons 3 times in less than a year. He's old news.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Brady hasn't had stinkers in the playoffs. Would you like to visit the game against Denver after the 2016 season where the Patriots lost 18-20 and Brady threw 2 INTs? Or how about the Super Bowl of the 19-1 season where Brady's offense could only muster 14 points in a 14-17 loss. Could probably bring up a couple of games against Baltimore, too. All QBs have bad games even elite ones. Fortunately, Rodgers and Brady know how to bounce back.
I didn't say Brady didn't have any stinkers. I've seen them all. I know how he played. I was responding to the poster claiming that the Packers lost those games because their defense couldn't stop the Seahawks or Cardinals (both times). Really only true in 1 out of the 3 games against those teams.