• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers never face off in a Super Bowl...

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are just trying to balance the scales here

Its not very often we hear how Brady was bailed out by his defense or kicker, or refs, in Super Bowls, or on the way to Super Bowls, on days he wasn't this all time great
We hear about that all the time. You have 18,000+ posts after all

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both need to really overcome a porous defense

I think Rodgers path will be a really huge task

Hey the Packers defense is top 10 in yards allowed and gve up 17 points yesterday and shut down the opposing team to 3 points in the second half. Young players stepped up and made plays.

Now if we look at the Patriots they are dead last or #32 in points against and #32 in yards against for defense. They wont be playing the Saints and Houston all year I dont think.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey the Packers defense is top 10 in yards allowed and gve up 17 points yesterday and shut down the opposing team to 3 points in the second half. Young players stepped up and made plays.

Now if we look at the Patriots they are dead last or #32 in points against and #32 in yards against for defense. They wont be playing the Saints and Houston all year I dont think.

Fair enough, but Ive seen this in September from Belichicks defenses, and history tells us that they get better and better, and peak in January

But hey, Im with ya, I hope Rodgers gets there and beats Brady 162-7

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but Ive seen this in September from Belichicks defenses, and history tells us that they get better and better, and peak in January

But hey, Im with ya, I hope Rodgers gets there and beats Brady 162-7
Ummm, it was the Bengals, you know the team that hadn't scored a TD until they played the Packers. That stated, every team is a bit of a work in progress since the teams won't look like this in Dec, Jan....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, it was the Bengals, you know the team that hadn't scored a TD until they played the Packers. That stated, every team is a bit of a work in progress since the teams won't look like this in Dec, Jan....

Im not sure what youre getting at......My first statement was that Rodgers overcoming his defense in whats looking like a very tough conference, will be a lot more to ask than Brady overcoming his, in a terribly weak conference

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure what youre getting at......My first statement was that Rodgers overcoming his defense in whats looking like a very tough conference, will be a lot more to ask than Brady overcoming his, in a terribly weak conference
i think hes confused

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was comparing their D's, which in my opinion doesn't mean much. It's early in the year and every game is different. Plus, how teams look and play now is usually different than how they look and play at the end of the year.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are just trying to balance the scales here

Its not very often we hear how Brady was bailed out by his defense or kicker, or refs, in Super Bowls, or on the way to Super Bowls, on days he wasn't this all time great

In all fairness, it also comes down to clutch or comebacks. Rodgers is a great QB, smart and fantastic mobility. Brady is smart, fantastic pocket presence ( because he doesn't have the mobility) and calmness in any situation, doesn't panic. Rodgers finally got the monkey off his back last night by winning his first game in OT and also his first game when being down in 4th Q, was 0-35 before yesterday. The tide has turned and was huge yesterday

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, it also comes down to clutch or comebacks. Rodgers is a great QB, smart and fantastic mobility. Brady is smart, fantastic pocket presence ( because he doesn't have the mobility) and calmness in any situation, doesn't panic. Rodgers finally got the monkey off his back last night by winning his first game in OT and also his first game when being down in 4th Q, was 0-35 before yesterday. The tide has turned and was huge yesterday

What Brady did yesterday was ridonkulous...........Im real curious to see what the future holds for him, and Jimmy, after this season

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but a regulation game is 60 minutes long. Rodgers didn't play particularly well in either of those games. Blaming the defense when they held the Seahawks and Cardinals to 22 and 20 points in regulation respectively? Doesn't seem unbiased.
It's not like Brady hasn't had stinkers in the playoffs. Would you like to visit the game against Denver after the 2016 season where the Patriots lost 18-20 and Brady threw 2 INTs? Or how about the Super Bowl of the 19-1 season where Brady's offense could only muster 14 points in a 14-17 loss. Could probably bring up a couple of games against Baltimore, too. All QBs have bad games even elite ones. Fortunately, Rodgers and Brady know how to bounce back.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you found the 0-35 stat, when he is credited with 11 comebacks and 18 game-winning drives.

As far as the 0-7 in OT, in four of those games he never even had a chance to touch the ball. Kind of hard to call him out for those.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Brady did yesterday was ridonkulous...........Im real curious to see what the future holds for him, and Jimmy, after this season
he also got VERY lucky on a couple of potential fumbles (one that cost them 6) and that late INT drop at the 3.

i held my breath.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he also got VERY lucky on a couple of potential fumbles (one that cost them 6) and that late INT drop at the 3.

i held my breath.

You definitely watch those game naked

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still say brady walks after this year...but...would NOT be shocked if they franchise jimmy for a year with the understanding this is HIS team in 2019. rodgers sat until he was 25. steve young took over at 31. jimmy will be on the verge of 28 then.

gut says brady retires this year tho.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those 2 ever meet in a Super Bowl it will be a high scoring slobberknocker.

And after every 4th quarter score, the guys will look at the clock and say, we left too much time.