• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If the Cowboys move on......where does Romo play next season?

Where does Romo play next season

• Total voters

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings will give their 1st round picks in 2018 and 2019 for him.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for Romo to step foot in Cleveland, or any other team with a shit roster. He'll want to win. I say Denver if they can beef up the line.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland?

Man they don't pay ANYBODY there......they certainly aren't paying his salary. My guess is if you see Miami make a move with Tannehill then they'll make a push for Romo.

Denver is developing Paxton.......I don't think they'll go after another QB. Maybe Arizona if Palmer retires. Chiefs probably aren't looking to keep Alex Smith longterm either.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retire; He's 36 and is having big time injury concerns every year it seems like.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time Romo made it to the playoffs was in 2014, before that it was 2009. Romo's record in the playoffs is not all that good. I think his record is 2-4 in the playoffs. Romo was a solid QB in his day, but he was not great.
Problem is not every failure is Romos fault, like you media mice see to believe. The team failed, not just Romo.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is not every failure is Romos fault, like you media mice see to believe. The team failed, not just Romo.
Yeah you're right, sometimes the QB gets too much credit and then sometimes he takes too much blame from the media. That happens to any good player.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id hate to see him play for the Bears.

Really have no idea what it'd be like to see them have a QB.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a wild guess and say Chicago.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And really the whole Romo situation comes down to 1 thing for me. How much is he going to cost? Is he going to be cut or do we have to trade a premium pick to get him? How much of the money is Dallas willing to take on compared to the Broncos? We ran into this already when San Fran was trying to trade Kaepernick. The 49ers wanted the Broncos to take on more of the cap hit and the Broncos refused. They saw his value at around $7 million a season where the 49ers wanted the Broncos to cover $12 million. If we can get him at say $10 million a year then yeah I would be more than willing to see what he can do. Much more than that and the risk is way too much in my opinion.
1st thing I really hope we kept Romo for next season, whether for insurance if Dak gets hurt or he goes into a sophomore slump, since I think if all goes well next year will be the Cowboys superbowl push (not this year). Most superbowl teams needed a good back up to get there (butt fumble is not it) or lucky enough not to need the back up at all. If Romo goes to another team it will be because the Cowboys cut him. Which means his current contract means squat to the broncos. I know the Broncos is high on Paxton, but this is the time of now for that defense to get back to the superbowl. So if they felt he needed a lil more seasoning & Romo was available for a 1 or 2 year contract (like the broncos did with Manning originally) Don't see why they wouldn't jump at it. So worse case scenario he ends up getting hurt half way through the season next year & Paxton gets that lil more seasoning. As I said it is a good thing to have a very capable back up. Whether Paxton or romo finished the season, you would have a very capable back up. Romo's current contract would have no barring on the broncos.

With that said I could only see the Broncos, Vikings or Cardinals being a team he goes too. Unless the Chiefs did something unexpected with Alex Smith. Chiefs has a serious running game, bad ass TE, & a bad ass defense. Romo could complete a team like that (while healthy) but don't expect a change at QB in KC.

EliteEliNYG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel it will be the Jets. Their QB situation is so bad and I feel they will make a desperate move to get him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st thing I really hope we kept Romo for next season, whether for insurance if Dak gets hurt or he goes into a sophomore slump, since I think if all goes well next year will be the Cowboys superbowl push (not this year). Most superbowl teams needed a good back up to get there (butt fumble is not it) or lucky enough not to need the back up at all. If Romo goes to another team it will be because the Cowboys cut him. Which means his current contract means squat to the broncos. I know the Broncos is high on Paxton, but this is the time of now for that defense to get back to the superbowl. So if they felt he needed a lil more seasoning & Romo was available for a 1 or 2 year contract (like the broncos did with Manning originally) Don't see why they wouldn't jump at it. So worse case scenario he ends up getting hurt half way through the season next year & Paxton gets that lil more seasoning. As I said it is a good thing to have a very capable back up. Whether Paxton or romo finished the season, you would have a very capable back up. Romo's current contract would have no barring on the broncos.

With that said I could only see the Broncos, Vikings or Cardinals being a team he goes too. Unless the Chiefs did something unexpected with Alex Smith. Chiefs has a serious running game, bad ass TE, & a bad ass defense. Romo could complete a team like that (while healthy) but don't expect a change at QB in KC.

Again not saying that it is impossible for it to happen. There is just a lot that plays into the equation of how many teams or really what teams would actually consider him. If it is a trade then the incoming team is responsible for his contract unless they work out something new. Now thankfully the Cowboys would still be responsible for the signing bonus. So that would mean the team he would be traded for would be taking on the final 3 years of the deal with I think zero dead money. His cap hits still would be pretty high though. Not sure a team like the Broncos wants to take that on.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner said the Jags....:lol:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time Romo made it to the playoffs was in 2014, before that it was 2009. Romo's record in the playoffs is not all that good. I think his record is 2-4 in the playoffs. Romo was a solid QB in his day, but he was not great.

:lol:

Trent Dilfer led the Ravens to a SB......was he great?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-NYJ
2-Chicago
3-Arizona (if CP retires)