• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Big 10 is "weak" then what is the ACC?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no one is saying Alabama's offense is elite, it's their defense that wins them their games. Plus a slow, pounding ground game. That tends not to score many points, even when they are doing what they want to do. It's about clock control and wearing the defense down, not scoring a lot of points. Besides, when you are limiting your opponent to about 10 points, you only need two touchdowns to win.

Bama rushes for 207.5 yds per game @ 5.78 yds per rush. FSU rushes for 199.2 yds per game @ 5.55 yds per rush. Bama is ranked 28th and FSU at 32nd. Not a large difference there. Both teams can just pound the ball if need be.

There is a 4 minute difference in T.O.P between Bama and FSU. Bama at 33 minutes per game and FSU at 29.

FSU is 2nd in T.O. margin. Very good at getting turnovers this particular

Every statistic is very similar. And yes I know the conferences. Bama has played 1 good spread team in aTm and allowed 40 points. FSU has played 1 good spread team and allowed 14(7 of these in garbage time).

Both teams have dominated their respective opponents. FSU is usually over at the half. Not so much with Bama. Let the conference speak begin in 3...2...1

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is probably on par with Ole Miss IMO. A top-5 team shouldn't have a problem with either.

At this current moment I would bet the farm on Ole Miss vs Miami

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this current moment I would bet the farm on Ole Miss vs Miami

Without Duke Johnson I would give them the advantage. I don't think it is a massive advantage though and think it would probably be a good game.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Duke Johnson I would give them the advantage. I don't think it is a massive advantage though and think it would probably be a good game.

Alright, I really have to ask, what on earth makes you think this? Miami matches up HORRIBLY with Ole Miss, especially without Duke. Ole Miss can score points, Miami is turnover prone, and they have nobody that could match up with Treadwell and Moncrief on the outside.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I really have to ask, what on earth makes you think this? Miami matches up HORRIBLY with Ole Miss, especially without Duke. Ole Miss can score points, Miami is turnover prone, and they have nobody that could match up with Treadwell and Moncrief on the outside.

What makes you think they would? Because they beat LSU and Texas? Lol Texas lost to BYU the week before by almost 3 touchdowns.

Ole Miss and Miami are tied at 49th in the country in TO margin. Lol

Alabama is about 10 spots better than that and FSU is 3rd. Lol

Just Lol at you in general. So what would an Ole Miss vs. Miami spread look like Mr.football guru? Ole Miss -70?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think they would? Because they beat LSU and Texas? Lol Texas lost to BYU the week before by almost 3 touchdowns.

Ole Miss and Miami are tied at 49th in the country in TO margin. Lol

Alabama is about 10 spots better than that and FSU is 3rd. Lol

Just Lol at you in general. So what would an Ole Miss vs. Miami spread look like Mr.football guru? Ole Miss -70?

Wow, way to go overboard, sally. Sorry for rustling your jimmies so badly.

First off, LSU and Texas are better than any team Miami has beaten this year, so calm the fuck down.

Secondly, I couldn't give 2 shits less about Bama and FSU in this conversation as they have literally not a single thing to do with it.

Thirdly, TO margin is what you're coming back with? That's it? Considering Ole Miss' schedule (and the fact that instead of getting their shit pushed in by mediocre teams like Miami, they've only lost 2 close games to highly ranked teams and one large loss to the #1 team in the nation), that stat is a bit skewed. They would kick the shit out of Miami and anyone with half a brain knows that.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, way to go overboard, sally. Sorry for rustling your jimmies so badly.

First off, LSU and Texas are better than any team Miami has beaten this year, so calm the fuck down.

Secondly, I couldn't give 2 shits less about Bama and FSU in this conversation as they have literally not a single thing to do with it.

Thirdly, TO margin is what you're coming back with? That's it? Considering Ole Miss' schedule (and the fact that instead of getting their shit pushed in by mediocre teams like Miami, they've only lost 2 close games to highly ranked teams and one large loss to the #1 team in the nation), that stat is a bit skewed. They would kick the shit out of Miami and anyone with half a brain knows that.

My jimmies are rustled because i am laughing about your reasoning? :L

So what's your point spread little guy? 200? 400?:laugh3:

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6fabcbd4e236968b0704509acefb6d56.gif

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My jimmies are rustled because i am laughing about your reasoning? :L

So what's your point spread little guy? 200? 400?:laugh3:

No, they're rustled because I made a completely unoffensive statement regarding 2 teams, neither of whom you are a fan of, and you started name-calling and getting all pissy.

I'd say the line is Ole Miss - 16.5, somewhere in that neighborhood. I don't really know spreads, I don't gamble.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they're rustled because I made a completely unoffensive statement regarding 2 teams, neither of whom you are a fan of, and you started name-calling and getting all pissy.

I'd say the line is Ole Miss - 16.5, somewhere in that neighborhood. I don't really know spreads, I don't gamble.

Ahhh ok. Calling someone "mr. football guru" is heinous and just totally out of line. I mean you should really just charge me with slander or something for that. I'm sorry bro. I stepped waaaaaay out of line on that one. Maybe you will find it in your heart to forgive me someday.

So you think they would fare somewhere between Southeast Missouri State (18pts) and Arkansas (10pts) vs. Ole Miss then?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama rushes for 207.5 yds per game @ 5.78 yds per rush. FSU rushes for 199.2 yds per game @ 5.55 yds per rush. Bama is ranked 28th and FSU at 32nd. Not a large difference there. Both teams can just pound the ball if need be.

There is a 4 minute difference in T.O.P between Bama and FSU. Bama at 33 minutes per game and FSU at 29.

FSU is 2nd in T.O. margin. Very good at getting turnovers this particular

Every statistic is very similar. And yes I know the conferences. Bama has played 1 good spread team in aTm and allowed 40 points. FSU has played 1 good spread team and allowed 14(7 of these in garbage time).

Both teams have dominated their respective opponents. FSU is usually over at the half. Not so much with Bama. Let the conference speak begin in 3...2...1

So you're going to say that the ACC (which has gone 3-13 in BCS bowls) is just as good as the SEC (which has gone 25-17 in BCS bowls)? :laugh3:

You may deny it all you want, but schedule matters. And in college football, your schedule is dominated by your conference.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh ok. Calling someone "mr. football guru" is heinous and just totally out of line. I mean you should really just charge me with slander or something for that. I'm sorry bro. I stepped waaaaaay out of line on that one. Maybe you will find it in your heart to forgive me someday.

So you think they would fare somewhere between Southeast Missouri State (18pts) and Arkansas (10pts) vs. Ole Miss then?

Ha, wow. Dial it back with the hyperbole.

Maybe instead of getting so upset, you could try and counter my initial argument like a grown man? Maybe?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pop2:

still interested in seeing an answer to this.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

still interested in seeing an answer to this.

If Duke was still healthy I'd say it'd be closer to a 9.5 spread, but he was almost their entire offense. Without him, yeah I think the spread would be probably near that 16.5 mark.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're going to say that the ACC (which has gone 3-13 in BCS bowls) is just as good as the SEC (which has gone 25-17 in BCS bowls)? :laugh3:

You may deny it all you want, but schedule matters. And in college football, your schedule is dominated by your conference.

Dude the BCS bowl wins have NO bearing on an individual team now do they? You gave stats and so did I. You keep playing the same tired old card. When you try to use stats and things I have to correct you and then show you that the defenses the other team has faced are no better than what FSU has faced statistically. Take it for what it is worth.

Laugh all you will, but unlike Michigan and ND as you pointed out earlier. FSU would make this a VERY competitive game. Everyone BUT you has come to that realization. Even OSU, ND, and BAMA fans have. So keep on beating your head against the ACC wall you seem to have found. I am out due to being tired of arguing the exact same shit over with you time and time again.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The computers seem to think they are similar SOS wise. Like I said, wins against Ole Miss and A&M aren't impressive to me when you are a legit top-5 team. A&M has one of the worst defenses in college football and Ole Miss is Ole Miss. Do you think FSU would only beat Ole Miss by 25 points and A&M by a touchdown?

"Ole Miss is Ole Miss"

You mean, a team with a win over a ranked team and no losses to teams outside the top 15?