• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Mariota falls to 10 the Rams have struck Gold

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mariota is there at 10.. I think the Rams pull the trigger and go QB.

But I doubt he's there. :behindsofa:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm maybe he tanked his pro day to slide? hehe. The only problem with another team moving up is there really isn't any that need a QB. Maybe Houston but they are at 16 so i don't see that. plus they signed Hoyer. Cleveland but they won't give up two ones to go up the whole staff would be caned if that didn't work. they have made it clear who they want. I think if he gets past the Jets he just might make it to us in large part because there is so much stud pass rushers in the top 10 and that is what those teams need. not to mention the WR's

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mariota is there at 10.. I think the Rams pull the trigger and go QB.

But I doubt he's there. :behindsofa:

I don't see that since they have Foles. if Chip calls and he will no way they turn down a close to Rg3 deal again.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Foles for 1.45 million/1 yr.

If they want to be deep at QB for once and looking to the future.. Mariota needs some time to watch and learn.

Who knows

Chips not calling and he doesn't have a lot to give. No one is that stupid to follow Snyder and what Washington did.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to be deep at QB for once and looking to the future.. Mariota needs some time to watch and learn.
Who knows
Chips not calling and he doesn't have a lot to give. No one is that stupid to follow Snyder and what Washington did.
I'm sure Mike will still be shaking his head over that one for a long time.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm maybe he tanked his pro day to slide? hehe. The only problem with another team moving up is there really isn't any that need a QB. Maybe Houston but they are at 16 so i don't see that. plus they signed Hoyer. Cleveland but they won't give up two ones to go up the whole staff would be caned if that didn't work. they have made it clear who they want. I think if he gets past the Jets he just might make it to us in large part because there is so much stud pass rushers in the top 10 and that is what those teams need. not to mention the WR's
With all of the speculation and talk about where he will go, I can't see him sliding to 10. If he slides past the Jets, some team will trade up and take him before then.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who knows

I think he will call. its his perfect QB to plug in his system for the next 10 years. and when you think of it on those terms he really shouldn't care how much he gives up. Rg3 was an unknown to the redskins. MM is Chips Golden Duck. :crazy:

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Broncos fan myself, it would be great if they traded this year's first round pick, this year's second round pick, next year's first rounder, and Peyton Manning to move up in the draft and take Mariota. I know that Mariota does not fit their offense that well, but Peyton Manning probably only has one good season left in him, and although he was okay in college, I don't see Brock Osweiler as a long term solution at quarterback.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If MM gets past the #6 pick, you are likely to see a Manziel type of free fall. I doubt Chip wants MM & I don't see the Browns drafting another QB who is similar to Manziel. I just don't see the value for the Rams of MM dropping to #10, other than having the option of drafting him.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If MM gets past the #6 pick, you are likely to see a Manziel type of free fall. I doubt Chip wants MM & I don't see the Browns drafting another QB who is similar to Manziel. I just don't see the value for the Rams of MM dropping to #10, other than having the option of drafting him.
Nice post DM!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Broncos fan myself, it would be great if they traded this year's first round pick, this year's second round pick, next year's first rounder, and Peyton Manning to move up in the draft and take Mariota. I know that Mariota does not fit their offense that well, but Peyton Manning probably only has one good season left in him, and although he was okay in college, I don't see Brock Osweiler as a long term solution at quarterback.

that would be crazy but I can't see them trading Manning I don't think he would like that very much. and most teams can't handle his 20m cap hit. maybe Bryce Petty or Hundley at 28 would be a cheaper option.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you don't think Chip wants MM :scratch: That sounds like wishful thinking from a Cards fan :D

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't think Chip wants MM :scratch: That sounds like wishful thinking from a Cards fan :D

All signs point to Chip knowing who & what MM is. You don't trade away assets for Bradford & bring in his college buddy if your goal is to to trade up for MM. If his plan was to trade into the top 5 for him or trade for him if dropped to #10, he would have waited to do so & not made the initial trade with the Rams.

I hope Chip does trade the farm for MM, it makes the Eagles weaker. And the Rams really haven't shown the ability to hit home runs with a lot of their plethora of recent high draft picks, so it wouldn't bother me if a trade did happen.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All signs point to Chip knowing who & what MM is. You don't trade away assets for Bradford & bring in his college buddy if your goal is to to trade up for MM. If his plan was to trade into the top 5 for him or trade for him if dropped to #10, he would have waited to do so & not made the initial trade with the Rams.

I hope Chip does trade the farm for MM, it makes the Eagles weaker. And the Rams really haven't shown the ability to hit home runs with a lot of their plethora of recent high draft picks, so it wouldn't bother me if a trade did happen.

But he Knows the Browns want Bradford and he could get the 19th pick to use to move up. or possible a team like Tenn likes Bradford. I think he likes Bradford but is MM starts to fall he could trade Bradford to help move up. thats my crazy theory anyway. :D

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he Knows the Browns want Bradford and he could get the 19th pick to use to move up. or possible a team like Tenn likes Bradford. I think he likes Bradford but is MM starts to fall he could trade Bradford to help move up. thats my crazy theory anyway. :D

Don't stop believing...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Retro, Coug was right about Sam having any trade value.........

He was right about Murray wanting to sign with the Eagles because of Sam.......

So now maybe the only thing Coug is 'stretching' is our own paradigms....

:noidea:

I never stated that Sammie didn't have trade value-first round or otherwise. Cougar was right about a couple of things and I gave him credit for those predictions Vita. In Cougar's OP and reiterated by Mutigers1fan, both suggested many teams were interested in Bradford. That is simply an exaggeration because there were maybe three to four teams interested: Cleveland, Philadelphia, Raiders, and possibly the Texans. That is approximately 13% of the NFL teams. That is not a huge interest pool fellas.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snisher have stated from the very beginning that they wanted Foles. So perhaps, Snisher are contemplating working a trade involving MM at the 10 spot. We shall see. Stay tuned on this one.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snisher have stated from the very beginning that they wanted Foles. So perhaps, Snisher are contemplating working a trade involving MM at the 10 spot. We shall see. Stay tuned on this one.
I don't think they'd take Foles and Mariota because thats the type of thing a new coach does and not one on a hot seat. The Rams basically have one year where they have to figure out who their core is and who their core isn't. Bradford getting injured has really set back the analysis of the Rams WR corp. There are a lot of guys looking at Free Agency in 2016.

If the Rams don't get Barksdale, they are drafting RT rd1 whether its at 10 or somewhere lower. Nothing else would make sense. If you're eyeballing Mariota, Cooper, White, Parker or Waynes then you're really hoping that Barksdale comes back. If you're eyeballing Gurley, put the beer down.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never stated that Sammie didn't have trade value-first round or otherwise. Cougar was right about a couple of things and I gave him credit for those predictions Vita. In Cougar's OP and reiterated by Mutigers1fan, both suggested many teams were interested in Bradford. That is simply an exaggeration because there were maybe three to four teams interested: Cleveland, Philadelphia, Raiders, and possibly the Texans. That is approximately 13% of the NFL teams. That is not a huge interest pool fellas.
I never said you stated anything Retro.

Just pointing to some recent facts about Coug that may cause us pause to his suggestion.

Oh, what's the percentage of QB needy teams?

That figure is probably more indicative of his interest pool.

I mean, is it really fair to factor in teams with a Brady, Manning, Wilson, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Newton, Rivers and others?