• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Josh Allen falls to #13

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is in that 2nd tier of QB's in any order.
I couldn't disagree more. It's insanity to even suggest that Smith is in the same group of QBs as Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Russel Wilson, or Cam Newton, although I can understand a debate as to guys like Dalton and Carr.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't disagree more. It's insanity to even suggest that Smith is in the same group of QBs as Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Russel Wilson, or Cam Newton, although I can understand a debate as to guys like Dalton and Carr.

Of course he is. Ryan has frigin Julio Jones and is way over rated. AS is as just as good as Rivers. He offers more mobility than Rivers. Eli? that is a joke. His play has been bad for the last 3 seasons. I will give you RW and Cam but not the other 3.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he is. Ryan has frigin Julio Jones and is way over rated. AS is as just as good as Rivers. He offers more mobility than Rivers. Eli? that is a joke. His play has been bad for the last 3 seasons. I will give you RW and Cam but not the other 3.
e33b4884593de76dbf3cc1b7c6017e51--los-simpsons-homer-simpson.jpg

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he is. Ryan has frigin Julio Jones and is way over rated. AS is as just as good as Rivers. He offers more mobility than Rivers.
You and I will just have to disagree on these.

Eli? that is a joke. His play has been bad for the last 3 seasons.
I'm not trying to be rude, but you don't know what you're talking about. Smith's 2017 season was his best year BY A LONG SHOT. Eli's seasons in 2014, 2015, or 2016 would've each been the best season of Alex Smith's career.

Easily Smith's best season ever: 67.5%, 4,042Yds, 26TDs, 5Ints, 335yds rushing, 1TD
Eli's average year over last 4yrs: 62.6%, 4,084yds, 28TDs, 14Ints, 25yds rushing, 1TD

Over the last 4 seasons, Eli AVERAGED the best season of Smith's career. That tells you exactly who the better player is. A joke? GTF outta here with that shit.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lucky for you, you are ignoring me because this is by far the dumbest shit you have ever posted. And that says a lot.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky for you, you are ignoring me because this is by far the dumbest shit you have ever posted. And that says a lot.

I dont know man, there have been some dozies.

How about we go with dumbest thing in the last 24 hours?? :suds:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not trying to be rude, but you don't know what you're talking about. Smith's 2017 season was his best year BY A LONG SHOT. Eli's seasons in 2014, 2015, or 2016 would've each been the best season of Alex Smith's career.

Easily Smith's best season ever: 67.5%, 4,042Yds, 26TDs, 5Ints, 335yds rushing, 1TD
Eli's average year over last 4yrs: 62.6%, 4,084yds, 28TDs, 14Ints, 25yds rushing, 1TD

Over the last 4 seasons, Eli AVERAGED the best season of Smith's career. That tells you exactly who the better player is. A joke? GTF outta here with that shit.

forget the numbers. Smith is just the better QB right now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eli wasn't a turnover machine in those last 4 seasons? you forgot to mention that. Smith is more accurate takes care of the football better and is the better QB right now. You people with stats are crazy. watch the games. The only reason why the Giants had one winning record in the least 5 years in 2016 was b/c of there defense. You want to defend Eli is just crazy. Giants fans are begging for him to leave.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Dak- Exposed last season without zeke
2. Trub- Jury is still out, but doesn't look good
3. Bridgewater- never was a fan and coming off a horrible injury
4. Cam- Diva only thing he has is size
5. Winston- Frigging idiot and not good
6. Garop- Jury is still out, but looks promising
7. Watson- another RGknee
8. Mariota- not a fan
9. Mahomes- Jury is still out
10. Carr- maybe

I have more hope with smith

1. Dak - hes a 24 year old with an excellent rookie season and a rough 8 game stretch. Every team in the NFL would take him over Smith.
2. Trub - Trubisky looked fine last year. Hes a 2nd year top 5 pick. Again every team would take him over Smith.
3. Teddy - young with potential, showed promise.
4. Cam - lol. No he has an MVP too. Something Smith doesnt have. Cam can carry his team. Smith needs to be carried. Smith is also older. It is ridiculous to say Smith is a better option. The Panthers would laugh in our faces.
5. Winston - who cares if hes an idiot. Hes a much younger QB with way more potential.
6. JG - again. way younger, way more potential. Probably way better than Smith right now already.
7. Watson - just because hes black doesnt make rgknee. Look past that and realize hes a very promising young QB. Again - no team in the NFL would agree with you.
8. Mariota - dont care if you arent a fan. thats not a valid argument. Hes a way better option than Smith.
9. Mahomes -yep jury is still out. You think Smith is worth more than a first round QB? Let me help you - he isnt.
10. Carr - same old story. Younger with potential. Realize that that is more important than anything Smith brings to the table.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a compelling argument

lol. If you would take Eli over Smith RIGHT NOW then I don't know what to tell you. That is insane

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. If you would take Eli over Smith RIGHT NOW then I don't know what to tell you. That is insane

Then prove that with numbers or other facts.

Saying "forget the numbers, things just are the way i say they are" is a moronic argument.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forget the numbers. Smith is just the better QB right now.
No he isn't. What you mean, but won't say is "Smith had a better 2017 season than Eli" and that is actually true, so you should stick with that, but if you use that 1-season sample size to determine which is the better player, you're almost guessing.

The numbers matter a great deal b/c looking at production over several years will give you a better basis upon which to project future production than looking at just one year. That's not my opinion, that's a fact.

And those numbers tell us that Smith's spike in production is so late in his career and so far above his average (even his average in KC) it is unlikely to continue and it's more likely his production will significantly drop next year. OTOH, the numbers tell us that Eli will be much more productive in 2018 than he was in 2017, b/c his production over the last few years is WAY above his 2017.

Eli wasn't a turnover machine in those last 4 seasons? you forgot to mention that.
Wrong again. I listed his INT stats. He was 2:1 TD to INT.

In 2017 were Cam and Ben turnover machines? They had more picks than Eli.
In 2016 were Brees and Cam turnover machines? They had more picks than Eli
In 2015 were Peyton, Ben and Stafford turnover machines? They had more picks than Eli.
In 2014 were Peyton and Brees turnover machines? They had more picks than Eli.

I can do this all day. More TD passes come with more INTs.

Smith is more accurate takes care of the football better and is the better QB right now.
Smith is a safer QB that takes fewer chances. That means he will have fewer TD passes and fewer INTs. It is that "play it safe" mentality that got him replaced in San Francisco.

You people with stats are crazy. watch the games.
You forget that I'm a Niner fan. I've watched every game of Alex Smith's career, including his KC games. That's how I know your opinion of him is wrong.

The only reason why the Giants had one winning record in the least 5 years in 2016 was b/c of there defense. You want to defend Eli is just crazy. Giants fans are begging for him to leave.
This sounds a lot like you're changing your story to fit the conclusion you like. In 2017, the Giants OL and WRs were riddled with injury, but something tells me that if that happens to the Skins next year, you'll use that to excuse Smith's drop in production.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, you know Ryan is overrated b/c of Julio and Smith is just as good Rivers. You can tell b/c:

--Ryan made the pro bowl before Jones was drafted. In 2013, when Jones only played 5 games, Ryan threw for 67.4%, 4,515yds, 26TDs, 17Ints despite the team being 32nd in rushing yards, 24th in yds/att, and 27th in defense. Without Jones, their 3rd WR got 1,000yds receiving, and their 2nd WR and TE combined for 1,600. Yep, He can't do much without Jones, can he?

--Any of Rivers' last few years, including 2017, are better than Smith's 2017 career-best. Rivers' career average as a starter (12yrs) matches the best season of Smith's career. That means that in any given season, in the past or in the future, Rivers is as good as Smith has ever been. That says Rivers isn't just better, he's been better his whole career. The idea that, right now, Smith is a better Qb than Rivers is ludicrous.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, you know Ryan is overrated b/c of Julio and Smith is just as good Rivers. You can tell b/c:

--Ryan made the pro bowl before Jones was drafted. In 2013, when Jones only played 5 games, Ryan threw for 67.4%, 4,515yds, 26TDs, 17Ints despite the team being 32nd in rushing yards, 24th in yds/att, and 27th in defense. Without Jones, their 3rd WR got 1,000yds receiving, and their 2nd WR and TE combined for 1,600. Yep, He can't do much without Jones, can he?

--Any of Rivers' last few years, including 2017, are better than Smith's 2017 career-best. Rivers' career average as a starter (12yrs) matches the best season of Smith's career. That means that in any given season, in the past or in the future, Rivers is as good as Smith has ever been. That says Rivers isn't just better, he's been better his whole career. The idea that, right now, Smith is a better Qb than Rivers is ludicrous.

I do believe Ryan is overrated and he relies on Julio...but that doesn’t mean Smith is better.

The idea that Smith is anything more than a CDC is ludicrous.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe Ryan is overrated and he relies on Julio...but that doesn’t mean Smith is better.
Agreed.

The idea that Smith is anything more than a CDC is ludicrous.
Anyone not liking Cousins b/c he wasn't "elite" or "sub elite" or good enough to pull out wins on his own, should not like Alex Smith for the same reasons.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the stats i have posted in another thread clearly show smith to be vastly inferior to KC . now we have to deal with steve deberg[/QUOTE

OK, but playing the Steve Deberg thing is no better than the RGIII thing. Besides that, Kirk wasn't Kirk until Gruden came in, so if there's anything that we can hang our hats on, it's Deberg under Gruden. If it worked for the pre-Gruden scrub Cousins, maybe it will work for the Deberg type scrub we have now.
KC would be KC no matter what

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

are you going to use this fact thing with deanis ? :D i see a stat man comment in 5...4....3.... 2.... 1

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn't. What you mean, but won't say is "Smith had a better 2017 season than Eli" and that is actually true, so you should stick with that, but if you use that 1-season sample size to determine which is the better player, you're almost guessing.

The numbers matter a great deal b/c looking at production over several years will give you a better basis upon which to project future production than looking at just one year. That's not my opinion, that's a fact.

And those numbers tell us that Smith's spike in production is so late in his career and so far above his average (even his average in KC) it is unlikely to continue and it's more likely his production will significantly drop next year. OTOH, the numbers tell us that Eli will be much more productive in 2018 than he was in 2017, b/c his production over the last few years is WAY above his 2017.

Wrong again. I listed his INT stats. He was 2:1 TD to INT.

In 2017 were Cam and Ben turnover machines? They had more picks than Eli.
In 2016 were Brees and Cam turnover machines? They had more picks than Eli
In 2015 were Peyton, Ben and Stafford turnover machines? They had more picks than Eli.
In 2014 were Peyton and Brees turnover machines? They had more picks than Eli.

I can do this all day. More TD passes come with more INTs.

Smith is a safer QB that takes fewer chances. That means he will have fewer TD passes and fewer INTs. It is that "play it safe" mentality that got him replaced in San Francisco.

You forget that I'm a Niner fan. I've watched every game of Alex Smith's career, including his KC games. That's how I know your opinion of him is wrong.

This sounds a lot like you're changing your story to fit the conclusion you like. In 2017, the Giants OL and WRs were riddled with injury, but something tells me that if that happens to the Skins next year, you'll use that to excuse Smith's drop in production.

what are you saying , that deanis would move the goal posts during a debate to suit his opinion ? i have never heard of such a thing :10: