• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Josh Allen falls to #13

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is only 32 so drafting a QB in round one would be a mistake.

Actually he will be 34 by the time the season starts.

But I agree drafting a QB in the first round would be a bad idea. NOt because i have an ounce of faith in Smith, but because the Redskins need to sink or swim with the decision to trade for Smith. And drafting a 1st round QB would just leave another way to create drama.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he will be 34 by the time the season starts.

But I agree drafting a QB in the first round would be a bad idea. NOt because i have an ounce of faith in Smith, but because the Redskins need to sink or swim with the decision to trade for Smith. And drafting a 1st round QB would just leave another way to create drama.
Round four would make more sense.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was great having RG3 and KC as his backup so why not let Allen sit for 2yrs and learn the offense.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith is not a bad QB in the right spot. DC simply isn’t the spot for him. As a QB in DC, AS will be a bottom 10 QB.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was great having RG3 and KC as his backup so why not let Allen sit for 2yrs and learn the offense.

Because Cousins was a 4th rounder sitting behind the chosen one.

Allen would be a first round pick sitting behind a 34 year old game manager.

This mattes because the moment its determined that the team needs a "Spark" the cries for fuck it put Allen in will start from the owner on down to the fan base.

They need to be all in on Smith for better or worse, and drafting a first round QB is likely to lead to a shit show.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we would right now with Rodgers and maybe with Brady and Wilson.

In the future...here's the complete list of guys who give me more hope than smith...

Cousins, Dak, Wentz, Rodgers, Trubisky, Stafford, Bridgewater, Cam, Brees, Ryan, Jameis, Wilson, Goff, Garropolo, Brady, Ben, Watson, Luck, Mariota, Rivers, Mahomes, Carr.

That's 22 teams' QBs right there. PLUS Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Jackson, and Allen.

1. Dak- Exposed last season without zeke
2. Trub- Jury is still out, but doesn't look good
3. Bridgewater- never was a fan and coming off a horrible injury
4. Cam- Diva only thing he has is size
5. Winston- Frigging idiot and not good
6. Garop- Jury is still out, but looks promising
7. Watson- another RGknee
8. Mariota- not a fan
9. Mahomes- Jury is still out
10. Carr- maybe

I have more hope with smith

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Cousins was a 4th rounder sitting behind the chosen one.

Allen would be a first round pick sitting behind a 34 year old game manager.

This mattes because the moment its determined that the team needs a "Spark" the cries for fuck it put Allen in will start from the owner on down to the fan base.

They need to be all in on Smith for better or worse, and drafting a first round QB is likely to lead to a shit show.

Alex Smith

Hmm - so 4000+ yds, 67% comp, 104 rating, 26 TDs vs 5 INTs is a "game manager"? Sure Smith benefited by having some good weapons but so do most good QBs in the NFL. Just like the Deberg comparison you just throw out blanket statements that are not totally valid.

Again - not stating that Smith will do well or poorly next season - that is TBD. However this idea that he is this aging, game manager w/ very little to offer is not totally accurate. I get it - you hate the guy - fine but please be at least a little objective on this one. He may not be Brady or Rodgers, but he is also not Dilfer, Grossman or John Beck. We will see.

Also - again - why the hell do you care so much about the opinions of other fans? Who gives a shit - this FO will do as it pleases & won't give into the fan base- they have shown this numerous times in the past so really the only opinions that really matter in terms of potential roster changes are those of Snyder & Allen. Let's hope for all of our sakes that the team has some success next season (although I am convinced that some folks here would rather have them fail).

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith

Hmm - so 4000+ yds, 67% comp, 104 rating, 26 TDs vs 5 INTs is a "game manager"? Sure Smith benefited by having some good weapons but so do most good QBs in the NFL. Just like the Deberg comparison you just throw out blanket statements that are not totally valid.

Again - not stating that Smith will do well or poorly next season - that is TBD. However this idea that he is this aging, game manager w/ very little to offer is not totally accurate. I get it - you hate the guy - fine but please be at least a little objective on this one. He may not be Brady or Rodgers, but he is also not Dilfer, Grossman or John Beck. We will see.

Also - again - why the hell do you care so much about the opinions of other fans? Who gives a shit - this FO will do as it pleases & won't give into the fan base- they have shown this numerous times in the past so really the only opinions that really matter in terms of potential roster changes are those of Snyder & Allen. Let's hope for all of our sakes that the team has some success next season (although I am convinced that some folks here would rather have them fail).

Look up the word statistical outlier.

If you want to see what his weapons added to his stats, google Tyreek Hill against Dallas.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is ridiculous is your reading comprehension. Read it again. I did NOT say bottom 1/3 of the NFL.

I said if you cut the league into 3 tiers-- i.e., cut the league into thirds so there is roughly 3 groups of 10-11 QBs. Top 10-11, middle 10-11, bottom 10-11.

I'd take 18 other Qbs ahead of him, and that places him near the bottom of the middle tier.

which is ridiculous bottom of the middle tear. HE is a top 11 QB in this league. The only guys who I would take over Smith are Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Ben, and Stafford. He is in the next group from 6-11.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I know I wasnt asked, but my $.02

IN a vacuum Smith would be middle of the pack, and yes below Cousins on the NFL QB pecking order.

But there happens to be air in Ashburn. As such, we have to also look at what he brings to or takes away from the table for the team in question. If asked to carry the team, I just dont think he is the guy. And in light of the fact that for the past few seasons the main complaint has been... we need some one who can carry the team.

Well lets just say I dont think he will get it done. And yes I think quite a few are falling on their swords and getting behind this move because they wanted Cousins gone. And it would not work to admit Smith was NOT the guy they were hoping for.

hey didnt you violate my copy right on" falling on their swords ":D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith

Hmm.. so Smith having ONE 4000+ yard season in 13 years. Its the first year that he has passed for more than 23 TDs in a season. Aside from last year and 2013 he has never had more than 20 passing TDs in a season.

Yes he is a game manager. And his most impressive talent is that he doesnt turn the ball over.

So yes he is a 13 year veteran, who is a game manager. As for who he is.. I think Mark Brunell would be more accurate. Another aging game manager with a bit more star factor and Smith was a first rounder (all important in the Danny eyes).

Also if it doesnt matter what other fans think, why spend the energy to try and show me how Smith really isnt all that bad and I should HOPE Dan and Bruce didnt once again do what Dan and Bruce do.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be honest, I have NOT read all the threads related to this post Dean. We have a lot of money tied up in our QB's now that Smith is onboard and Colt will serve as his backup. Therefore, I do NOT see the Skins drafting a QB early and may not draft one late either. Maybe they wait until next year to make a move early for Smith's backup.

Either way, should #13 present itself with Josh Allen (highly doubt it) but if it does, we immediately call Buffalo and inquire about #21 & #22. All it takes is one team to fall in love with Allen and the trade talk can begin.

I see your point. Allen wont probably be there. Its going to take more than 21 and 22 to move to 13 for a QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOu are 100% correct. BUt then if the main reason to get rid of Kirk was because he couldnt carry the team. Those same folks should not be given a free pass to fall on the sword and proclaim Smith an upgrade NOW because he is exactly what they didnt want... only older.

As for Kirk not being able to carry the team.... If Smith had started for this team in 2017, I honestly think we would have won no more than 3 games. So Kirk did carry this team... just not far enough to satisfy the anti Kirk bunch.

Maybe, they see Smith as an slightly better version of Kirk, at this point it's all subjective and btw; that includes the notion that the 2017 ream would have only won 3 games. In a vote I'm pretty sure that there will be people who agree with you, and some who will say that the results would have been the same, while others would say that they might have won 8 or 9 games with Smith.[/QUOTE]

the stats i have posted in another thread clearly show smith to be vastly inferior to KC . now we have to deal with steve deberg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love how the SDFC is making CDC the next great move the organization has made . its crap ,

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, they see Smith as an slightly better version of Kirk, at this point it's all subjective and btw; that includes the notion that the 2017 ream would have only won 3 games. In a vote I'm pretty sure that there will be people who agree with you, and some who will say that the results would have been the same, while others would say that they might have won 8 or 9 games with Smith.

the stats i have posted in another thread clearly show smith to be vastly inferior to KC . now we have to deal with steve deberg[/QUOTE

OK, but playing the Steve Deberg thing is no better than the RGIII thing. Besides that, Kirk wasn't Kirk until Gruden came in, so if there's anything that we can hang our hats on, it's Deberg under Gruden. If it worked for the pre-Gruden scrub Cousins, maybe it will work for the Deberg type scrub we have now.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is ridiculous bottom of the middle tear. HE is a top 11 QB in this league. The only guys who I would take over Smith are Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Ben, and Stafford. He is in the next group from 6-11.
If you'd only take 5 guys ahead of Smith, then you think he's the 6th best QB in the NFL. That's just crazy talk.

Alex Smith is not a bad QB in the right spot. DC simply isn’t the spot for him. As a QB in DC, AS will be a bottom 10 QB.
Even though I've got him rated at about 18, he's not a bad QB at all. I've got several posts pointing out how he fits the offense and the personnel, and that I expect the Skins record to be the same or a little better with Smith than they were with Cousins.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you'd only take 5 guys ahead of Smith, then you think he's the 6th best QB in the NFL. That's just crazy talk.

Even though I've got him rated at about 18, he's not a bad QB at all. I've got several posts pointing out how he fits the offense and the personnel, and that I expect the Skins record to be the same or a little better with Smith than they were with Cousins.

Smith is in that 2nd tier of QB's in any order. You are right that he fits in what we are doing and its very possible we can get to 9 or 10 wins for a lot less money than KC.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QBs I would take over Alex Smith regardless of surrounding team...KC, Prescott, Wentz and Foles, Eli, Russell Wilson, Jimmy Garoppolo, Carson Palmer, Jared Goff, Stafford, Keenum, Rodgers, Brees, Newton, Ryan, Brady, Marriotta, Watson, Luck, Ben, Flacco, Carr, and Rivers

QBs I would are over Smith if the defense sucks...Bridgewater, Bradford, Trubisky, Winston, McCown, Tannehill, Dalton and McCarron, and Mahommes