• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Duke can honor Dean Smith...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke should have never honored Dean Smith. It was inappropriate and self-serving.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke should have never honored Dean Smith. It was inappropriate and self-serving.

:lol: Everything any University does is self-serving. Inappropriate? Depends on who you ask. But wearing Dean tee shirts in Cameron was pure sacrilege

Last edited:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Everything any University does is self-serving. Inappropriate? Depends on who you ask.

"Honor" and anything related to North Carolina basketball goes together like oil and water.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had some good looking wimmen over that way Douggie. Thank goodness some of them were not so honorable!

Maybe so tango. Speaking of honor on 9-11

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, don't see why Duke would honor Dean Smith, he never coached there and actually coached their rivals from North Carolina.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honoring a rival is a little different than honoring a coach that put u on probation and then took off

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honoring a rival is a little different than honoring a coach that put u on probation and then took off

You don't really know much about that situation huh? Please enlighten me how Cal "put Memphis" on probation? If you use the phrase "recruiting violation" once you will automatically lose all credibility among anyone who actually does some research prior to popping off.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Coach Cal the only CBB coach to have 2 Final Four appearances vacated @ 2 different schools?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't really know much about that situation huh? Please enlighten me how Cal "put Memphis" on probation? If you use the phrase "recruiting violation" once you will automatically lose all credibility among anyone who actually does some research prior to popping off.

u have to be naïve or a blind homer to not see cal's history. schools goes on probation and cal takes off. I'm sure he had no idea that someone was paying for reggie rose to travel around the country. college basketball is a dirty business and cal is one of the best at. I'm sure he has gotten to the point where he has built a brand that he doesn't even have to do it anymore

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Coach Cal the only CBB coach to have 2 Final Four appearances vacated @ 2 different schools?

just random bad luck:suds:

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is correct... was either situation a recruiting violation? Let me help you... no.

Umass was a situation where Camby took money from an agent going into his Jr year... didn't sign with said agent and the bones came out of the closet. Season and Final Four vacated. Not sure what that has to with Cal.

Memphis was kind of a screw job. Reggie Rose was flying and paying the University back and fell a couple of payments short but as we all know (or those who aren't Cal haters know) that the season was vacated because was found to be ineligible a few months after the season was over.

Again, tell me how that's Cal fault? The NCAA cleared Rose TWICE to play but came back and changed their minds.

Unlike Michigan's situation with the Fab Five, who were paid to come there and play, Cal has never had a situation where a "recruiting violation" has even been close to being the issue. Do some homework guys.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct... was either situation a recruiting violation? Let me help you... no.

Umass was a situation where Camby took money from an agent going into his Jr year... didn't sign with said agent and the bones came out of the closet. Season and Final Four vacated. Not sure what that has to with Cal.

Memphis was kind of a screw job. Reggie Rose was flying and paying the University back and fell a couple of payments short but as we all know (or those who aren't Cal haters know) that the season was vacated because was found to be ineligible a few months after the season was over.

Again, tell me how that's Cal fault? The NCAA cleared Rose TWICE to play but came back and changed their minds.

Unlike Michigan's situation with the Fab Five, who were paid to come there and play, Cal has never had a situation where a "recruiting violation" has even been close to being the issue. Do some homework guys.

I never said anything about a recruiting violation (you did) & I'm not bad mouthing Coach Cal. Just pointing out an actual fact. Or did I make something up that isn't true? So calm down.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything about a recruiting violation (you did) & I'm not bad mouthing Coach Cal. Just pointing out an actual fact. Or did I make something up that isn't true? So calm down.

I don't believe I was anything but calm... I not only agreed with your statement but wanted to make sure the other facts were out there as well.

Cal gets a lot crap and 99% of the time, people say he cheats to win and pays players and so on... My point was simply that neither case involved a recruiting violation which is a big misconception.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many don't know this but Calipari originally played his first couple of years of college ball at UNC-Wilmington.

He sucked. :nod:

He transferred to Clarion University in Pennsylvania to finish out his eligibility.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal gets a lot crap and 99% of the time, people say he cheats to win and pays players and so on.

I wonder why 99% believe that about him? They just randomly picked him to accuse?

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why 99% believe that about him? They just randomly picked him to accuse?

I would assume he's an easier target than the guys that can't recruit... so yeah.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would assume he's an easier target than the guys that can't recruit... so yeah.

And you believe he's just the picture of virtue, right?