• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Brady makes the sb and loses

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did't take me long 'cause I stopped here:

Montana's first-no playoffs but was not his fault

Lol!

It's obvious that Joe fans are threatened here as they grasp at anything they can. Some indexes aside from Championships are valid and telling but shit like Cassel and system QB is just one of those shreds to try to cling to.

If their Championship records were reversed, Joe fans wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Montana play 14 seasons with SF? No, he didn't. He played 13 and was hurt the last two seasons.

Brady went to his fifth sb in his 11th season. Brady went to his fourth sb in his 7th season.

Montana went to his fourth sb in his 10th season. However, considering he went to his first one in his second season as a starter. Starting from when he dictated SF's seasons he went to his fourth in 9 seasons. Had he not gone to the KC chiefs of all teams he would have had a fifth. After all, he took KC to the AFCCG, but Buffalo was playing for their fourth straight sb bid and KC had not won a playoff game in 24 seasons.

And Brady's losing sb appearances came through these matchups on the way
Jacksonville
San Diego(who was banged up, LT and Rivers were not healthy)
Denver(who was 8-8 btw)
Baltimore(who almost won)

NE played sloppy in three of those games. Tebow lost his job because of the blowout loss by Denver.

Brady also ended his season to these
Denver twice(one Plummer, other Manning)(in Denver)
Indianapolis(Manning, two losses to Manning)
Baltimore(twice)
New York Jets

Montana's seasons ended against these
Washington(83 the redskins were big then)
New York Giants(85 who won the sb the following season)
Minnesota(87)
New York Giants(90, who won the sb)

Brady ended his season to four teams who didn't win the sb. And three who didn't make the sb.

Montana ended his season to three teams who didn't win the sb. And two who didn't make it.

And let's compare
Brady's first season-Playoffs and sb
Montana's first-no playoffs but was not his fault
Brady-1
Brady's second season-no playoffs
Montana's second season-playoffs, HFA, and SB.
Montana-1
Brady's third season-playoffs, HFA, and SB
Montana's third season-no playoffs due to strike shortened season
Brady-2
Brady's fourth season-playoffs and SB
Montana's fourth season-playoffs but no SB, lost in NFCCG though
Brady-3
Brady's fifth season-playoffs, lost in divisional
Montana's fourth season-playoffs, HFA, and SB
Montana-2
Brady's sixth season-playoffs, lost in AFCCG
Montana's sixth season-playoffs, lost in wild card
Brady-4
Brady's seventh season-playoffs, HFA, and SB loss
Montana's seventh season-no playoffs, played eight games due to back injury
Brady-5
Brady's eighth superbowl-injured and missed rest of season early week 1 on.
Montana's eighth season-playoffs, lost in divisional. Played eight games due to injury.
Montana-3
Brady's ninth season-playoffs, lost in wild card.
Montana's ninth season-playoffs and SB.
Montana-4
Brady's tenth season-playoffs, HFA, lost in divisional
Montana's tenth season-playoffs, HFA, and SB
Montana-5
Brady's eleventh season-playoffs, HFA, and SB loss
Montana's eighth season-playoffs, HFA, lost in NFCCG
**Montana lost to the sb winner so this is a draw

So you see after Montana's last true season with SF, he has the same advantage points as Brady. However Brady's first advantage was due to Montana not even making the playoffs. His second was due to a strike. His fifth due to Montana's injury.

Montana's first advantage was due to Brady not making the playoffs. His second was due to Brady losing in divisional. His fourth was due to Brady losing in wild card because he didn't have Wes Welker. His fifth was due to Brady losing in divisional to a division rival whose starting qb was Mark Sanchez.

Brady's third and fourth were legit. Montana's first, second, fourth, and fifth were legit.

And let's also compare home wins out of home games played
Brady-17 with 14 games won
Montana-12 with 9 won

Road games
Brady-6 with 3 won
Montana-2 with 1 won

Brady's had more chances. If Montana had more chances who knows what would have happened.

Playing in more SBs is not the barometer for success when he would not have been in one in 11 if not for Manning's injury(Colts would have had HFA, Brady doesn't even get the 2 seed). Losing the SB is no accomplishment. It was not back then. That's for sure. It's better to miss than to lose. Also, Montana lost playoff games in a conference that dominated for 12 years straight. Brady lost to the other conference and one time the other was not superior. He also lost playoff games in three other years his conference was not superior.

Brady loses the sb he has only won 57% of his SB appearances. That's no GOAT.

All that just to say that YOU THINK Montana was a better QB. Again, if Brady had the consensus best player in the history of the league to throw to maybe he doesn't lose any Superbowls. Maybe he goes to more than 7. Maybe if Montana was constantly losing players around him because of a salary cap he doesn't even win 4. Many factors in why both teams won championships. Brady is the best. that's my opinion. You can write another book about it and it won't change how I think about it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady isn't even the best QB on his own team. :L

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady isn't even the best QB on his own team. :L

And would have been third best if they kept Ryan Lindley on the roster. I will never understand that cut.

SteveMajor42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is the best. Just with what he has done with a revolving door of players around him puts him above others. Add to that his ability to adjust his game over the years from a game manager to an offensive force breaking records and now a grisled vetren who out thinks the opposition. Add it all up and he is easily the goat, Montana fans shouldn't be upset in 30 years there will be another QB who will be better then Brady.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By most and historian you mean who exactly? Nice try. Do you ever have an original thought? Unlike you I'm able to formulate a thought. Thank God for ESPN and Wikipedia otherwise you'd have zero to say.
You've never been able to formulate a thought in your life. You contribute nothing to this form except the usual incoherent babble. Do you ever post anything with even a modicum of truth?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never been able to formulate a thought in your life. You contribute nothing to this form except the usual incoherent babble. Do you ever post anything with even a modicum of truth?

Hey pot, meet kettle.

Can't wait for your insightful one liners.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um ok.I guess now that you're not just posting one or two word replies you actually feel like you're contributing? Not so much. Most Hoop historians feel you're still a moron. Just Google it:doh:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um ok.I guess now that you're not just posting one or two word replies you actually feel like you're contributing? Not so much. Most Hoop historians feel you're still a moron. Just Google it:doh:
Based on the number of likes I get compared to you I would assume you are the moron. :D

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the number of likes I get compared to you I would assume you are the moron. :D
You have have 5 times as many posts moron. If getting likes on SportsHoopla validates your life I feel sorry for you. Why don't you tell us how many friends you have next? No not your make believe friends, just the ones you have on social media. Apparently things like that are your measuring stick:scratch:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that just to say that YOU THINK Montana was a better QB. Again, if Brady had the consensus best player in the history of the league to throw to maybe he doesn't lose any Superbowls. Maybe he goes to more than 7. Maybe if Montana was constantly losing players around him because of a salary cap he doesn't even win 4. Many factors in why both teams won championships. Brady is the best. that's my opinion. You can write another book about it and it won't change how I think about it.
yeah but imagine the rules they have now were in play when those guys played OMG the numbers Rice and Montana would of had. Its an easier game for the offense now. It benefits them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Montana #1 Brady #2 but with a win Brady will be either 1B or 1A.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have have 5 times as many posts moron. If getting likes on SportsHoopla validates your life I feel sorry for you. Why don't you tell us how many friends you have next? No not your make believe friends, just the ones you have on social media. Apparently things like that are your measuring stick:scratch:
You can get back to me if you ever reach 1000 likes. Of course I don't need SportsHoopla or any other forum to validate my life but you are sadly lacking in forming an articulate opinion on anything.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Montana #1 Brady #2 but with a win Brady will be either 1B or 1A.
So number of SB wins is your measuring stick for great QB's.