• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Brady makes the sb and loses

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that Peyton Manning guy? There are a lot of Brady fans that just love to chuck out the 'Peyton is a playoff choke artist' and 'Brady is a post season hero.' Problem with that narrative (which was a joke in the first place) is that Peyton is now 3-2 vs Brady in the January games.

Pretty stupid to believe that Brady is a better post-season guy than Montana, when head-to-head he can't even topple the supposed 'playoff choker.'

An interesting thing....Manning's 4 Super Bowl teams have all had different HC's - Dungy, Caldwell, Fox and now Kubiak. "Manning is the HC whereas Brady rides BB's coattails." An oldie but a goody, and surely a great narrative to reignite that comparison. Oooorrr...."Manning could become the first QB ever to win Super Bowls with two different franchises."

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that Peyton Manning guy? There are a lot of Brady fans that just love to chuck out the 'Peyton is a playoff choke artist' and 'Brady is a post season hero.' Problem with that narrative (which was a joke in the first place) is that Peyton is now 3-2 vs Brady in the January games.

Pretty stupid to believe that Brady is a better post-season guy than Montana, when head-to-head he can't even topple the supposed 'playoff choker.'

An interesting thing....Manning's 4 Super Bowl teams have all had different HC's - Dungy, Caldwell, Fox and now Kubiak. "Manning is the HC whereas Brady rides BB's coattails." An oldie but a goody, and surely a great narrative to reignite that comparison. Oooorrr...."Manning could become the first QB ever to win Super Bowls with two different franchises."

Peyton is better than Brady. Just like Marino is better than Montana. Brady and Montana have just accomplished more than they did in their careers, so they get more love. I'll take the better passers on my team all day every day.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton is better than Brady. Just like Marino is better than Montana. Brady and Montana have just accomplished more than they did in their careers, so they get more love. I'll take the better passers on my team all day every day.

If you believe so...that's fine. I've always thought based simply on overall arm talent, there has never been anybody like Marino. On the flip side of that, I could probably say the same thing about Jeff George as being the 'better passer.' No...I am not comparing Jeff George to anybody...just saying there is more to the QB position in general.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe so...that's fine. I've always thought based simply on overall arm talent, there has never been anybody like Marino. On the flip side of that, I could probably say the same thing about Jeff George as being the 'better passer.' No...I am not comparing Jeff George to anybody...just saying there is more to the QB position in general.

I agree. When it comes to the GOAT discussion, it's a lot of different variables. You can't just go off of one. Overall accomplishments? Brady. Most clutch? Montana. Most talented? Marino. Smartest? Peyton. Arguments can be put together for all of them. And that's leaving out some other greats which isn't fair to them. Honestly, crowning a GOAT in anything is kind of pointless. Every QB had their strengths and weaknesses.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Brady haters, if it lasts longer than 4 hours, better see the doc.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jak :fap:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. When it comes to the GOAT discussion, it's a lot of different variables. You can't just go off of one. Overall accomplishments? Brady. Most clutch? Montana. Most talented? Marino. Smartest? Peyton. Arguments can be put together for all of them. And that's leaving out some other greats which isn't fair to them. Honestly, crowning a GOAT in anything is kind of pointless. Every QB had their strengths and weaknesses.

Agreed.......And so much plays into Tom Bradys' "accomplishments", like Viantieri, Great defense, Bill Belichick, Tuck Rules, and the fact that Chad Pennington is the best QB to play in the AFC East since Brady Entered the league....

How many QB's in this league would be winning the AFC East every season for the past 15 years?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you've spooged in every anti-Pats thread on the board this morning.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Brady and Manning this year is that Brady was having an MVP season while Manning was fighting to prolong his career enough to make it through the season.

Brady did and so did Manning with yesterday's game. Both were pretty big stories.

All the talk about coattails for Brady are pretty ironic given the current Manning role on the Denver.. Right??

Yesterday's win help's Manning salvage his reputation somewhat from the wreckage of the last two years, starting with his last Superbowl. It was certainly a good performance on his part. A Superbowl win would enable him to go walking off in the sunset on a very good note.

But it will be the Denver Defense that will get him there.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talk about coattails for Brady are pretty ironic given the current Manning role on the Denver.. Right??

It's not. Everybody knows that this isn't Peyton's doing. If the Broncos beat the Panthers, it will be because of defense and running game. Peyton was a better player than Brady for most of their careers though. That's what we're saying.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Brady and Manning this year is that Brady was having an MVP season while Manning was fighting to prolong his career enough to make it through the season.

Brady did and so did Manning with yesterday's game. Both were pretty big stories.

Yesterday's win help's Manning salvage his reputation somewhat from the wreckage of the last two years, starting with his last Superbowl. It was certainly a good performance on his part. A Superbowl win would enable him to go walking off in the sunset on a very good note.

No matter what the outcome of SB 50 is I think Manning returns for 1 more season. He's currently tied w/ Favre for most regular season W's @ 186.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peyton wasnt much better than Tom yesterday

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Peyton was a better QB at their peaks and I think by a decent amount. BUT,,,Brady is still playing at a high level (sans yesterday) after all of these years. Peyton is really kind of just hanging on, while Brady is still one of the top QBs in the league THIS YEAR. IMO that puts Brady over Manning for their careers. it's kind of amazing how long Brady has been in the mix for best QB in the league and it looks like he still has a couple more years at that high level left.