• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Brady makes the sb and loses

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Montana retain his status as GOAT?

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Montana retain his status as GOAT?

Of course Montana is the GOAT. He'd have about ten rings with the talent Brady has had surrounding him. The fact that Brady needed to be bailed out by his kickers and defense to even win one should be endlessly shameful to him.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Brady loses a sb to a team who likely will not be back for another decade then Montana is still the GOAT.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'M Montana is the smartest QB, and Marino was the most talanted. I'd put both above Brady regardless of SB's

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no one GOAT... It's ignorant to assume everyone would agree on one player.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Montana is the GOAT. He'd have about ten rings with the talent Brady has had surrounding him. The fact that Brady needed to be bailed out by his kickers and defense to even win one should be endlessly shameful to him.

Brady would have had Rice (the only undisputed GOAT in this discussion) as his #1WR for 14-15 years.

Meanwhile Montana would have had a revolving door to contend with: Troy Brown, Dion Brach, David Givens, Reche Caldwell, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Julian Edelman as his #1 WRs over the years.

They both have had HOF coaches backing them up.

Beyond that, they both have their strengths and weaknesses when comparing the two. Both are in the discussion in the modern Superbowl era IMO.

Otto Graham/Paul Brown would be my GOAT (all eras) 10 Consecutive Title Games - 7 wins. No-one else is in the discussion IMO. In fact, It was Walsh who refined Paul Brown's offense as a former assistant.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Brady & the Patriots are cheaters. Repeated cheaters. Like paying-people-to-cheat-for-years cheaters. Nothing they accomplish have any validity anyway.

Dilfer & Brian Billick have a better legacy than Brady & Belicheat at this point.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady would have had Rice (the only undisputed GOAT in this discussion) as his #1WR for 14-15 years.

Meanwhile Montana would have had a revolving door to contend with: Troy Brown, Dion Brach, David Givens, Reche Caldwell, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Julian Edelman as his #1 WRs over the years.

They both have had HOF coaches backing them up.

Beyond that, they both have their strengths and weaknesses when comparing the two. Both are in the discussion in the modern Superbowl era IMO.

Otto Graham/Paul Brown would be my GOAT (all eras) 10 Consecutive Title Games - 7 wins. No-one else is in the discussion IMO. In fact, It was Walsh who refined Paul Brown's offense as a former assistant.

Rice would not have been the GOAT if he had to spend his career trying to pick up passes off his shoelaces.

Reactions: GNG

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice is still the GOAT. With or without stick-em.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB in this era belongs in that conversation to begin with. Arena league football these days. Manning, Brady have nothing on Montana. Peace.
Did Arena football have a salary cap to deal with? Niether did Montana. Not sure how well Montana's 200# frame would've held up in today's game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

chwbcn.gif

Montana had Rice for 6 years, not 14-15. He already had 2 SB rings before Rice was even drafted.

The only thing that could stop Montana was getting knocked out of the game in the NFCCG or strike years ('82 & '87).

...Or Steve Young of course.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 80727

Montana had Rice for 6 years, not 14-15. He already had 2 SB rings before Rice was even drafted.

The only thing that could stop Montana was getting knocked out of the game in the NFCCG or strike years ('82 & '87).

He made playoffs in 87 but lost in divisional to Minnesota.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, you're right. I thought Jerry came in before 1985. Too bad those Giants defenses (under Belichick) were a bit rough on Montana. I guess we have one thing in common, the Giants have been the bane of our respective dynasties.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady & the Patriots are cheaters. Repeated cheaters. Like paying-people-to-cheat-for-years cheaters. Nothing they accomplish have any validity anyway.

Dilfer & Brian Billick have a better legacy than Brady & Belicheat at this point.
.....giphy1515.gif

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

To be honest, that'd probably be my reaction too if I were a Patriots' fan. But cheating is cheating, and Rice did it too; so his legacy & his 3 Super Bowls are tainted as well.

I'm sure there's more cheating than we'll ever know, but that doesn't make it ok for the ones who get busted.

..What does it all mean? It's a game. It's not life & death.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.......aren't we talking about two different [kind of] eras.......salary-cap, free-agency, differant-rules,etc...?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
.......aren't we talking about two different [kind of] eras.......salary-cap, free-agency, differant-rules,etc...?

Yes, and that's why it's impossible to compare. Statistically, you can compare against the average when it comes to YPA, passer rating & so on (which I've done w/ about 8 QBs), but stats only really show efficiency; and efficiency isn't necessarily greatness.

But what doesn't change is the concept of playing by the rules. Belichick got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and he's a disgrace to the NFL. I'm sure a lot more people are, but we can't just assume that of anyone.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and that's why it's impossible to compare. Statistically, you can compare against the average when it comes to YPA, passer rating & so on (which I've done w/ about 8 QBs), but stats only really show efficiency; and efficiency isn't necessarily greatness.

But what doesn't change is the concept of playing by the rules. Belichick got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and he's a disgrace to the NFL. I'm sure a lot more people are, but we can't just assume that of anyone.
.........ehh,.....bending but not breaking/some rules, stealing signals [filming them] were surely done by others too according to bill cowher, ,..... seems like all that was ages ago to me/time to move on,...m.-op..