• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IDP help

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle @Yellow Fuzzies @femurov @Bandit @leftypower @broncosmitty @TKOSpikes @TREFF

anyone else out there that has some IDP knowledge feel free to toss your thoughts.

My 12tm league starts 1 DE/DT, 1 LB, 1 CB/S.
Scoring is 1pt/solo tackle and 0.5pt/assist + sacks and takeaways, fairly basic set up.
Did my pre-draft research, targeted White, Roq, and Leonard as my top 3 LBs and got Leonard.

Haven't really been getting the "pop" that I was expecting from Leonard so far, apparently he's been playing a little banged up or something this year.
Seeing a lot of what appears to be better options available since we only start 1, benches are shallow, and only 1-2 people have a LB2.

Cut bait on Leonard and chase points or stay the course with Leonard?

Top LBs in our scoring:
1632506528133.png

Barr ruled out already, which makes Vigil super tempting, imo. He's been filling up the stat sheet and picking right up where Eric Wilson left off last season as Barr's replacement. (Wilson was LB11 overall last season in this format)

De'Vondre Campbell should play 100% snaps with GB's injuries and coming off a big game
Perryman been playing all the snaps for Raiders
Kendricks also a good, consistent producer for IDP

just feel like there are some options out there and don't want to sit too long on a dud when they don't really score more than 8-12pts per week at LB position in general, I just need one of those guys vs the 4-5pts I've gotten from Leonard so far.

my opponent just got 10pts from Cunningham last night, I'm 0-2 and needing to turn this shit around

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell and Kendricks I think are both better options in the long run than Vigil is, but it's tough to give up on Leonard after two weeks. Do you have anybody else you could cut and just carry an extra linebacker for now?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell and Kendricks I think are both better options in the long run than Vigil is, but it's tough to give up on Leonard after two weeks. Do you have anybody else you could cut and just carry an extra linebacker for now?

Yeah I was wondering about that also, be nice to stash Leonard and go with Vigil for now.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle @Yellow Fuzzies @femurov @Bandit @leftypower @broncosmitty @TKOSpikes @TREFF

anyone else out there that has some IDP knowledge feel free to toss your thoughts.

Scoring is 1pt/solo tackle and 0.5pt/assist + sacks and takeaways, fairly basic set up.
Did my pre-draft research, targeted White, Roq, and Leonard as my top 3 LBs and got Leonard.

Haven't really been getting the "pop" that I was expecting from Leonard so far, apparently he's been playing a little banged up or something this year.
Seeing a lot of what appears to be better options available since we only start 1, benches are shallow, and only 1-2 people have a LB2.

Top LBs in our scoring:
View attachment 280632

Barr ruled out already, which makes Vigil super tempting, imo. He's been filling up the stat sheet and picking right up where Eric Wilson left off last season as Barr's replacement. (Wilson was LB11 overall last season in this format)

De'Vondre Campbell should play 100% snaps with GB's injuries and coming off a big game

just feel like there are some options out there and don't want to sit too long on a dud when they don't really score more than 8-12pts per week at LB position in general, I just need one of those guys vs the 4-5pts I've gotten from Leonard so far.

my opponent just got 10pts from Cunningham last night, I'm 0-2 and needing to turn this shit around

Not to be a homer, but Milano is always around the ball too.

I would want to try and hold Leonard though.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I was wondering about that also, be nice to stash Leonard and go with Vigil for now.

I am currently trying to play matchups with Jonnu and J.Cook at TE, only redraft I did this year where I didn't come away with Waller. Picking 12th, I missed out on the top 3 before it came back to me in the 3rd round, then missed out on Hock/Andrews before the next turn so I said F'it on TE during the draft, and didn't hit gold with Gronk.

So I could drop Jonnu? Cook has the better matchup again vs KC this week.

With this format, I also think streaming LBs would be a good option, but then when I think about streaming LBs, Leonard vs D Henry seems like the right matchup to stream, lol!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team (haven't locked lineup in yet, I review my redraft leagues last after dynos)

1632512960940.png

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually debating dropping Jonnu for Dan Jones vs Falcons this week

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I treat IDP like kickers.
They can be good 1 week and invisible the next.
My general rule is to look for guys who are on the field longer
I wouldnt cut Leonard loose just yet, but if you feel you need a spark, take the LB whose offense may help with not so many 3 and outs like Virgil or Kendricks.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I treat IDP like kickers.
They can be good 1 week and invisible the next.
My general rule is to look for guys who are on the field longer
I wouldnt cut Leonard loose just yet, but if you feel you need a spark, take the LB whose offense may help with not so many 3 and outs like Virgil or Kendricks.

Leonard and Okereke have both played 100% of indy's defensive snaps so far, going against Henry, I think I have to stick it out 1 more week with Leonard before making a move

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Wagner and Jordyn Brooks both racked up a bunch of tackles vs the Titans last week, I think that also bodes well for a Leonard bounce back in the stat column

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Top LBs in our scoring:
View attachment 280632

Keep Leonard. He’s the #1 player on his side of the ball in the entire league. Vigil will be a part time player at some point soon.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off. you keep Leonard.
As far as LBs & DBs I research who the tacklers are.
I would rather have the consistent points from players like this vs. feast or famine players. (like a lot of the sack artists or INTs)
Leonard most likely will lead his team in tackles. I actually have Leonard on my team. he wont see the bench until his bye week.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once you get down to Jonnu Smith and Jared Cook land you are hoping for a touchdown because neither of those guys sees enough targets to be a consistent fantasy producer. I would really try and turn one of those running backs into a better tight end option. Right now Gronk was drafted way low, so whoever has him I'd look for the other tight end they drafted and go after him. Hopefully he will think that Gronk will sustain what he's done in the first two weeks and be willing to part with whoever else he drafted. If it's Hockenson or Fant or somebody in that range I think that might be worth it, but back to your original question, I drop Jonnu for Kendricks if it was me. I can't imagine there will be a mad rush to pick him up off of waivers by anybody else.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for me in looking at your team, I think you could easily part ways with Murray more so than Jonnu. .... I personally like most of the LB options you've mentioned, but Wagner would be the LB pick for me in redraft. .....

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for me in looking at your team, I think you could easily part ways with Murray more so than Jonnu. .... I personally like most of the LB options you've mentioned, but Wagner would be the LB pick for me in redraft. .....
Wagner is the leading tackler right now in my league.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagner is the leading tackler right now in my league.
An oldie but a goodie. ..... yr in, yr out. But as Treff pointed out - I'd be holding on to White for sure.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An oldie but a goodie. ..... yr in, yr out.
yeah but in my league there is no way he would be found on the waiver wire.
both my LB hasnt gone off yet but I have faith they will get it going soon.
Leonard & Devin White

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list I posted was the top LBs overall, not the top available, sorry for confusion

If you look at 2nd column, it shows the roster status.

Vigil, Campbell, Kendricks are top FA, Wagner is top scorer

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list I posted was the top LBs overall, not the top available, sorry for confusion

If you look at 2nd column, it shows the roster status.

Vigil, Campbell, Kendricks are top FA, Wagner is top scorer
I missed that Shaq was on waivers...duh, he played Thursday night..nevermind