• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope the OSU fans that insisted Peppers was overrated and not 1st round talent...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused? You posted about the Browns being the Browns, then saying good team draft down, not up? Cleveland traded down from 12 and got an extra 1st round pick next year and the 25th pick this year, as well as the pick they traded to move back in the first to get Njoku.

So Cleveland had 3 first round picks this year and now have 2 first round picks and 3 2nd round picks next year.

And normally, I'd agree with the undervalued picks later in the draft. But once the NFL set a rookie pay scale -- NFL draft picks, where you can draft immediate starters are like gold. To put it in perspective -- when Detroit drafted Stafford, we had to give him a 70+ million dollar contract with 41 million guaranteed.
Jared Goff for a contract the same length is getting paid 27.9 million last year because of the Rookie pay scale they installed.

How many did the Patriots take in the 1st round?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is overrated and wasn't a first round talent. How is this even being brought up? The Browns did Browns shit on that move.

That said, it's a total win/win for Browns fans. If he pans out, great, we didn't fuck the pick up. If he fails miserably, I'll be proud to say it was my team that destroyed his dream. Perfect.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is overrated and wasn't a first round talent. How is this even being brought up? The Browns did Browns shit on that move.

That said, it's a total win/win for Browns fans. If he pans out, great, we didn't fuck the pick up. If he fails miserably, I'll be proud to say it was my team that destroyed his dream. Perfect.
The Browns are so fecal, that they probably would have made Elway a bust.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see where fans of other teams were talking about how great Peppers was and how he should be a Heisman trophy candidate.

Michigan fans didn't vote for Peppers to go to New York for the Heisman presentation.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many did the Patriots take in the 1st round?

The Patriots who traded their first round pick for Brandin Cooks, who is in the last year of his contract and they will have to overpay to keep him?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots who traded their first round pick for Brandin Cooks, who is in the last year of his contract and they will have to overpay to keep him?

Yeah, the Patriots are known to make stupid choices during the draft, not the Browns.

:lol:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Patriots are known to make stupid choices during the draft, not the Browns.

Are you slow?

YOU said Browns being the Browns. I said they had a great draft.

YOU said trading back, not up is the way to go. I pointed out Cleveland not only traded back, but picked up another 1st round pick next year, as well as having 3 2nd round picks next year.

YOU said the good teams draft undervalued players in the later round. I pointed out with the rookie pay scale, draft picks are gold, because the contracts are pennies to the dollar on what they used to be.

YOU brought up the Patriots draft this year. I pointed out they traded their 1st round pick for a player whose rookie deal is almost over and they will have to overpay him.

I can tell by your comments in this thread -- you don't follow the NFL at all, but feel free to talk in circles like you did in the other. It is entertaining. :lol:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The kid is 215 and ran a 4.46 with a 35.5 vertical. He was going to go in round 1, just based on athletic ability. Only reason he was questioned was, because Michigan played him at LB. He needs some coaching, but he has All-Pro ability

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you slow?

YOU said Browns being the Browns. I said they had a great draft.

YOU said trading back, not up is the way to go. I pointed out Cleveland not only traded back, but picked up another 1st round pick next year, as well as having 3 2nd round picks next year.

YOU said the good teams draft undervalued players in the later round. I pointed out with the rookie pay scale, draft picks are gold, because the contracts are pennies to the dollar on what they used to be.

YOU brought up the Patriots draft this year. I pointed out they traded their 1st round pick for a player whose rookie deal is almost over and they will have to overpay him.

I can tell by your comments in this thread -- you don't follow the NFL at all, but feel free to talk in circles like you did in the other. It is entertaining. :lol:

Did the Browns still use 1st round picks?

Oh, they used more than 1?

Ok, shut the fuck up.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I still think his best position is RB and wish we would have used him more there.
LOL. Surprise..Surprise...! Just knew it had to be you @MAIZEandBLUE09 to post this thread. Those poor Browns fans continue to get tortured by the FO. I think Peppers position in the NFL will be safety. I think he can be a solid NFL safety. That being said, only the Browns can screw this up.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS @TheRobotDevil. You know damn well Conley will be a solid CB for years in Raiders gear. Your change in tune will be different once he performs this upcoming season.
I wasn't happy because of the uncertainty of his future.That's the thing. We were just talking about this the other day on the college football boards. And I really don't think the girls story makes sense. A lot of it just doesn't add up. I go much further into detail with it in Thread. Right. Ow it's wait and see. If he's cleared of the allegations it's a steal. If not it's got the potential to be a disaster. I'm hoping all goes well and you're right .

I did get Adoree. Ring drafted before peppers right tho

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Browns still use 1st round picks?

Oh, they used more than 1?

Ok, shut the fuck up.

THAT is your response? :lol::dhd::pound::thumb:

Do yourself a favor and steer clear of discussions where you lack knowledge. :suds:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't happy because of the uncertainty of his future.That's the thing. We were just talking about this the other day on the college football boards. And I really don't think the girls story makes sense. A lot of it just doesn't add up. I go much further into detail with it in Thread. Right. Ow it's wait and see. If he's cleared of the allegations it's a steal. If not it's got the potential to be a disaster. I'm hoping all goes well and you're right .

I did get Adoree. Ring drafted before peppers right tho
http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/26/gareon-conley-video-r*pe-accuser-bar/

The Raiders did there homework for endless hours. In the end, I believe Conley will innocent (still bad decision to be in this position) and will put this on the back burner. Raiders got themselves a nice corner.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Figured I'd point out -- New England didn't make any choices during the draft. The trade was made 6 weeks ago. Just saying.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT is your response? :lol::dhd::pound::thumb:

Do yourself a favor and steer clear of discussions where you lack knowledge. :suds:

Only you could look at a team who uses 2 1st round picks, including the #1 overall pick as a team that has somehow drafted down because they gave up 1 pick. As if the NFL just up and gave the Browns 3 1st round picks to start the draft.

On top of which, you are sitting here trying to claim that they had a good draft, when they used the #1 pick on a DE that some think might be another Clowney type, and the most laughable pick in the draft in Peppers.

And I'm the one who needs to steer clear of these discussions?

giphy.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured I'd point out -- New England didn't make any choices during the draft. The trade was made 6 weeks ago. Just saying.

Well shit, I was unaware the teams didn't start making draft choices until the draft started.

I guess I do have it all wrong. I've been thinking the draft was something teams spent a good majority of the past few months working on.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only you could look at a team who uses 2 1st round picks, including the #1 overall pick as a team that has somehow drafted down because they gave up 1 pick. As if the NFL just up and gave the Browns 3 1st round picks to start the draft.

On top of which, you are sitting here trying to claim that they had a good draft, when they used the #1 pick on a DE that some think might be another Clowney type, and the most laughable pick in the draft in Peppers.

And I'm the one who needs to steer clear of these discussions?

giphy.gif

They took the consensus #1 player in the draft, by a landslide. The old Cleveland would have did what Chicago did and drafted a QB even if they were undeserving.

Great move #1

At pick 12 -- they could have spent the pick on Watson, but they obviously didn't like him. They could have drafted OJ Howard. Instead they trade back to 25 and pick up a first rounder next year and I think a 4th rounder this year.

Great Move #2

At pick 25 -- they take Peppers, a guy who was a 2nd team all-American as a safety his first year and a 1st team all-American LB last year. Cleveland's coach has already said they were putting him at Safety, which is the perfect spot for him. Will also upgrade their return games as well.

I like the pick

At pick 29 -- they give up the 4th round pick they got when they dealt the 12th to move back 4 spots to get Njoku, who was the #2 TE and will help out immediately with the QB's.

Great move #3

Old Cleveland would have reached for a QB. Old Cleveland would have wasted a top 12 pick on a TE (like my Lions did).

New Cleveland gets 3 starters AND another 1st round pick in 2018.

Stick to asking people about the Patriots when they traded their draft pick 6 weeks ago

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/26/gareon-conley-video-r*pe-accuser-bar/

The Raiders did there homework for endless hours. In the end, I believe Conley will innocent (still bad decision to be in this position) and will put this on the back burner. Raiders got themselves a nice corner.
I saw the video. Which is just one more reason her story doesn't add up. She claims she met him in the hotel elevator. ill tag you in the other thread. I was more concerned with the allegations looming. Not the player .But he did interview very well with the Raiders. Pass a lie detected test. And volunteer a DNA sample. So I'm hoping this is handled in a prompt manner. The authorities get this right .And he can focus on football