• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope the OSU fans that insisted Peppers was overrated and not 1st round talent...

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Peppers is too small to ever see the field at LB, doesn't have the ball skills to play CB......he's most likely going to play S

And I disagree, he could have dropped to the second round, he was no sure fire first round pick. He's a great athlete, but his size limits his playability.

Will be interesting to see what the Browns do with him.
Personally, I still think his best position is RB and wish we would have used him more there.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when you thought it couldn't get worse for Browns fans, they go and do something like this.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a strong safety with speed for days can also blitz, play in the box against the run, and can cover TE's with ease. Yeah this guy is going to suck, especially in today's NFL where a nickel back that can play in the box is so coveted.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King is much more talented than Rapely.

According to? I looked at 5 sites and all but one had Conley ranked higher than King and the one that didn't had them tied. King may have been the better pick due to the accusation hanging over Conleys head but certainly isn't more talented

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the thread topic I think Peppers can be great (as much as it pains me) as long as the Browns get him plugged into safety and keep him there. Experimenting with him like Michigan did does himself and the Browns no good.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice its Michigan rivals that somehow don't like this pick.
So the people that have seen him play the most short of Michigan fans and saw that he was a hype machine but did not provide much in the way of actual statistics to prove that he was a great player worthy of being a first round draft pick. There is absolutely no reason he should have been up for the Heisman. Being great between the ears doesn't make you a first round draft pick. He may turn out to great but I view him like a tight end. It's a luxury pick for a team that is well built and just needs some fine tuning. The Browns need a new engine, trans, frame, and a paint job. Again it's a stretch for what they need.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the people that have seen him play the most short of Michigan fans and saw that he was a hype machine but did not provide much in the way of actual statistics to prove that he was a great player worthy of being a first round draft pick. There is absolutely no reason he should have been up for the Heisman. Being great between the ears doesn't make you a first round draft pick. He may turn out to great but I view him like a tight end. It's a luxury pick for a team that is well built and just needs some fine tuning. The Browns need a new engine, trans, frame, and a paint job. Again it's a stretch for what they need.

Problem is we never got to see what he could do if just concentrated on one job. Michigan needed him all over the field. In the NFL, he should get that chance then he gets to prove the hype right or wrong. I agree it was annoying all the accolades he got with not enough substance IMO

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL teams don't need a jack of all trades.......he needs to lock down and master ONE position.

He has the athletic ability to do it.......the question is how long it will take, and what position it will be.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: I don't think thread is going as OP intended.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is we never got to see what he could do if just concentrated on one job. Michigan needed him all over the field. In the NFL, he should get that chance then he gets to prove the hype right or wrong. I agree it was annoying all the accolades he got with not enough substance IMO
Like I said, he could be great but at this point, he's a project. The Browns don't need additional projects. Those coaches have their hands full revamping an entire team.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still not a top 2 pick to me... A safety is no QB.

R-A-W. Could be good or even elite, but I tend to think most of his rookie contract is up by then.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 1 of the guys that had me thinking. So many people talk about developing talent into NFL picks. Well, Peppers was drafted based on his athletic ability. His use at Michigan was actually a negative for the NFL.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ the Browns being the Browns.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the Browns draft this year. Did they get a new GM or something?

The good teams draft down, not up.

Only the teams that suck draft up with the fake notion that a person here and there is going to make a huge difference. Leaving them to overpay for a talent gap that's nowhere near as large as college football.

Meanwhile, the good teams take all the undervalued players later in the draft to make solid teams.

I hate that the Bears traded up to the 2nd pick to take a QB. Wasted draft.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched every game he played. The people clamoring about the hype machine are the fans of other teams.

I'd wager with confidence, he ends up at strong safety. He is near impossible to block in space and will be great in run support immediately for Cleveland, as well as on blitz packages. He has to work on his ball skills and play recognition as he is overly aggressive at times and bites on play action. He is a great open field tackler and closes quickly on ball carriers.

What he needs is to stick at one position and perfect that position. Also, the guy is a great kick returner and an even better punt returner (the amount of yards he saved the team just on short punts or angled punts was unreal)

On a team that is 4-28 the last two years and needs help everywhere -- he is a great addition.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punishment for diluted urine: you get drafted by the Browns.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched every game he played. The people clamoring about the hype machine are the fans of other teams.

I'd wager with confidence, he ends up at strong safety. He is near impossible to block in space and will be great in run support immediately for Cleveland, as well as on blitz packages. He has to work on his ball skills and play recognition as he is overly aggressive at times and bites on play action. He is a great open field tackler and closes quickly on ball carriers.

What he needs is to stick at one position and perfect that position. Also, the guy is a great kick returner and an even better punt returner (the amount of yards he saved the team just on short punts or angled punts was unreal)

On a team that is 4-28 the last two years and needs help everywhere -- he is a great addition.
I would like to see where fans of other teams were talking about how great Peppers was and how he should be a Heisman trophy candidate.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good teams draft down, not up.

Only the teams that suck draft up with the fake notion that a person here and there is going to make a huge difference. Leaving them to overpay for a talent gap that's nowhere near as large as college football.

Meanwhile, the good teams take all the undervalued players later in the draft to make solid teams.

I hate that the Bears traded up to the 2nd pick to take a QB. Wasted draft.

I'm confused? You posted about the Browns being the Browns, then saying good team draft down, not up? Cleveland traded down from 12 and got an extra 1st round pick next year and the 25th pick this year, as well as the pick they traded to move back in the first to get Njoku.

So Cleveland had 3 first round picks this year and now have 2 first round picks and 3 2nd round picks next year.

And normally, I'd agree with the undervalued picks later in the draft. But once the NFL set a rookie pay scale -- NFL draft picks, where you can draft immediate starters are like gold. To put it in perspective -- when Detroit drafted Stafford, we had to give him a 70+ million dollar contract with 41 million guaranteed.
Jared Goff for a contract the same length is getting paid 27.9 million last year because of the Rookie pay scale they installed.