• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope the OSU fans that insisted Peppers was overrated and not 1st round talent...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awfully big project for a 1st round pick.

If you pick up a guy in the 1st round, he should be someone you expect to play in the near future. If you gotta fix a guy up for the position, might as well take him later on and use your 1st round pick to either get someone who can start right away, or trade away for someone who you know can start right away.

Reminds me of the whole Amari Cooper vs Kevin White debate a few years back. Everyone always talked about how White had the potential to be the better WR with a little coaching, and that he was the better pick over Amari because of it. Amari was already "polished" was for some odd reason a knock against him, which was dumb.

White has played in a total of 4 games since then, for a total of 187 career yards while Amari has 2 seasons with over 1000 yards in each.
Ummm, he was coached by Hardbawlz, you aren't fixing, you are breaking the bestest habits a player can possibly have. Did you know Hardbawl coached in the NFL?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, he was coached by Hardbawlz, you aren't fixing, you are breaking the bestest habits a player can possibly have. Did you know Hardbawl coached in the NFL?

Well, the kid is magic. He's already managed to turn the Browns front office into the best the NFL has to offer.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new rookie wage scale was introduced before the start of the 2011 draft.

I unfortunately know that all too well. Detroit shelled out about 130 million in contracts for Stafford and Suh in 2009 and 2010. If we had drafted them in 2011 and 2012, it would have cost about 40 million (guesstimate).

I only went back to the last time NE traded back in the draft. In the two years I didn't list, they wasted 3 first round picks on Nate Solder, Chandler Jones and Don'te Hightower. What a waste, right 420?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point. If he was an elite DB, there's no way they'd of taken him away from that.

He was a 2nd team all-American at Safety in 2015. He didn't ask to move to LB, we literally had nothing coming back. He moves to LB and is named 1st team all-American.

If Cleveland was drafting him to be a free safety -- I'd say they were morons. As a strong safety, he is going to be very good because he is an excellent tackler and they can move him to the box when needed and also use him on blitz packages.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a 2nd team all-American at Safety in 2015. He didn't ask to move to LB, we literally had nothing coming back. He moves to LB and is named 1st team all-American.

If Cleveland was drafting him to be a free safety -- I'd say they were morons. As a strong safety, he is going to be very good because he is an excellent tackler and they can move him to the box when needed and also use him on blitz packages.
The guy was the most hyped player on name alone I've ever seen. If he was truly elite, he isn't getting taken 25th. You also had other options at LB, you chose to play him because he was better than them. If was truly an elite defensive back, you wouldn't have moved him. I see the Browns have already said they'll be finding a way to use him on offense. If he's even halfway decent on defense but is a good return man and contributes on offense, I'll be happy.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy was the most hyped player on name alone I've ever seen. If he was truly elite, he isn't getting taken 25th. You also had other options at LB, you chose to play him because he was better than them. If was truly an elite defensive back, you wouldn't have moved him. I see the Browns have already said they'll be finding a way to use him on offense. If he's even halfway decent on defense but is a good return man and contributes on offense, I'll be happy.

We graduated all our LB's the prior year and the starter weren't even good to begin. Joe Bolden, James Ross and Desmond Morgan. The cupboard was bare and it was BY FAR, the worst position group on the team.

UM was set at CB, they had depth at Safety -- they had no one to play LB. Ben Gedeon was the only guy who had any experience and it wasn't much. Mike McCray was never healthy for 3 years. They had nothing else and they had no one fast enough to play the Viper in Don Brown's defense, so they moved Peppers. Hell, even this year, the guy slated to play the Viper position is almost the exact same size as Peppers.

I'm telling you -- go watch a highlight reel of Peppers and watch someone try to block him in space. It is next to impossible -- at LB, too many times he got swallowed up on the 2nd level, at strong safety, he will make a lot of stops on screens and outside runs for you. I think he will be a really good strong safety for Cleveland and will help in the rush defense immediately and will definitely help in the return game. I heard they were talking about using him on offense, but I think that is too much. Let him work at one position.