• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope the OSU fans that insisted Peppers was overrated and not 1st round talent...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They took the consensus #1 player in the draft, by a landslide. The old Cleveland would have did what Chicago did and drafted a QB even if they were undeserving.

Great move #1

They took the most hyped pick in the draft? And that's not the Browns being the Browns how?

At pick 12 -- they could have spent the pick on Watson, but they obviously didn't like him. They could have drafted OJ Howard. Instead they trade back to 25 and pick up a first rounder next year and I think a 4th rounder this year.

Great Move #2

So they trade down once.

At pick 25 -- they take Peppers, a guy who was a 2nd team all-American as a safety his first year and a 1st team all-American LB last year. Cleveland's coach has already said they were putting him at Safety, which is the perfect spot for him. Will also upgrade their return games as well.

And the Browns pick up another what? Another player who has been nothing but hype.

I like the pick

Hang on, let me find my shock face. Meanwhile, everyone else grades it as....F.

At pick 29 -- they give up the 4th round pick they got when they dealt the 12th to move back 4 spots to get Njoku, who was the #2 TE and will help out immediately with the QB's.

Great move #3

And their 3rd 1st round pick that I had forgotten about, from the team that you claim "drafted down".

Old Cleveland would have reached for a QB. Old Cleveland would have wasted a top 12 pick on a TE (like my Lions did).

New Cleveland gets 3 starters AND another 1st round pick in 2018.

Old Cleveland drafted 1st round hype. Cleveland this year drafted...1st round hype.

Stick to asking people about the Patriots when they traded their draft pick 6 weeks ago

That was the point dipshit.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, I was unaware the teams didn't start making draft choices until the draft started.

I guess I do have it all wrong. I've been thinking the draft was something teams spent a good majority of the past few months working on.

Weeeeeee. Let's talk in circles and pretend I had any idea New England had traded their draft pick weeks ago -- to support the comment of good teams trade back. :pound::pound:

You are a mess. :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeeeeee. Let's talk in circles and pretend I had any idea New England had traded their draft pick weeks ago -- to support the comment of good teams trade back. :pound::pound:

You are a mess. :L

New England didn't draft anyone in the 1st round because it's a waste. That was the entire point dipshit.

That New England made the trade 6 weeks ago only goes to further prove that point.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid is 215 and ran a 4.46 with a 35.5 vertical. He was going to go in round 1, just based on athletic ability. Only reason he was questioned was, because Michigan played him at LB. He needs some coaching, but he has All-Pro ability
He has all-pro measurables and athleticism. I highly question his instincts though.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched every game he played. The people clamoring about the hype machine are the fans of other teams.

I'd wager with confidence, he ends up at strong safety. He is near impossible to block in space and will be great in run support immediately for Cleveland, as well as on blitz packages. He has to work on his ball skills and play recognition as he is overly aggressive at times and bites on play action. He is a great open field tackler and closes quickly on ball carriers.

What he needs is to stick at one position and perfect that position. Also, the guy is a great kick returner and an even better punt returner (the amount of yards he saved the team just on short punts or angled punts was unreal)

On a team that is 4-28 the last two years and needs help everywhere -- he is a great addition.

:nod: Agreed and they (Browns) come back in the second and snag Budda Baker as FS and their back end of the secondary could be some serious head hunters with ball hawking skills....

Greg Williams took over the Browns defense this year, guy like people that are going to get up in the box and make tackles, trading down from 12 was a no brainer, there was or isn't true pro ready QB.....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England didn't draft anyone in the 1st round because it's a waste. That was the entire point dipshit.

That New England made the trade 6 weeks ago only goes to further prove that point.

Did you literally just say drafting anyone in the first round is a waste? :pound::pound::pound:

You are absolutely clueless. I will break down New England for you, since you like to talk about them. PRE-NFL rookie pay scale -- New England would trade down all the time. Why? Because you were paying superstar contracts for players who had never played a snap.

Since it was introduced -- New England has only traded down once in the first round. Why? Because they picked at the end of the 1st round and only had 4 picks in the draft.

2014 -- Drafted Dominique Easley
2015 -- Drafted Malcolm Brown
2016 -- They didn't have one because of deflategate
2017 -- They traded it for a rookie contract that expires after a year. Great player, but they are going to have to pay for that player.

So New England has "traded down" exactly 1 times since the new rookie pay scale has been around. So continue talking out your ass about something you are clueless about.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They took the most hyped pick in the draft? And that's not the Browns being the Browns how?

They took the consensus #1 pick in the draft. EVERYONE had Garrett as the #1 player in the draft. That isn't hype -- that is a fact.

So they trade down once.

Yes and they got ANOTHER first round pick for it. Think of it like this -- obviously they wanted to get a TE. Instead of OJ Howard. They got David Njoku AND a first round pick. I will take that all day long.

And I know this will come as a shock, but Cleveland has a ton of needs, BUT they have to start drafting talent at some point. 3 starters on day 1 is a great draft, IMO, especially when you consider they have 5 of the top 50 picks next year.

Hang on, let me find my shock face. Meanwhile, everyone else grades it as....F.

Who is everyone? Pete Prisco? That is who they quoted earlier.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And their 3rd 1st round pick that I had forgotten about, from the team that you claim "drafted down"

You can't continue trading down -- at some point value comes into play and you need to fill holes. Trading down 13 picks and getting another 1st rounder next year is huge.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They took the consensus #1 pick in the draft. EVERYONE had Garrett as the #1 player in the draft. That isn't hype -- that is a fact.

Yes and they got ANOTHER first round pick for it. Think of it like this -- obviously they wanted to get a TE. Instead of OJ Howard. They got David Njoku AND a first round pick. I will take that all day long.

And I know this will come as a shock, but Cleveland has a ton of needs, BUT they have to start drafting talent at some point. 3 starters on day 1 is a great draft, IMO, especially when you consider they have 5 of the top 50 picks next year.

Who is everyone? Pete Prisco? That is who they quoted earlier.

I'm not going to keep arguing with you. I'm just going to bookmark this thread and then laugh when you are the guy who thought the Browns drafted well.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Cleveland drafted 1st round hype. Cleveland this year drafted...1st round hype.

What hype? They took the best player in the draft. They traded down instead of wasting a top 12 pick on a TE and got Njoku at 29, and they needed a safety and took Peppers, who they said they will be using in the return game too.

What hype did they draft?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to keep arguing with you. I'm just going to bookmark this thread and then laugh when you are the guy who thought the Browns drafted well.

There is NOTHING to argue about. I just spelled out how clueless you are on this topic. You LITERALLY said -- drafting in the 1st round is a waste. And you said this AFTER I explained to you how different it is now with the rookie pay scale in place.

Once you said that -- you've lost ALL credibility. Then talking about NE, who hasn't traded back out of the 1st round in YEARS.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is NOTHING to argue about. I just spelled out how clueless you are on this topic. You LITERALLY said -- drafting in the 1st round is a waste. And you said this AFTER I explained to you how different it is now with the rookie pay scale in place.

Once you said that -- you've lost ALL credibility. Then talking about NE, who hasn't traded back out of the 1st round in YEARS.

slide_317276_2917128_free.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 2 sentences back to back is why I'm not even going to argue with you.

Todd McShay, ESPN: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Peter Schrager, FOX Sports: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Peter King, MMQB.com: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Pete Prisco, CBS Sports: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
John Harris, Washington Post: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Matt Miller, Bleacher Report: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Chris Burke, Sports Illustrated: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

Here are the experts picks for the #1 pick BEFORE the draft -- tell me more about the hype and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me who the #1 pick should have been.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd McShay, ESPN: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Peter Schrager, FOX Sports: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Peter King, MMQB.com: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Pete Prisco, CBS Sports: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
John Harris, Washington Post: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Matt Miller, Bleacher Report: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Chris Burke, Sports Illustrated: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

Here are the experts picks for the #1 pick BEFORE the draft -- tell me more about the hype and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me who the #1 pick should have been.

giphy.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to know. Played multiple spots, so didn't develop the skills.
That's the point. If he was an elite DB, there's no way they'd of taken him away from that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you literally just say drafting anyone in the first round is a waste? :pound::pound::pound:

You are absolutely clueless. I will break down New England for you, since you like to talk about them. PRE-NFL rookie pay scale -- New England would trade down all the time. Why? Because you were paying superstar contracts for players who had never played a snap.

Since it was introduced -- New England has only traded down once in the first round. Why? Because they picked at the end of the 1st round and only had 4 picks in the draft.

2014 -- Drafted Dominique Easley
2015 -- Drafted Malcolm Brown
2016 -- They didn't have one because of deflategate
2017 -- They traded it for a rookie contract that expires after a year. Great player, but they are going to have to pay for that player.

So New England has "traded down" exactly 1 times since the new rookie pay scale has been around. So continue talking out your ass about something you are clueless about.

The new rookie wage scale was introduced before the start of the 2011 draft.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid is 215 and ran a 4.46 with a 35.5 vertical. He was going to go in round 1, just based on athletic ability. Only reason he was questioned was, because Michigan played him at LB. He needs some coaching, but he has All-Pro ability

Awfully big project for a 1st round pick.

If you pick up a guy in the 1st round, he should be someone you expect to play in the near future. If you gotta fix a guy up for the position, might as well take him later on and use your 1st round pick to either get someone who can start right away, or trade away for someone who you know can start right away.

Reminds me of the whole Amari Cooper vs Kevin White debate a few years back. Everyone always talked about how White had the potential to be the better WR with a little coaching, and that he was the better pick over Amari because of it. Amari was already "polished" was for some odd reason a knock against him, which was dumb.

White has played in a total of 4 games since then, for a total of 187 career yards while Amari has 2 seasons with over 1000 yards in each.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awfully big project for a 1st round pick.

If you pick up a guy in the 1st round, he should be someone you expect to play in the near future. If you gotta fix a guy up for the position, might as well take him later on and use your 1st round pick to either get someone who can start right away, or trade away for someone who you know can start right away.

Reminds me of the whole Amari Cooper vs Kevin White debate a few years back. Everyone always talked about how White had the potential to be the better WR with a little coaching, and that he was the better pick over Amari because of it. Amari was already "polished" was for some odd reason a knock against him, which was dumb.

White has played in a total of 4 games since then, for a total of 187 career yards while Amari has 2 seasons with over 1000 yards in each.

The OSU safety went. He is a project. Safety that is Deon Sanders physical. I get your point tough. Just saying no way he gets out of the 1st round. Maybe a reach at 15, but you take him all day at 30