• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypocritical Jordan whining again.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kukoc/Pippen/Jordan could have been considered a superteam back in his day

2 Hall of Famers and one of the best European players ever

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got no problem with a super team that did it mostly through the draft. It's the free agents that all pile on and pick 1 team that I think is pathetic.

The league has never been so top heavy and it's never been this full of trash at the bottom.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand, and to a point, agree with the old guys. There were superteams, but they were built via trades and the draft. The old guys say they wouldn't want to team up with each other because that was the culture they were "raised in." It was go out and beat the other guys ass. To this day, they all still crack on each other about their rivalries back in the day.

Imo, things like AAU have changed the way players view each other. They don't really see each other as "the enemy" anymore. They play AAU ball together and become friends. Of course they want to play together.

Back in the day, Magic and Bird, for example, didn't know each other (and therefore didn't like each other), they only knew what was said about the other guy. It wasn't until the Converse commercial that they became friends. By then, beating the hell out of each other was so ingrained in them...I'm not sure they would have teamed up, even if they could have. lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember in his prime when all people expected the Bulls to win every year lol really hypocritical to say something like this

At least now you have the:
GSW - best team
Cavs - team that has the best player
Spurs - when healthy proved to be able to beat the warriors (with a HOF coach)
OKC - newly formed super team

Then the Rockets, Celtics who have talents.

Jordan in the 90s had what?
Bulls - best team
with the best player
with a great coach

and the rest had great talents but we all knew they were no match for what the Bulls have

However Ewing didn't leave the Knicks and join the Bulls because he couldn't get by Jordan.

And I don't think Jordan is whining, just making a comment that's what the current NBA has become. Pretty sure he knows the NBA a little better than all of us.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got no problem with a super team that did it mostly through the draft. It's the free agents that all pile on and pick 1 team that I think is pathetic.

The league has never been so top heavy and it's never been this full of trash at the bottom.

Actually, it has been this top heavy. In the 80's, it was the Lakers, Celtics, Sixers and that was pretty much it.

For a good chunk of the 90's, it was MJ's Bulls and that was pretty much it.

Early 2000's? Lakers and Spurs. Not much else.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However Ewing didn't leave the Knicks and join the Bulls because he couldn't get by Jordan.

And I don't think Jordan is whining, just making a comment that's what the current NBA has become. Pretty sure he knows the NBA a little better than all of us.
Durant's fault

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it has been this top heavy. In the 80's, it was the Lakers, Celtics, Sixers and that was pretty much it.

For a good chunk of the 90's, it was MJ's Bulls and that was pretty much it.

Early 2000's? Lakers and Spurs. Not much else.

The league in the 90s had way more superstars per team than now I disagree. Some of these teams now have jack. The bottom is bad. And the top has 2 legit teams, sorry I'm not buying the Celtics can hang with the Warriors. Celtics did shit last year dam near got beat by the Bulls

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league in the 90s had way more superstars per team than now I disagree. Some of these teams now have jack. The bottom is bad. And the top has 2 legit teams, sorry I'm not buying the Celtics can hang with the Warriors. Celtics did shit last year dam near got beat by the Bulls
C's are essentially a new team.

And I don't really think they're better tbh. People get excited over change.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol. No they didn't. It was pretty much just like it is now. There was the Bulls and everyone was chasing them because they were that much better. Now it's the Warriors sitting in the Bulls spot.

The bottom of the league in the 90's was just as bad as it is now.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C's are essentially a new team.

And I don't really think they're better tbh. People get excited over change.

I think the Celtics are the only chance the East has to dethrone the Cavs. I think Kyrie struggles being the man unless he gets everyone involved. But is he that kind of PG? You and I are old school bball Schmitty and it's just a different Eastern conference. Not the black and blue we knew

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. No they didn't. It was pretty much just like it is now. There was the Bulls and everyone was chasing them because they were that much better. Now it's the Warriors sitting in the Bulls spot.

The bottom of the league in the 90's was just as bad as it is now.

Lol. Look at the playoffs last year. It was pathetic in both the West and East. Oh but the Cavs and Warriors were sooooo good :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Look at the playoffs last year. It was pathetic in both the West and East. Oh but the Cavs and Warriors were sooooo good :L

Look at the 90's playoffs, especially during the two 3peats...not much better. You can accept that the Bulls were just that good, but not the Warriors and Cavs?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone wake me up when the 2018 finals happen

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess trash wasn't the right word but IMO there are currently 3 or maybe 4 teams who can win the title

Trash was the right word. It's Cavs/Warriors and then the dumpster. Don't let the offended people sway you.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Celtics are the only chance the East has to dethrone the Cavs. I think Kyrie struggles being the man unless he gets everyone involved. But is he that kind of PG? You and I are old school bball Schmitty and it's just a different Eastern conference. Not the black and blue we knew
I don't like coming across as a hater. But I am.

Less and less guys that bang and play borderline "dirty". (Why I love Draymond.)

The old Eastern Conference ball was how I was taught and what i saw. Not just me being coached, but watching and working County League and playing pick up ball. It was the game I knew. Across cultures and everything.

Feel like an old man yelling at clouds sometimes. (Im with you on Boston being the only other option. Washington just isn't quite there. Kyrie better enjoy being the man, Gordo is no BronBron.)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like coming across as a hater. But I am.

Less and less guys that bang and play borderline "dirty". (Why I love Draymond.)

The old Eastern Conference ball was how I was taught and what i saw. Not just me being coached, but watching and working County League and playing pick up ball. It was the game I knew. Across cultures and everything.

Feel like an old man yelling at clouds sometimes. (Im with you on Boston being the only other option. Washington just isn't quite there. Kyrie better enjoy being the man, Gordo is no BronBron.)

My favorite era was the 80's. Imo, it was the right mix of finesse and physical basketball. I enjoyed the 90's, but it got too physical and was often more basketbrawl than basketball. It was fun because it seemed like there was some genuine hate (not to mention some pretty good fights), but it got too far away from actual basketball.