• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypocritical Jordan whining again.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan: Superteams mean 28 'garbage' teams

I was a huge fan of him as a player. But every time he opens his mouth he is always bitching about something and pretending that the game was so much better back in his day.
You're going to have one or two teams that are going to be great, and another 28 teams that are going to be garbage.

As an NBA owner how in the world does he think this helps the league much less his team?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he wrong?

Yes, actually he is.

There are only a couple teams that can even possibly compete with the Warriors, but that does not mean the other 28 are trash. The Warriors are just that good.

There are at least 6-7 other teams that are pretty damn good. Possibly more.

That is what the 90s lovers fail to recognize. They assume the rest of the league is garbage because they can't compete with GS. It isn't true. There are very few teams in the history of the league that would have been able to.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, actually he is.

There are only a couple teams that can even possibly compete with the Warriors, but that does not mean the other 28 are trash. The Warriors are just that good.

That is what the 90s lovers fail to recognize. They assume the rest of the league is garbage because they can't compete with GS. It isn't true. There are very few teams in the history of the league that would have been able to.

I guess trash wasn't the right word but IMO there are currently 3 or maybe 4 teams who can win the title

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, actually he is.

On the other hand, when MJ played, the Bulls dominated for six seasons and couldn't be touched. The Lakers dominated for a three years, and the Celtics dominated something like 11 straight seasons. I don't see as if it has changed. That's not what MJ is really sore about. What he doesn't like in my opinion is How the Warriors won. MJ won with travelling and knocking people out with his elbows. He wasn't nearly as bad as the Detroit Bad Boys, but he still played a rough game. In todays team, he would have a tough time

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, when MJ played, the Bulls dominated for six seasons and couldn't be touched. The Lakers dominated for a three years, and the Celtics dominated something like 11 straight seasons. I don't see as if it has changed. That's not what MJ is really sore about. What he doesn't like in my opinion is How the Warriors won. MJ won with travelling and knocking people out with his elbows. He wasn't nearly as bad as the Detroit Bad Boys, but he still played a rough game. In todays team, he would have a tough time

I think some of the old dudes are also mad about how much money these guys make. Guys like Wiggins and Embiid are making more in a couple of years than guys like Malone and Barkley did in their entire careers. This is less an issue for MJ but even he is probably a little sore he couldn't make $30 mil/yr just in salary.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan's game was not that rough man.

Also, he is mad because his team is one that really is trash. If he had a team that was anything resembling a contender, he would be singing a different tune. But, the Hornets are mediocre and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. And Jordan knows this.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of the old dudes are also mad about how much money these guys make. Guys like Wiggins and Embiid are making more in a couple of years than guys like Malone and Barkley did in their entire careers. This is less an issue for MJ but even he is probably a little sore he couldn't make $30 mil/yr just in salary.
Honestly, I can relate to that one:lol:, but I earn 40 to 50 an hour and do pretty good, so I can't complain. It reminds me of Kobe Bryant for taking that last really big contract and getting some flak for it and he said that he saw no need to take a cut. I bet right now he is glad he didn't take a cut

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan's game was not that rough man.

Also, he is mad because his team is one that really is trash. If he had a team that was anything resembling a contender, he would be singing a different tune. But, the Hornets are mediocre and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. And Jordan knows this.
We both agree, however that he is upset about other things besides what he says though. It wasn't nearly as rough as it was when the Bulls forced the Pistons out of the playoffs, but it is much better than it was with him. My biggest complaint was that they let him take two to four steps half of the time - Well who couldn't score every time doing that?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I can relate to that one:lol:, but I earn 40 to 50 an hour and do pretty good, so I can't complain. It reminds me of Kobe Bryant for taking that last really big contract and getting some flak for it and he said that he saw no need to take a cut. I bet right now he is glad he didn't take a cut

Fuck off, you don't earn $50 an hour.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember in his prime when all people expected the Bulls to win every year lol really hypocritical to say something like this

At least now you have the:
GSW - best team
Cavs - team that has the best player
Spurs - when healthy proved to be able to beat the warriors (with a HOF coach)
OKC - newly formed super team

Then the Rockets, Celtics who have talents.

Jordan in the 90s had what?
Bulls - best team
with the best player
with a great coach

and the rest had great talents but we all knew they were no match for what the Bulls have

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember in his prime when all people expected the Bulls to win every year lol really hypocritical to say something like this

At least now you have the:
GSW - best team
Cavs - team that has the best player
Spurs - when healthy proved to be able to beat the warriors (with a HOF coach)
OKC - newly formed super team

Then the Rockets, Celtics who have talents.

Jordan in the 90s had what?
Bulls - best team
with the best player
with a great coach

and the rest had great talents but we all knew they were no match for what the Bulls have

This.

Seriously who were all these amazing 90s teams that could win titles against the Bulls? The Rockets?

The Bulls and Rockets won 8 championships in 8 years and he's bitching because the same two teams have been in the finals 3 years in a row? GTFO

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trash wasn't the right word but I get what he is saying.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess trash wasn't the right word but IMO there are currently 3 or maybe 4 teams who can win the title

Agree. Trash was too strong. But the fact is, the NBA always has only 3 or 4 teams with a shot and has always had superteams. They were just built differently because the rules around free agency were different.