• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypocritical Jordan whining again.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the 90's playoffs, especially during the two 3peats...not much better. You can accept that the Bulls were just that good, but not the Warriors and Cavs?

Different game different rules. Different free agency. I think the Warriors are dam good in today's game. I didn't think Clevelands team was championship caliber last year. Their bench was awful. The front court was ok. Defense was ok. Basically the Kyrie and Lebron show

Reactions: LAD

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite era was the 80's. Imo, it was the right mix of finesse and physical basketball. I enjoyed the 90's, but it got too physical and was often more basketbrawl than basketball. It was fun because it seemed like there was some genuine hate (not to mention some pretty good fights), but it got too far away from actual basketball.

You didn't like Bird slamming the ball in Lambiers head? :lol: That's classic

I miss the brawls. I miss the punishing presence of centers in the paint. Brawls like Alonzo LJ style. It was almost like hockey but no fighting. Part of the game and it was awesome. Can you see them taking that away from hockey?

Physical bball > jump shot offense IMO

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different game different rules. Different free agency. I think the Warriors are dam good in today's game. I didn't think Clevelands team was championship caliber last year. Their bench was awful. The front court was ok. Defense was ok. Basically the Kyrie and Lebron show

Agree, Games were totally different, but the breakdown of the league as far as bad teams, quality teams and teams that could actually win a title is pretty much the same. I mean, once the Bulls became the Bulls, who was really challenging them?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't like Bird slamming the ball in Lambiers head? :lol: That's classic

I miss the brawls. I miss the punishing presence of centers in the paint. Brawls like Alonzo LJ style. It was almost like hockey but no fighting. Part of the game and it was awesome. Can you see them taking that away from hockey?

Physical bball > jump shot offense IMO

Oh, I enjoyed the brawls and who didn't love Bird using Laimbeers head as a backboard? lol

That's why the 80's was my favorite era, it was a perfect mix of physicality and finesse. But don't get me wrong...loved me some 90's bloodbath basketball too. I just felt that it got a little too physical.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, Games were totally different, but the breakdown of the league as far as bad teams, quality teams and teams that could actually win a title is pretty much the same. I mean, once the Bulls became the Bulls, who was really challenging them?

Tough when you got 3 of the best defenders of all time and Kukoc and Harper and the assassin on offense

I hope Houston, OKC, and Minnesota can make some noise. Maybe the Lakers surprise. San Antonio stays healthy. I think the West could be good and fun to watch. Hopefully. But with so many good players teaming up together it does leave trash at the bottom

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I enjoyed the brawls and who didn't love Bird using Laimbeers head as a backboard? lol

That's why the 80's was my favorite era, it was a perfect mix of physicality and finesse. But don't get me wrong...loved me some 90's bloodbath basketball too. I just felt that it got a little too physical.

I say bring it back. Like i said, it's like taking the physicality away from hockey. It's been part of the game forever. Unfortunately when guys started bringing guns to practice and Artest flipped out, the NBA had to think about their image.

Imagine that physicality now with brawls + twitter and the crasy shit around today's society? Someone gets shot after the game

Back then men were men. They fought and they got thrown out, did it all over again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough when you got 3 of the best defenders of all time and Kukoc and Harper and the assassin on offense

I hope Houston, OKC, and Minnesota can make some noise. Maybe the Lakers surprise. San Antonio stays healthy. I think the West could be good and fun to watch. Hopefully. But with so many good players teaming up together it does leave trash at the bottom

Agree. But there's always trash at the bottom of the league. I mean, someone has to be last. lol

Houston and OKC can give the Warriors a scare, especially OKC if Westbrook can stay away from the hero ball. The Spurs will be the Spurs. I think they'll probably be the biggest threat to the Warriors.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. But there's always trash at the bottom of the league. I mean, someone has to be last. lol

Houston and OKC can give the Warriors a scare, especially OKC if Westbrook can stay away from the hero ball. The Spurs will be the Spurs. I think they'll probably be the biggest threat to the Warriors.
While someone here thinks the Spurs are dumpster

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine that physicality now with brawls + twitter and the crasy shit around today's society? Someone gets shot after the game

Hadn't thought about twitter. That would add a whole new element to the brawls. I could see it now...guys get in a fight during the game and then trash each other on twitter after the game. That would be fun. Heck, might even cause me to get a twitter account. lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite era was the 80's. Imo, it was the right mix of finesse and physical basketball. I enjoyed the 90's, but it got too physical and was often more basketbrawl than basketball. It was fun because it seemed like there was some genuine hate (not to mention some pretty good fights), but it got too far away from actual basketball.
I toss 87-88 on in with the 90's.

As a Pistons fan, it's just easier that way. But I know what you mean. There was an up and down nature than went out as more teams played a lot of " no layups" style on defense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Pistons fan, it's just easier that way. But I know what you mean. There was an up and down nature than went out as more teams played a lot of " no layups" style on defense.

Yeah, the Bad Boys started it in the late 80's because that was how they could get past the Celtics and Lakers. Then everyone started following suit and trying to out bad boy the bad boys.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Bad Boys started it in the late 80's because that was how they could get past the Celtics and Lakers. Then everyone started following suit and trying to out bad boy the bad boys.
Change one inbounds pass and they're playing your Lakers another year earlier for a ring.

Lakers and C's were both old has been teams by the time I could really enjoy the NBA. (I'm
36)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kukoc/Pippen/Jordan could have been considered a superteam back in his day

2 Hall of Famers and one of the best European players ever
Plus HOFer Rodman, yes it was a Superteam

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These "super teams" are also setting up the possibility of witnessing some of the greatest "upsets" in NBA history? :noidea:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not like this trash though. At least they tweaked the draft process. Never understood the ping pong balls -- they should do it like the NFL does it. Worst team gets 1st pick. Now they just need to tweak college bball and make players stay 2 years in college.

When I look at the East, I see the Cavs, Celtics, Wizards, Bucks with legit bad asses. That's it. Definitely some young talent on the 76ers, Knicks... :scratch: might be leaving someone out. That's alot of trash in the East

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you in all my life as a Bulls fan, they've never been this bad. I do think we will see 1-2 guys look like potential bad asses, but.. I hope we win 15 games.

Now is the time to rebuild however. And it's not like we've been making noise, so I'm not real pissed about it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a big difference in today's game. Back then if you go hard to the rack, someone is laying you out in the paint. That's bball always has been.

It's like a guy going to the net in hockey with the puck.. A defender isn't just gonna let him waltz in towards the net. He's gonna get at least bumped and later possibly pounded against the boards.